Searching JAV product code doesn't work?

retrobabe

Jun 24, 2009
I used to find titles easily by searching their product codes like vspds-123, ndht-123 etc...

Today I was looking for EVO-111 and keyed it in via search, advanced search etc... in caps and also small letters, but there were no results.

I manually looked through the forums and found the post though :-
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/s...ight=働くオンナ

Am I doing it wrong?

I can't search for "EVO" and "111" separately either, because they are too short.

I also found the same problem searching for RCT-174, which showed no results. But I found in the Request JAV forum a topic for RCT-174.

Thanks for any help.

retrobabe

Jun 24, 2009
Yeah, it used to be able to search numbers with the dash in it.. but doesn't seem to work now.

Without the dash is fine, but sometimes people do post with the dash, as it is the official code on the cover/box.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The site-search has its drawbacks. Anything under four characters long is not indexed. RCT-174 counts as two 3 letter strings as the character '-' is not indexed at all. This is mainly for performance reasons.

The site is extensively indexed by google though and their search is much more permissive.

http://www.google.com/search?q=RCT-174+site:akiba-online.com

retrobabe

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks chompy for the clarification.

Perhaps you can add a Google search under the Search button? I've seen this on other Vbulletin-type forums.

Not an issue for me to do it manually in Google itself, but was just suggesting a possible smoother experience for forum users.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
RCT-174 counts as two 3 letter strings as the character '-' is not indexed at all. This is mainly for performance reasons.
I post threads with the product code as one word without the dash. I know it's not the "official" code per se, but in my experience I have found it illicits more hits and thus makes searching easier.