Time to end the annoyance

KaiEr

Jan 30, 2008
It seriously can't be just me...

Can we do something to stop the degradation of this site by the incessant repetitive posting of image sets through FileJoker that die within hours? I get the direct download rule, but this has NOTHING to do with direct download - I'm speaking of the download set threads (those which are not mandated to follow that rule).

I like the site and all, but this whole thing of having to be there within hours of a post is getting quite old. Seeing hundreds of posts that have been made meaningless within a day? Is that seriously what we want this site to be? Page after page of dead links and the exponentially greater number of "please repost" messages?

Do I really have to write what's really going on? In public? I don't want to bash anyone like that, but good grief... it's not subtle what is being done. And it's rather sad.

There ARE other, more stable hosting sites for these sets. I just don't see the point in the insanity that is going on here.

You can't get other people to post sets, because first they would have to go through and weed through all of the dead links to find if the set is still active (which the vast majority are not), and then there is the whole constant running list/posts that prohibit people from posting because of the 7 day rule. And while the 7 day rule does not apply to dead links, we have seen in the past with anyone other than the original poster trying to repost a set that is dead, they are pounced on and "shamed" into stopping their postings. Of all things, keeping someone from posting a set.

Something needs to be done to rectify this insanity.

Reactions: Ceewan

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I have to admit that I've never been in any section here which features any picture sets. Also I try to avoid the download sections.
It must be very annoying that files are deleted by FileJoker so often so fast. But maybe they are under tighter surveillance than other hosters. And if they get a request for deletion...
Also it is the circle of life that links to file hosters get deleted. That's why I don't like it at all. Maybe the privacy is higher than using P2P - but only maybe (the hoster still has the IP - and you can increase your privacy also in P2P), but I prefer hash bases services (like torrent, eMule, etc.). They hash link is always valid, maybe the file isn't seeded anymore. But the time range files are seeded is much longer. And anyone can reseed it anytime again.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I like the site and all, but this whole thing of having to be there within hours of a post is getting quite old. Seeing hundreds of posts that have been made meaningless within a day? Is that seriously what we want this site to be? Page after page of dead links and the exponentially greater number of "please repost" messages?

Do I really have to write what's really going on? In public? I don't want to bash anyone like that, but good grief... it's not subtle what is being done. And it's rather sad.

There ARE other, more stable hosting sites for these sets. I just don't see the point in the insanity that is going on here.

You can't get other people to post sets, because first they would have to go through and weed through all of the dead links to find if the set is still active (which the vast majority are not), and then there is the whole constant running list/posts that prohibit people from posting because of the 7 day rule. And while the 7 day rule does not apply to dead links, we have seen in the past with anyone other than the original poster trying to repost a set that is dead, they are pounced on and "shamed" into stopping their postings. Of all things, keeping someone from posting a set.

Something needs to be done to rectify this insanity.

The "FileJoker" rule is done in order to provide funding for the continued hosting of the site. Without decent sponsorship this site will cease to exist. Plain and simple, easy to understand, you are now informed.

Personally I would also like to see this rule in ALL image download areas revoked. The majority of the traffic, (66% according to Alexa) is Japanese and they are downloading JAV, not image sets. so revoking the Filejoker rule in the image download areas should not adversly affect this site or Filejoker (FileJoker will probably even be grateful for the decrease in takedown requests). It is not up to me however because I do not own this site.

If you wanted this thread taken seriously you should have posted it in the right section. Request a Moderator to move it to the Site Feedback section of the forum. Here it will just get quickly buried.

Reactions: tylersailer

KaiEr

Jan 30, 2008
The "FileJoker" rule is done in order to provide funding for the continued hosting of the site. Without decent sponsorship this site will cease to exist. Plain and simple, easy to understand, you are now informed.

Personally I would also like to see this rule in ALL image download areas revoked. The majority of the traffic, (66% according to Alexa) is Japanese and they are downloading JAV, not image sets. so revoking the Filejoker rule in the image download areas should not adversly affect this site or Filejoker (FileJoker will probably even be grateful for the decrease in takedown requests). It is not up to me however because I do not own this site.

If you wanted this thread taken seriously you should have posted it in the right section. Request a Moderator to move it to the Site Feedback section of the forum. Here it will just get quickly buried.

Ummm... You missed a point in my post, and you hit on something that supports my post. I'm not speaking of the FileJoker rules, because they only apply to direct-download. There ARE no File Joker rules in the image set area - which begs the question why someone is continuing to use it.

You've seen the "Downloadable Candies" forum - it's an utter mess. There can be 50 pages of one thread, and the ONLY "downloadable" portion of it might be the last post, if it happens to be a FileJoker post that has not died yet.

And I did post this in Feedback - it wasn't buried it was deleted.

We know what's going on, I'm just surprised the moderators are allowing it to continue.

KaiEr

Jan 30, 2008
I have to admit that I've never been in any section here which features any picture sets. Also I try to avoid the download sections.
It must be very annoying that files are deleted by FileJoker so often so fast. But maybe they are under tighter surveillance than other hosters. And if they get a request for deletion...
Also it is the circle of life that links to file hosters get deleted. That's why I don't like it at all. Maybe the privacy is higher than using P2P - but only maybe (the hoster still has the IP - and you can increase your privacy also in P2P), but I prefer hash bases services (like torrent, eMule, etc.). They hash link is always valid, maybe the file isn't seeded anymore. But the time range files are seeded is much longer. And anyone can reseed it anytime again.

The sets being deleted by FileJoker isn't the annoying part - it's that someone is using it with the full knowledge that it will happen, and vocally trying to keep others from posting sets on more stable sites. Again, there is no FileJoker rule in those areas, only direct download.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Ummm... You missed a point in my post, and you hit on something that supports my post. I'm not speaking of the FileJoker rules, because they only apply to direct-download. There ARE no File Joker rules in the image set area - which begs the question why someone is continuing to use it.

Yep. I did not notice they changed the header (I just got used to ignoring that damn thing). I thought the FileJoker Rule applied to all sections (pretty sure that is how it was once stated). If someone is posting direct download links in the wrong section that is a violation of the rules (technically) but as long as the post is ontopic the moderators are not bound by the rules to do anything. My suggestion is to just add this person to your ignore list. Spammers who "spam" within the rules are just something you will likely have to put up with.

Also, call someone out if you feel the need to. Confrontation may be ugly but it can be the best way to clear the air and help resolve issues. You really should have included pertinent links in your original post as well to what you are referring to. Name names, dates times. The mods are busy people, don't make them guess because they will probably just move on to something else.

In addition, if your previous thread in the Feedback section was deleted then it would have been a good idea on your part to find out from one of the mods exactly why it was deleted. They are here to help and all the mods that I know that are currently here are great guys. We may not agree on everything, hell, not all of them even like me but I respect them and the job they do here. I have been where they are and let me tell you, it is not a "fun and games" way to spend your free time. They are here doing what they do because they care about this forum.

Reactions: tylersailer