Sokmil dead?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018
Can’t buy movie in Sokmil using non Japanese credit card.
Surprisingly, I made a test purchase and I'm still able to buy movies. I use a travel credit card so I don't get hit with foreign transaction fees

wlcham

Mar 11, 2010
Surprisingly, I made a test purchase and I'm still able to buy movies. I use a travel credit card so I don't get hit with foreign transaction fees
Really! I've tried my cards still can buy. Are they blocked some countries?

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018
apparently not in America I just bought this

h_186av134pl.jpg

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
It says they block some cards like American Express and Diners.

chusung

Sep 19, 2022
it is a sad thing that they are following the likes of dmm/fanza.

i contacted sokmil support, and this is their reply.

sokmil-no-credit-card.jpg

(translated meaning: since 4 august 1600hrs, there are issues with credit card settlement, and hence registration or payment cannot be done via credit card.
resolution is going on but there is no expected timeline of recovery.)

i reckon even if it is recovered, probably only japanese cards will be supported.

the support suggested to top up and pay via bitcash, but if you do not have a japanese address and phone number, you cannot top up bitcash via credit card. so you gotta purchase a bitcash prepaid card from another 3rd party vendor to do so, which brings even more hassle and risk.

i thought japanese is advanced in technology, but seems like they are going backwards in terms of digital payments.

Reactions: wlcham

chusung

Sep 19, 2022
nobody says that site isn't working. you just can't pay via credit card. if you could, then show us a screenshot

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
I'm still able to buy but I "saved" my credit card for faster purchases. Don't know what happens if I try to add a new one.

it is a sad thing that they are following the likes of dmm/fanza.
What do you mean? DMM with a VPN still works fine and payment is possible via PayPal via DMM Points. At least it works for me like this.

rezuman666

Jul 11, 2022
Yeah, it works now. I was finally able to buy a movie from Sokmil using a Visa credit card, mastercard didn't work.

Now to figure out how to download/rip it...

ramp_it_up

Dec 21, 2018
One thing I do hate is that we cant access the unlimited monthly jav access. It's not like R18 back in the day but it has some companies I fuck with.