Sharing links from other forums

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jjjjeczalik

Where are you, Miho =(
Mar 9, 2009
Twice in the past week, I found dead links for DVD rips here on AO, posted re-up requests in the request section, and then (later on) found working links on a different host at another site (J-Addicted). I hate to then have something which other AO members don't have due to the dead links. My question is whether it is okay to post in the thread with the dead links a link to the J-Addicted page where I found the working links? Otherwise, I would have to download someone else's archive and re-upload it as my own, and post new links, which seems sort of like ripping off the original uploader, if you know what I mean. So I'd rather just post the link to the other forum, but I am not clear on whether that's within the rules here or not.

Jul 1, 2009
Otherwise, I would have to download someone else's archive and re-upload it as my own, and post new links, which seems sort of like ripping off the original uploader, if you know what I mean.

Posting the other person's links is more of the ripoff, IMO. What if the links go dead because you posted them here? Admittedly, people who get download rewards probably don't care about their links being spread around... :scared:

You should reupload because it's your post and the work therein should be your own. You don't want the person in question to show up here and cuss you out.

Having more links increases the chance people can get the file. Sometimes I search for something in Google, and all I can find are the same links a bunch of people copied from place to place that are now dead. Not one person could be bothered to upload independently, and now the file is gone (at least to public searches).

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
it is okay to post in the thread with the dead links a link to the J-Addicted page where I found the working links?
It's better if you post the DDL links directly, with an optional backlink to the J-Addicted page, if you feel like it. The staff here tends to delete DDL posts that only contain links to blogs because it's spammy behaviour.

By the way, there's nothing "ripoff" about posting someone else's DDL links. You're doing them a favor by sending them more traffic and increasing their payout.