The truth behind “7898789” not sharing anymore

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Jerry Cheng

Feb 15, 2014
I think most of us who regularly downloads Lesbian Sex Video know about this sharer “7898789”,
and recently he has announced that he will no longer share any more videos. Since he is not fluent in English,
he has not disclosed why he stops sharing in this forum. However he has stated the reason that he has stopped sharing in one of Chinese forum below:

cqrS46h.jpg

I have been sharing Lesbian Sex Video for over 10 plus years now.
However I always came across sellers in China who downloaded my video and then start selling them for profit openly on QQ or Beiduo bar to the public.
All Lesbian Sex Video that I share, I bought them out of my own pocket and converted them myself to shareable video format;
or I purchased them directly from DMM and then I removed DRM anti-piracy mechanism in order to share them.
I don’t make a single dime from sharing those videos even though I spent my own money,
time and efforts to share them; so what gives those sellers the right to use my resources to make money for themselves?
Therefore since July 2013, I started to put watermark on the videos that I shared:
1876106-RFJVJ3S.jpg

The watermark is only shown periodically like 10 seconds for every 10 minutes.
I want to tell people who paid to see them to contact me directly,
So that I can tell them where I share those resources, FOR FREE, instead of paying money,
And hopefully they are able to tell me who are selling them, and so I can report those people to Chinese government’s cyber crime department.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But beginning August 2013,
I noticed that every time I released new videos, not long after, there will be another forum member who would share exactly the same videos with emphasis on “No fxxking logo or watermark” in his post. So out of curiosity, I download his video to check.
1876112-SPPDD62.png

Well it is clear that he downloaded those video from me, and then edited out those watermarks to share them himself, and attacked me with “No fxxking logo or watermark”.
WTF is that?
He has angered me so I disclosed what he had done on the forum.
With no surprises, many others have voiced out similar claims against him.
This guy has since become inactive on the forum, without any further post.
And that’s why I added the following message to my signature file:
It is FULLY UNWELCOME “nanamiyusa” or any other members’ action who downloaded my sharing and change to a different watermark
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought that would be the end of it.
But unfortunately I noticed he is also lurking in other major Chinese sharing forums when I searched for his ID out of boredom, so that means he is a Chinese too?
What’s worse is that he even hosts a website himself to share those videos, with all those ad pop up to make profit.
And he continues to download my videos, get rid of watermark, and sharing them to make profit; even though he no longer posts on the forum that I share my resources.
So I PM (Personal Message) this guy on 2 of the forums to question him, and this is what he replies to me:

1876123-NQI4GG9.jpg

[1st Picture]
Nanamiyusa Re: Shameless
You know what? Your videos that I re-share are not even 1/1,000 of what I shared on the Internet; do you have persecutory delusion?
Putting watermarks on videos is an insult to free sharing world, so I am getting rid of them, what the fuck are you angry about?
The property belongs to Japanese publisher and actress; they are not yours to begin from!
If you like to share, then share it. Why are you adding watermark to promote yourself?
If you don’t like me doing this, then stop sharing. Save your energies.
You 426 (derogatory terms for Chinese) who are notorious for violating copyrights is discussing exactly copyright to me? I am laughing at you.
Shame on you, you are making me puke.
Remember to take your medicine to treat your persecutory delusion disorder.

“ Originally posted by 7898789
It is to my surprise that I found you also lurking on all major Chinese sharing forum, therefore you understand Chinese don’t you?
I have visited your websites full of ad page pop up, which has angered me, what is your deal?
I already stated explicitly in the watermark of the videos that I share: that I do not welcome people like you who will get rid of my watermark to re-share.
But yet you keep doing it, only without posting anymore on “akiba-online” forum.
No matter how I changed the frequency of my watermark, you will get rid of them all.
If you are being perfectionist on sharing those videos without watermark, why don’t you go purchase them yourself and spent your own time and efforts making them sharable online.
I don’t mind people re-sharing my videos as long as they keep those watermarks intact, but clearly you insist on getting rid of watermarks without crediting those who did the hard works to convert them to shareable format, let alone paying money to purchase the original.
In future, if I found out again you are sharing my videos while getting rid of my watermarks, then I will stop sharing anymore, and I will let everyone know about your shameful behavior and you are the sole cause of me stop sharing anymore.
1876120-5X3UK90.jpg

