Sleep paralysis

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

did you ever had sleep paralysis?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
Do you have it?

What's Sleep Paralysis?
basically you fall asleep and you still conscious of your surroundings, you can hear, you can see, you can feel, but you can not move or talk, some times you can see things that aren't there

SecretPal

Beyond Redemption
Apr 2, 2009
Yes...but I stopped doing that shit and dried out.
Try Lexapro* and go to sleep before you are too tired...get off the computer.

Worse: Nocturnal seizures. You see but you cannot breathe and your body is exhausted from spasms. You are suffocating....bite your tongue....blood pours into your throat. Controlled by medication....mostly.

*Beware of certain sexual side effects.

taragang_saru

Jul 15, 2010
Sleep paralysis happened to me so many times that I've gotten used to it already. I experienced it mostly when I'm super duper tired and lying straight on my back.

some times you can see things that aren't there.

This never happen though.

anigu

Game Maker
Jul 15, 2012
I don't think I have ever experienced this before. Well, I heard this phenomenon had been scientifically explained already and yep, there's no such thing as a shadow sitting beside you.

TravelingWind

That Bastard
Jun 27, 2012
I don't think I have ever experienced this before. Well, I heard this phenomenon had been scientifically explained already and yep, there's no such thing as a shadow sitting beside you.

I concur ,as you've never experienced it. The mind isn't as simple as modern "science" portrays ,to really understand it you have to think on a larger scale ala quantum physics. Perhaps the shadow is part of the human condition? As your body is laying there paralyzed you may be viewing yourself from a higher or an alternate form of consciousness

SecretPal

Beyond Redemption
Apr 2, 2009

There has been a rise in the number of individuals experiencing the "shadow people" phenomenon. I looked this up because three months ago, a back lit (shadow) person walked through my hallway, stopped to look at me, then turned away. I was fully lucent, not on medication, not sleepy or dreaming. It was totally real....and weird.
:dizzy:

taragang_saru

Jul 15, 2010
I recall watching a documentary about sleep paralysis a while back.Among the things discussed that is the "shadows" or "entities" that the sufferers see during this stage depends on the culture.You see,different cultures have different interpretations about sleep paralysis.This in turn affects the hallucination of the sufferer.This ranges from ghost encounters,being chained to the bed,being pressed with something heavy and even alien abductions.
:curse:

I've experience sleep paralysis many times before but never encountered anything.Some of my friends,however recall seeing shadows running around the room and at the most extreme,a pale woman with no face lying on top of him.And I thought the paralyzed part was scary enough...
:exhausted:

SecretPal

Beyond Redemption
Apr 2, 2009
at the most extreme,a pale woman with no face lying on top of him.And I thought the paralyzed part was scary enough...
:exhausted:

I've had seizures with similar effect. No alien abductions though...my insurance doesn't cover it.
I also woke up with that same pale woman after being up 36 hours straight during Mardi Gras. I asked if I was dead. She replied, "Not as long as I get my $80 bucks."

View attachment 639096

echelon8

Apr 4, 2007
I've had it since i was a kid, very scary at times, I've seen small green people, shadow like people and once a man with a bulls head hooved feet spoke to me..

I'm guessing i wasn't suppose to see him, and when he saw i was watching.. he said "SHIT"... if you've had it happen often you feel something is holding you down, you can see and speak to people example I once told my mom who was walking past to please wake me up... she later said she thought i was talking in my sleep.

My boss at work thinks that demons are trying to posses you...

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
Had it this morning, actually... I try hard not to sleep on my back as it increases snoring and shit like this, but obviously failed this time. I'm so used to it I barely panic anymore and just kinda sigh in my head and prepare the waking technique to snap out of it.
Did have the scary shit happen about ten years back now with the woman on my chest.

SecretPal

Beyond Redemption
Apr 2, 2009
Had it this morning, actually... I try hard not to sleep on my back as it increases snoring and shit like this, but obviously failed this time. I'm so used to it I barely panic anymore and just kinda sigh in my head and prepare the waking technique to snap out of it.
Did have the scary shit happen about ten years back now with the woman on my chest.

Might consider the possibility of sleep apnea. If you cut your oxygen off, you could encourage seizures, heart attacks, or just brain damage ... (like me.)
-- Dr. SecretPal, Akiba Physician

kraidazen

Death Emperor
Feb 12, 2009
i had it a few days ago. i panicked and tried screaming only to hear myself do an unearthly moan :scared:

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
I don`t have it. Well,you better not talk about it on here,someone might r*** you guys while it attacks :pandalaugh: