UN meetings

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Google rallies opposition to UN world control of Domain Name System:
Code:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/11/google-rallies-opposition-to-un-takeover-of-internet-governance/

How the ITU United Nations could put the internet behind closed doors:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XzNQarkk95Q

TravelingWind

That Bastard
Jun 27, 2012
Every year they put this tripe out...EVERY GODDAMN YEAR ,It's fucking frustrating! and you know what's worse than the corrupt politicians who keep spamming this shit like Ryu's Hadouken? The sheep that will WILLINGLY give up they're liberty for safety against an imaginary threat ,they'll give the corrupt Gov a smile and tell everyone who disagrees to shut the fuck up, yet they're willing to trample and in some cases KILL for deals on black friday.

Something is about to give i can feel it. Ready your pencils boys a chapter is about to be written.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Every year they put this tripe out...EVERY GODDAMN YEAR ,It's fucking frustrating! and you know what's worse than the corrupt politicians who keep spamming this shit like Ryu's Hadouken? The sheep that will WILLINGLY give up they're liberty for safety against an imaginary threat

Well I get what you're saying about the Sheep, and that is a big part of the problem. But the fact that they have not succeeded in a take-over does not make it imaginary the least bit. It simply means they will refine their strategy. Failure can not cope with tenacity, and let me tell you these governments are tenacious in their efforts. This is serious stuff, nothing to let your guard down on. If they pass something like this you'd better hope the general public has an alternate DNS solution in place and they know how to use it. Because lone wolves make easy prey.

Tengoku

Mar 24, 2007
Interesting how people freak out about the UN trying to take over the internet and completely ignore how the UN also wants people do be disarmed and helpless... all in the name of "Safety," of course. Seems I've heard this song before.

If we don't have guns we can't stop them from taking away our internets. All part of the plan.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Interesting how people freak out about the UN trying to take over the internet and completely ignore how the UN also wants people disarmed and helpless.

I'm well aware of whats' going on with guns and the attacks on the NRA, I'm pretty sure I posted something about the Obama Civil protection-force camps program being implement back in 2008. long story... It's funny how none of the news is talking abut this UN meeting by the way. well it's not funny, it's kind of sad.

The difference between guns and this, is that the general public is familiar with guns because they're something physical and they understand what they are (be for them or against them). People will stand strong for or against something that they understand. The key here is that they have an opinion on a matter since they understand what the objective is. However, there are a lot of people out there who are not computer savvy and don't comprehend the seriousness of the UN having total control over the DNS system. The general public doesn't even know what that is. The lack of public knowledge is a great concern.