[2nd Picture]
7898789 6 hours ago
It is to my surprise that I found you also lurking on all major Chinese sharing forum, therefore you understand Chinese don’t you?
I have visited your websites full of ad page pop up, which has angered me, what is your deal?
I already stated explicitly in the watermark of the videos that I share: that I do not welcome people like you who will get rid of my watermark to re-share.
But yet you keep doing it, only without posting anymore on “akiba-online” forum.
No matter how I changed the frequency of my watermark, you will get rid of them all.
If you are being perfectionist on sharing those videos without watermark, why don’t you go purchase them yourself and spent your own time and efforts making them sharable online.
I don’t mind people re-sharing my videos as long as they keep those watermarks intact, but clearly you insist on getting rid of watermarks without crediting those who did the hard works to convert them to shareable format, let alone paying money to purchase the original.
In future, if I found out again you are sharing my videos while getting rid of my watermarks, then I will stop sharing anymore, and I will let everyone know about your shameful behavior and you are the sole cause of me stop sharing anymore.
Nanamiyusa 1 hour ago
Are you fucking idiot or retarded?
You 426 (derogatory terms for Chinese) think you own the video once you watermark on them?
Sharing is sharing, stop giving me all these non-sense gibberish.
Nanamiyusa 30 minutes ago
If you really want to share, then why do you add those watermarks? You are a piece of trash who wants to promote yourself. You Chinese dogs think putting on watermarks meaning you have property rights? How are you ignoring the original Japanese publisher? You are sharing them illegally and you are barking at me? Are you retarded? No wonder you are a Shan-zhai Chinese piece of trash.
Your watermarked videos are not even worth 1/1,000 of my total share, stop think you are someone important, you are being delusional. To tell you the truth, I am ridding those watermark for http://hjav.org/ you are not even 1/10,000 of their worth, stop bringing shame to yourself, and go drop dead, you trash.
As for “Akiba-online”, I have been posting there before you even show up, I stopped posting there so I don’t have to reply to trash like you, fuck off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man I am really tired and frustrated by this, the reason I am adding watermark is to prevent others profiting from them, and to tell others that they can get them directly and FREELY from me. I am not promoting for anything but to tell people they can get it free from me. I am not the one who hosts phony website full of pop up ads to make money.
Do you guys even have any ideas how much I have invested, both money and efforts, into sharing these stuff? I have not ask anything for return, only adding watermarks to deter those who intent to sell them for profits, and now it is all my fault?
I am tired and frustrated by all this, seriously I don’t want to share anymore, all my selflessly sharing is giving me headaches instead, why bother?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In addition to the full disclosure by 7898789 as above,
nanamiyusa even reported 7898789 on “akiba-online” forum,
http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?p=2471007
and he even denied that his video sources are from 7898789

Well, this is a screen capture of 7898789 sharing “LYZL-002”
WsCbK3h.jpg

And this is a screen capture of sanamiyusa sharing “LYZL-002” on his website
qzyfX94.png

You be the judge who is telling the truth, based on above pictures and their PM contents. It is easy to tell whether or not “nanamiyusa’s claim of not using 7898789’s video source” is of any validity.

No matter how enthusiastic you are about sharing, if you have experienced such ordeal, it is understandable that anybody would be frustrated and discouraged to ever share again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Thanks, I was curious to know what exactly was said in those pm, but was too lazy to try and OCR and translate it from the pictures to get a rough idea of it.

In my opinion, both have some valid point, but both are also wrong in the end.

Nanamiyusa should at least give credit to 7898789 for the movies, even if he removes the watermark(and also not insult him) and shouldn't lie/try to hide where he get them from.
He's clearly lacking respect towards 7898789 sharing efforts and also to the man himself.

7898789 should realize that if he shares something, people can and will do whatever they want with it, it's not his personal property anymore.
Adding a watermark clearly isn't an effective way to stop people from profiting from his efforts and it's annoying to many people who actually respect his hard work and enjoy the movies he's sharing.

7898789 said:
All Lesbian Sex Video that I share, I bought them out of my own pocket and converted them myself to shareable video format;
or I purchased them directly from DMM and then I removed DRM anti-piracy mechanism in order to share them.
That is exactly what Nanamiyusa is doing to 7898789 movie files(the watermark is 7898789 form of anti-piracy mechanism, except 7898789 goal is to prevent other from profiting from it instead of preventing people from getting it for free which is the goal of the actual content owners) and yet when it's someone other than him doing it, he's getting upset which is pretty hypocritical.

I know it's annoying to see others modify something you spent a lot of efforts on and I know exactly how much work is required to convert a video in the highest quality possible(I've spent hundred of hours automating my process as much as possible to try and prevent it from being a chore at some point in the future so that I'll be able to keep sharing hopefully for a long time).
I've seen many people butchering my efforts even by not doing anything to find that out so there are probable many more than I know of, but you can't say you're selflessly sharing something if you expect others to do something in return for you(in this case, not modifying the files to their liking/standards).

