The Great Hentai Compendium

abbott

Jul 27, 2008
The whole idea for this came to me yesterday when I was watching the first episode of Queen's Parade. Early on in the episode is a scene where the heroine is being strangled to death, and in the process wets her pants. When I saw that scene, I thought to myself, "geez, when was the last time I watched an anime or hentai that had watersports in it?" It was at that stage I came to the conclusion that actually, I was a Hentai novice who knew little about the subject. I've lurked around various sites, like akiba-online, for several years and downloaded random Hentai Animes in the process. But I never really do any background research on what I'm going to watch, and usually end up being disappointed.

I was originally going to come here and ask if anyone knew any Hentai that included watersports in them, but rather than being the selfish lurker who only posts when he wants something, I decided to try and give something back. I noticed a thread here http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3587 that lists Tentacle Hentais and gives a short review. I thought, "hmm, it could be a good idea to make a thread that contains a list of all types of Hentai."

So here it is, and here I am, wanting to make a total compendium of Hentai, with the genre, a little info about each series or show and when relevant, a link to a torrent or download. Of course I wish to abide by akiba-online rules, and will therefore do not want links to torrents, etc of licensed shows.

The plan is to create a directory here in the first post, and when a new Hentai is listed I will add it to the directory in the correct genre, and then link to the post where there is info about it and when applicable, a link to a torrent. I will add more genres if deemed necessary.

If this is a bad idea, or no one is willing to help, then by all means this can be deleted. I'll try to start adding the Hentais I have seen, but any contributions would be great.

---------------

Currently taking suggestions on how to format the list. Alphabetically or genre, alphabetically makes more sense I suppose.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
normal for hentai are categories like YURI, YAOI, FUTA, LOLI, SHOTA.

In my eyes it hardly would make sense to use categories you mentioned, as there are too many animes you could put in more than one of these, and there will be a discussion what to put where.

I think it would be better to make a list by alphabet and to list to the genres as properties in 2nd place. But which name to list first, the english, the Romaji, or the Kanji title (or even an AKA name)*. It should be sure that you can find the title you look for in every possible way

*for ex:
The Dollhouse (title Kitty Media has given) aka
Mermaid Mansion (title used before Kitty renamed it) aka
Ningyou no Yakata (Romaji title) aka
人形の館 (Kanji tilte).

Searching for a title would lead you directly to it instead of looking at a genre list you think it could be but isn´t.

Have you really thought about what you are planning?

Where would you put La Blue Girl, it has tentacles, straight sex, lesbian sex as well as futanari?

abbott

Jul 27, 2008
This is why I'm open to suggestions. The main thing I did want to do was seperate it into genres, but if alphabetical works better with the genre listed next to it, then that would also work. As I said, the main thing I noticed in the Hentai Discussion forum was people starting threads asking for specific genre Hentai, but I'm open to suggestions.

I would primarily put La Blue Girl into tentacle, since that is generally the strongest feature. The genres I listed were simply what popped into my head at the time.

Let's see what some other people say, but yes, I agree with the merit of listing them alphabetically. Probably in the following format:

Romaji name (Kanji name) - number of episodes - genre(s)

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
The whole idea for this came to me yesterday when I was watching the first episode of Queen's Parade. Early on in the episode is a scene where the heroine is being strangled to death, and in the process wets her pants.

I was originally going to come here and ask if anyone knew any Hentai that included watersports in them

it sounds like your talking about Queen's Blade. by watersports do u mean anything with peeing? if so there's actually quite a lot of hens that have that but there's no single hen that concentrates solely on that genre. since its not really my cup of tea i can only give u a few examples. Manin Densha ep 1, Shusaku series ( not sure about Kisaku and Isaku ), Slave Market, Iyashite Agerun Saiyuki ( uncen just recently released ), Night Shift Nurses series ( actually hens that are about nurses or hospitals usually have what your looking for ).

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Isn't Anidb already doing most of what you've been talking about ?
Have a look, it's already rather complete, including keyword tags.

