sound out of sync with video

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
hi
i have a number of videos where the sound is out of sync with the video picture.
an example would be RBD-303 where te sound is avout a good five seconds ahead of the action.
i wonder of anyone knows how to fix this at all? any suggestions or advice please.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
We'd need more details to be able to help.

First, is your computer powerful enough to play the video? If it's right at the limit, the audio can get out of sync when played back even if it's not in the video.

If you want a temporary fix, you can usually adjust the audio delay in the media player or codec your using. For specifics, we'd need to know which you're using.

For a permanent fix, you need to set the audio delay in the video container(avi, wmv, mkv, mp4, etc.) if possible or transfer it all to another container which has such a feature(like mkv, which you can set using mkvmerge), but, once again, we'd need to know which container the video you have trouble with are using

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for the detailed reply. I will get back to you with more details soon.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
hi
the media player I am using is VLC media player.
I am not sure what you mean by video container?
Hope that helps

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You can press the j or k key while the video is open to adjust the audio delay with VLC(see here: http://lifehacker.com/5910943/fix-out-of-sync-audio-in-vlc-with-a-keyboard-shortcut ) or you can set it manually in the audio preferences which is also explained by that link.

By video container, I meant what I put in parenthesis next to it the first time I mentioned it being either avi, wmv, mkv, mp4 or something else less common.

Reactions: jaymer

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Thanks

Will try those key suggestions when I have a chance to. It will be sometime in the next 24 hours. And one it has been tried I will get back to you.