I've voiced my opinion on this many times so most should know it by now, but I think adding a watermark to a video to prevent others from profiting from it is a really bad idea.
You're punishing everyone you share the video with(I'm aware not everyone is as bothered by them as I am, but I'm sure everyone would prefer them to not be there as opposed to having them if they had to choose) to try and prevent(unsuccessfully since it's trivial to remove a watermark with only a little video editing knowledge) a minority to profit from it.
In this day and age, almost everyone tech savvy enough to download something other than from an official website should be aware that any content is very likely available somewhere for free if you find some sketchy dude offering to sell it, you simply have to search a bit harder than you already have.

Reactions: 4 people

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Someone told me once...if you post anything on the internet it is no longer yours. That is just a fact. If you post a Selfie on Facebook, Instagram, StreamZoo, anyone that can get to it can download it, edit it, redistribute it with ease. Nothing you can do about it. 7898789 is simply a kind soul sharing to an unkind and uncaring Web. For every person out there that respects his efforts there are ten that don't. I wish the guy peace. Hopefully he's in a good place not having to exert his hard earned cash and time to get things up for others. His intentions are golden! When I share I don't care what happens to the files. That's just me. I'm sure those who would download his offerings will miss his content, but it is better for him to stop. No use getting frustrated because others that do what he doesn't like will not stop.

Reactions: 4 people

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
A special thanks to Jerry Cheng for his efforts and translation,

and thank you for the 3 replies I could only repeat what they have already stated

as for me I hate watermarks,

but the problem is not giving the credit, and the posting shortly after the original post, also the alterations, I do not think the complaints would come in until the original post links are dead, that is the REAL problem,

Reactions: 2 people

eldar360

Jun 6, 2007
Guess this explains why some of the groups (such as dioguitar) who haven't been watermarking their releases have started to go down that avenue

toit3

Apr 30, 2011
to Casshern 2, yes, I agree that fact :if you post anything on the internet it is no longer yours. If 7898789 post something on the internet, he has to accept that people can using it.
However, he spent a lot of effort and money and time to create that thing that everyone can use, thus it is normally to have his credit on his product. It is a way to respect the one who put effort to enrich our lives. If you remove the credit, it is very disrespect, right? Like many groups translating manga and anime, you can share it any where without permission, but credit has to be included. It is respect.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I can read Chinese but even then I'm too lazy to read the diatribe in full. Trouble in a teacup. Even prior to this, I'm aware of various "wars" between various Chinese groups or individuals in this community. Many torrents found on Akiba contains a lot of extra TXT, HTML, and JPG condemning this and that Chinese groups. How lucky you are if you can't read Chinese.

Absolutely I don't condone nanamiyusa, but just the same, I don't sympathize with 7898789 either. What right does 7898789 have to expect any protection simply because he paid for a DVD and spent time to rip it? You can't mutilate (watermark) and distribute someone else' artwork/product and then expect no one else is allowed to do the same to you. If others made a profit from your share, well either suck it up or go and sell discs yourself.

What if someone watermark an MP3 by overlay a audio signature over Katy Perry? Or insert a custom splash screen on your jailbroken iPhone, or de-DRM'ed app? We've seen them and we oppose them strongly. Either you are for sharing or not, don't do the sharing if you want to be seen and thanked and admired and worshiped.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
To further explain why I don't share 7898789's pet peeve: I travel to China regularly and understand the situation there.

Trust me, if an average Chinese person can obtain something (JAV) for free, he would not pay a dime to a QQ or Weibo seller. People who buy such discs do so because they are unable or unwilling to do the torrent or direct download. I know for a fact that many file hosting sites are blocked in China so it's not that easy to obtain the free shares so kindly provided by 7898789. There's even a class of consumers who don't own a PC or laptop, who buy these discs from illegal sellers under the bridge or in the seediest corners of shopping districts. Without those merchants who burn the JAV into physical media, they will never get access to either the legit JAV DVDs nor enjoy the free shares on Akiba. So if they are willing to pay some money for the physical media and circumventing China's firewall and censorship and the service of burning disc, well why should anyone begrudge them.

You know, God also provided free oxygen, I don't think he is angry with people who open "Oxygen Bars" in places like Tokyo.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
However, he spent a lot of effort and money and time to create that thing that everyone can use, thus it is normally to have his credit on his product.
Try telling that to the people who spent a lot of effort and money on *making* the movies only to have them ripped and posted online...
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are people who rip and post DVDs online, but they can't really complain when somebody then uses "their" product. After all, he's doing the same to the JAV studios.

