The "Finding a Similar JAV" (Recommendations) Thread

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

How do you find similar movies of your liking? (Choose the one that works most for you)

• Ask in this forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Follow DMM/R18 "You may like..."

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Search Google/Yahoo/Whatever and try your luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (write an answer)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

EroMura777

Apr 5, 2015
[This is not a thread for asking recommendations]

Let's suppose you finish watching a JAV you really enjoyed and want to find and watch similar themed movies. What do you do?

There's a poll to answer with some of the common things that come to my mind when trying to get a list of similar movies, but I would be more than pleased to hear (read?) if you do other things that worl for you or if you have had any weird experience that want to share.

I apologise beforehand for if there is a similar thread in here.

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
Usually, if what I like about a movie can be pinned down to a specific fetish, I try to find the word for it on DMM, either in the movie description, or the fetish tags and then search DMM or my JAV blog of choice using that specific word.

For example, I once saw this movie where girls use onaholes (Basically japanese fleshlights.) to jerk off dudes.

ihTJX3A.jpg

So I picked out the japanese word for them, オナホール or オナホ (onaho) for short and went on my search. Unfortunatly in this case there weren't many other movies like that, and among the few like it, this one was still the best. Most of the time the word was used in another context, for example "Girl gets fucked as if she was a fleshlight!" or something like that. But for me it's still the best way to find similiar movies.

...well, actually, the very first thing I always do is to look if it's part of a series. But after that, all of the above applies.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
usually I search from DMM / R18 / JAV Library using their genre, series names or performer's names, and i oftenly get lucky with that

and when I've some free times I search throughly from the label, looking if they have the same stuff