Site incredibly slow?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

mojo

Feb 11, 2007
Is it me or is the site incredibly slow over the last few days? Pages take 5 minutes or more to load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
No, the site became slow early after the "relaunch". It starts at 12 am GMT during the week. And on weekends it is slow all the time. One of the mods wrote that the hits increased a lot. But sometimes I'm wondering who produces all theses hits. At least in the JAV related sections there are not more posts than before. But maybe all of these people are only accessing AO because of the download and torrent sections. Who knows...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Not much they can do, unless chompy is making enough money from here to move it to a faster server. My advice, if you see that there are more than 3500 visitors total at this forum....you might want to come back later. There is usually a ten to twelve hour window when this site slows down to between 3000-1200 visitors but when that is depends on your timezone so you will have to figure that our for yourselves.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Is it me or is the site incredibly slow over the last few days? Pages take 5 minutes or more to load.

No it is not just you, OT os real slow for me to.

They is not alot we can do about it because we don't have anyone that can fix it.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007

No it is not just you, OT os real slow for me to.

They is not alot we can do about it because we don't have anyone that can fix it.

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
what could be the reason for this? in the old forum we had many people online but it wasn't that slow
could be the one thread per title rule? many users opening every new thread trying to catchup the the daily updates instead of checking some few megathreads as before.
today there is more page loadings per user than before

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
what could be the reason for this? in the old forum we had many people online but it wasn't that slow
could be the one thread per title rule? many users opening every new thread trying to catchup the the daily updates instead of checking some few megathreads as before.
today there is more page loadings per user than before

The old server optimized and almost everything you seen was cached

Reactions: 2 people

philipsr

Akiba Citizen
Aug 13, 2010
I recommend use multiple servers for Akiba-online. Adding the secondary server may enough for a vbulletin site which has the current maximum traffic approximately 3500 visitors.

peterinva

Sep 5, 2009
I give up :goodnight:
Will check back sometimes to see if things get better.... faster, that is. Take care everyone :hearts:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I recommend use multiple servers for Akiba-online. Adding the secondary server may enough for a vbulletin site which has the current maximum traffic approximately 3500 visitors.

Does vBulletin support clustering? :huh:

It seems that there are some web accelerators out there which work well with vBulletin. And a few guys seems to run vBulletin in a cluster - which is not really my definition of a cluster: They just have the static files (maybe the attachments) on one server, the database on one server and the web server including php and vBulletin on one server. If the load is evenly distributed between these so you will gain speed. But if the most work is on one of them you won't gain anything.

But I also read that in some cases (but not in all cases) simply a bigger server solves the problem - or more memory - or faster HDDs (e.g. RAID 10 instead of RAID 1).

In any case it is always connected to money, unfortunately...

dent80

Jun 14, 2008
I am experiencing these slowdown issues for about 3 weeks now. Browsing the site while being so slow is really time consuming, so I'll wait until things get better.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
at the moment there is only nearly 4000 online, but it is weekend and it seems slower at weekend, it seems to be a server problem

columbussnake

Jan 10, 2009
It has been very ... very ... slow.
But for me today ... it's great.
Fast like in the old days.

Have Fun!

:pandalaugh: :tea:

peterinva

Sep 5, 2009
Wow.... feel like I'm back in the good ol' days :)
Thank you akiba-online for improving the navigation speed :punchp2: