Search help

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Hi guys

Please excuse my denseness but would someone please help me understand the search function?

If I do a search for "dvd_kiri01" I get 1 result, but when I search for "dvd_kiri" I get 0 results.

It's annoying because I was hoping to get 6 results from "dvd_kiri" since in this thread contains the following text:

Code:
 20M dvd_kiri01.zip
 16M dvd_kiri02.zip
 17M dvd_kiri03.zip
 15M dvd_kiri04.zip
 17M dvd_kiri05.zip
 13M dvd_kiri06.zip

Probably obvious, but my google-fu is weak (according to chompy)

:miserable:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
the search engine isn´t able to find phrases which are too common or too short, you´ll get a message about that problem when trying, I´ve run into this problem often enough.

Your request is split by the search engine into "DVD" [too common and too short] and "kiri", which I think is too short too and becomes a problem as mentioned....

"kiri01" is longer and more explicit though...

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks redrooster

So I can't force the engine to search for the entire phrase "dvd_kiri"?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Thanks redrooster

So I can't force the engine to search for the entire phrase "dvd_kiri"?

just try to remember the name of the thread or try to remember a text passage in the thread, you just have to use own ideas to fight this search engine problem...

At last I´ve always found what I wanted, but it often was not really easy though.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
just tried to use kiri* (just a wildcard u can use in Windows), but the result only was this thread...

kiri0*.zip however didn´t show any result, so wildcards don´t work...

But "kiri zip" works and shows a lot of results, just to show how I would try to handle it piece by piece...

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192565&postcount=11