In general, I don't like this kind of categorization, I prefer personnally to classify by producers/companies or by authors/creators. But I know that the mass want its "r*** bondage SM loli" or whatever ultimate list.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
our last discoveries of Little Mermaid series like Star Tanjou (the Five Ways cases) or Nyo in by Green Bunny are already mentioned correctly in AniDB now the way we found it out. It is in our hands to have missing data added or wrong data corrected. Our successes on A-O are watched and I´m transferring data too as I have built up a connection with one of their mods...

jfgslo

Mar 11, 2009
What you are planning to do is way to big to handle in a single thread. Also, there is already some work in what you want to do by DocWatson and his Hentai fetish database
ttp://www.animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214053

He is already working on classifying Hentai with their fetish (incest, lolicon, watersports, older women, yuri, etc.). Also, as elgringo14 said, AniDB has also some work done with categories and tags. It'be better that you help the AniDB or DocWatson with their already existing work.

Your plan is not bad but, IMHO, it will be quite hard to implement in a thread. Just think about how many ero-anime include yuri. That alone would be hard to implement in a thread with download links and info.

I do not want to discourage you. I just think you are limited in resources for what you want to do. It would work better if you added all ero-anime in a wiki and then each anime could have some tags for their specific fetish(es). You could add some images and reviews, and add some links. But it's no easy. We still haven't found all ero-anime. And moreover, this is already being done by the AniDB and DocWatson. Doing that kind of work in a single thread wouldn't work too well, I think.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Have you ever tried studying for an exam by studying somebody else's notes vs. studying for a similar exam by creating your own notes and reviewing those? Most people will remember the details better if they engage their brains more actively in the creation of the notes. It's the same reason you remember better those stories you partook in (i.e. memories of your own) versus those stories you heard second-hand from others (i.e. others' memories). When you do it yourself, you remember it better.

My point is, I think each fan of hentai should catalogue his own stuff.

As for looking for stuff you've never heard of by author, fetish, source material, or other methods, I think the database that will win my heart and the hearts of our community will be the one which does these two things best:

First, it has to have the most titles of any of the competition.

Second, it has to use an advanced search engine and entries loaded with search keywords. What I mean is, I don't want a story to be indexed by just the author, just the year, just the fetish, etc. I want an HTML page which is like this:

Code:
Search by keyword: [___________________________]
Search by author: [___________________________]
Search by title: [___________________________]

Fetish: click as many of the following boxes as necessary.
[_] big boobs / kyonyuu / 巨乳
[_] flat chest / hinnyuu / 貧乳
[_] adult woman / otona no onna / 大人の女
[_] adult man / otona no otoko / 大人の男
[_] high school girl / joshikousei / 女子高生
[_] tentacles / shokushu / 触手
[_] cum all over / bukkake / ぶっかけ
[_] hypnosis / saimin jutsu / 催眠術
[_] sex slave / niku dorei / 肉奴隷
. . . . . . . 

Date: 
Return all results first published between [YYYY] [MM] [DD] and [YYYY] [MM] [DD]. (Leave both fields blank if you want to search through all available dates. Leave only the first field blank if you wish to search through all available dates up until a specific point in time. Leave only the second field blank if you wish to search through all dates which follow a specific point in time.)

Color: click one of the following radio buttons.
(_) only B&W (except for the cover)
(_) some B&W, some color
(_) only color (except for the copyright information page)

Original Audio/Text language: check as many boxes as apply.
[_] Japanese
[_] English
[_] Chinese
[_] French
[_] Spanish
[_] Russian
[_] Arabic

Subtitle/Scanlation Language: check as many boxes as apply.
[_] Japanese
[_] English
[_] Chinese
[_] French
[_] Spanish
[_] Russian
[_] Arabic

Minimum file size = [_________] MB (Megabytes) (type in '0' for no minimum)
Maximum file size = [_________] MB (Megabytes) (type in '0' for no maximum)
And on and on it goes. You get the idea. A very powerful search engine, sort of like what you see on some libraries' digitized Card Catalogs.

abbott

Jul 27, 2008
Seems like there's already better alternatives to what I was suggesting, so this won't be getting off the ground.

Thanks for the feedback.