Search help

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Hi guys

Please excuse my denseness but would someone please help me understand the search function?

If I do a search for "dvd_kiri01" I get 1 result, but when I search for "dvd_kiri" I get 0 results.

It's annoying because I was hoping to get 6 results from "dvd_kiri" since in this thread contains the following text:

Code:
 20M dvd_kiri01.zip
 16M dvd_kiri02.zip
 17M dvd_kiri03.zip
 15M dvd_kiri04.zip
 17M dvd_kiri05.zip
 13M dvd_kiri06.zip

Probably obvious, but my google-fu is weak (according to chompy)

:miserable:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
the search engine isn´t able to find phrases which are too common or too short, you´ll get a message about that problem when trying, I´ve run into this problem often enough.

Your request is split by the search engine into "DVD" [too common and too short] and "kiri", which I think is too short too and becomes a problem as mentioned....

"kiri01" is longer and more explicit though...

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks redrooster

So I can't force the engine to search for the entire phrase "dvd_kiri"?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Thanks redrooster

So I can't force the engine to search for the entire phrase "dvd_kiri"?

just try to remember the name of the thread or try to remember a text passage in the thread, you just have to use own ideas to fight this search engine problem...

At last I´ve always found what I wanted, but it often was not really easy though.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
just tried to use kiri* (just a wildcard u can use in Windows), but the result only was this thread...

kiri0*.zip however didn´t show any result, so wildcards don´t work...

But "kiri zip" works and shows a lot of results, just to show how I would try to handle it piece by piece...

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192565&postcount=11