Reactions: 3 people

thelolibear

Loli Collector
Apr 30, 2007
Exactly why i stopped sharing the jridol dvds i buy, as you said you cant complain if you share it and someone re-shares it but nowadays it seems to go just to fast, like those money making websites just wait for your upload to instantly re-upload and make money with it. It like im not sharing for the people here, more like im sharing that some dude can buy a new car or something, and thats not why people shared before, maybe its just the fault of the DDL websites with the money they give for downloads but on the other hand it supports people to buy new stuff, a strange circle.

easseh

May 1, 2008
Long as someone else can fill the void who cares. Egos in pirate groups is so 90s.
Nobody is filling the void. To upload the same amount of lesbian JAV's as 7898789 would cost more than a thousand dollars.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Meh, if you share something that's pirated or bought from somewhere else and pretend like you "own it" suddenly..

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
The real ones missing/losing out are the publishers. That will be said over and over (sorry for saying it again!) If their laws were such that JAV was legal to sell and ship overseas it was be less of a problem for them. OR maybe even more of one. Just think of those who would buy, rip, post. We'd have better quality titles at least. Well...there went my train of thought.

At any rate sharing is an individual decision. Just don't forget that what is being shared isn't ours to share, really. I guess it would have to be a this is a Casshern2 release thing if I put myself in his shoes. Maybe it is more about the recognition. His decision to stop, I mean.

Reactions: 1 person

Jerry Cheng

Feb 15, 2014
There are a lot of people sharing on the Internet, and you can categorize them into several types.
Some people share so they can trade resources with each other, those people account to how many? 60%??
Some people share so they can profit from it, and how many are them?? 30%??
Some people share just for the sake of sharing, buying from original source and without asking any monetary return.
How many people are like that?? 10% or maybe less??

Seeing majority of the members in this forum are not living in China, it is understandable that you have no idea how severe the situation is selling piracy contents in China.
When you release videos for free, and then next day seeing your work being sold in Baidu (open membership discussion board), some even without re-uploading and just selling the direct link that you provided, would you still feel indifferent by it?
7898789 has been putting up with this for 10 years before he started countering it by making watermarks, has he not endured enough?
If I were him, I would have stopped sharing the very first time I learned that my work has been re-selling for profits.
Maybe you would be wondering, why doesn’t 7898789 just share on Baidu as well?? So those re-sellers would not have a market.
Well, sharing stuff is still a criminal offense in China after all; he wouldn’t risk being arrested even though he is willing to share.
But there are people out there who would take those risks to make money, especially when they can get those contents for free.

What right does 7898789 have to expect any protection simply because he paid for a DVD and spent time to rip it?
That is exactly what Nanamiyusa is doing to 7898789 movie files(the watermark is 7898789 form of anti-piracy mechanism, except 7898789 goal is to prevent other from profiting from it instead of preventing people from getting it for free which is the goal of the actual content owners) and yet when it's someone other than him doing it, he's getting upset which is pretty hypocritical.

Actually you are wrong; 7898789’s watermark is not for anti-piracy purpose.
He had said it himself; he cannot stop people from selling his videos that he released for free, so he added those watermarks to tell people to contact him directly, so he can tell them where to download his videos for free, so those victims don’t have to buy them in the future.
You may think 7898789 added watermark to prevent others profiting from his work; but if you look at it from another perspective, he is actually preventing people from paying for videos he shared for free.
He added watermark to create an era of free sharing Internet, something he believes in and contributes to, but now you are comparing his hard works with people who are profiting from it??

I hate to say this, but I do think 7898789 is a fool, too naive to believe that a free sharing Internet era could be achieved by adding watermarks.
Even though he spent extra time and energies to add watermarks, people who actually benefit from his sharing are unforgiving of it because they don’t know his true intention.
And worse, there are people out there who still can remove his watermark.
Maybe this “Nanamiyusa incident” can let 7898789 understands his own stupidity. And maybe the best option for him is to stop sharing.

I also hate watermarks, but it is hard for me to hate his watermarks.
I still believe he is being a fool, but I truly respect from my heart and deeply appreciate for this…. fool.

Jerry Cheng

Feb 15, 2014
I seem to forgot to translate his watermark into English.

Original watermark:
盛宏自购,免费分享,严禁盗卖,QQ:2489416566

盛宏(7898789’s Chinese ID) purchased, sharing for free, forbid re-selling, QQ: 2489416566 (his contact info)

From the watermark’s content, it’s clear those messages are intended for people who paid to watch the videos.
7898789 has emphasized in the watermark that the video should be “sharing for free”, so if someone has paid to watch them, they can contact him via his QQ account.
After all if you can get those videos for free, who would want to spend money to purchase them?
It is also obvious that 7898789’s goal for adding watermark is to help to create a free sharing internet era
Based on these watermark meaning, who would still deem that it is an act of “declaring property rights”?

Mar 28, 2008
No one really knows the saying " Even among thieves theres honor" or in some other fancy way of saying it.

I fully understand where he was coming from.

He will be back, at least back here on Akiba.