saddest anime scene(s)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gystara

May 5, 2007
Kyoto Animation's Kanon, at the end of Makoto's arc.
Probably remembered it better since it was recent.
AIR was pretty sad too. =/

kryu

Feb 12, 2007
i'd say the whole kimi ga nozomu eien. Sad anime....

yup, KimiNozo is one hell of a sad anime...

i was gonna cry when Shinja banged Misuki behind Taka's back
i MEAN that is some SAD shit...both for Taka and Misuki

Shinji IS Taka's best friend
Misuki IS Taka's one and only TRUE love
Shinji ALREADY got a girlfriend at that point

and despite of THAT, Shinja voliates Misuki DURING the couples toughest time.

when i was WATCHING that crap, it made me at the verge of crying,
feeling sorry for Taka & Misuki, and Shinji being a fucking fag

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
mine are the last scenes from Rurouni Kenshin- betrayl ova when Kenshin kills tomoe and also in the Rurouni Kenshin 3rd ova when Kenshin dies in kaoru`s hands

those ova`s made me cry like a little girl :runintears::shy:

a and most of the scenes form elfen lied (little girls dieing or geting legs/hands choped of made me very sad alos cry but it was also disterving :sick: )

GoldenredDragon

May 2, 2007
Elfen Lied, episode dedicated to the orphan's parents. (totally forgot the names... :defeat: )
Mai HiME's last two episodes.
Mai Otome when Erstin gets killed, and last episode.
Claymore episode 8, from the moment where she... *Spoiler unsaid* :hope: (episode out wednesday...)
and when I was quite a lot younger, Pokemon season one, when pikachu leaves sasha... It was terrible! :innocence:

Itsuki016

May 29, 2007
4 me too the whole Kimi ga Nozomu Eien series :cry:
FMA Ed killings his mom
Elfenlied end episode :hope:

DDragon88

Jun 6, 2007
I haven't read all the post but I would have to say Saikano is one the top anime that has sad scenes in them. You should watch it to see what I mean if you have'nt yet.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
The end of Texhnolyze was really sad and depressing, poor Ran:why2:

Ok I didnt cry but I was a bit shocked.

WiShBlue

Crying Devil
Jun 16, 2007
Misuzu's dying scene, AIR, Ayu's disappearing scene, Kanon, Chise on the gazebo with the boy(name forgotten....)
BTW Chrno Crusade's ED is really good for sleeping:perfectplan:

Dmitri

LOLIPLZ
Apr 5, 2007
Shuffle. :bow-pray:

1173542267512tg1.jpg

FlashSwordIrene

Oct 4, 2007
Here is the top 5 anime (eps) that made me cry :D

1)Ah My Goddess OVA 5: (where the almighty told belldandy she had to return and was forced to seal off keichii's memories of her or she would be killed, and she cried begging the almighty to let her leave one momento of her for him *this was the sweater she had knitted for him*)

2)Witchblade final episode: where Masane died in front of her daughter

3)To Heart Remember My Memories: Multi's shutdown

4)Green Green: Midori Chitose's farewell & promise to meet again to Yuusuke Takazaki

5)Fate/Stay Night: Saber's death

ReiRei0

Mar 21, 2007
Near the end of Koi Kaze (an exceptionally sad, but also exceptionally well-written anime), when Nanoka and Koshiro are on the wharf after visiting their mother and she asks: "Are we going to commit suicide now?" Horrible and sad...

The last five minutes of the Sailor Moon R movie - I know it's kitschey and overwrought and overlong, but it never fails to make me cry.

Seeing the simple inscription Reinhard put on Siegfried Kircheis' grave.

KimiBozo didn't make me sad as much as it made me angry. Takayuki is a self-absorbed, insensitive loser, so of course beautiful women are lined up around the block to throw themselves at him.

indreamsiwalk

with you...
Apr 8, 2007
Graveyard of the Fireflies (蛍の墓), pretty much from beginning to end. It's the Schindler's List of anime.

Seeboll

Sep 17, 2007
Graveyard of the Fireflies (蛍の墓), pretty much from beginning to end. It's the Schindler's List of anime.

So right you are. Nonstop sadness. I don't see my self as a person
who cries easily, but man o man did Graveyard of the Fireflies get me good.
I downloaded the soundtrack but couldn't listen to it because of all the
images that popped up in my head.

-------If you haven't seen the anime Touch (which you then should do!) watch out for the SPOIL if you like ------

One of the most shocking and sad events I can
think of right now is from the anime Touch when Kazuya dies in a car accident.

D.W.

The Heavy Metal Engineer
Dec 11, 2007
Graveyard of fireflies is awesome! I love how that girl died If I had the anime I would make a youtube poop out of it. Was soo funny how millions viewed that anime as a sad movie, when millions of other REAL PEOPLE died out in the real world oh but they don't live in japan and in that era so I guess I would understand on why it was nonstop sadness. Like watching the history of emo.

My saddness in anime well let's see when a series starts and never ends until I like it.

Becks

The Beck's Experience ...
Jan 4, 2008
ya i saw touch some time ago, nothin to say except ur so right @Seeboll
i have another one, cant remember if my eyes were watery or not though.
bokurano, especially the scene after their first fight, left a deep impression on me.

Roronoa Zoro

Feb 3, 2008
The first time I watched FMA, the 'Cry Of The Chimera' (7th) episode just went by and made me sad. I'm watching the series once more and when I came up to the episode, I almost didn't want to watch it because it was so depressing. It was sorta unbearable, and eventually landed up shedding a tear.

Then - Episode 25 - Farewell Ceremony: "why, why are they burying daddy? daddy's got work to do and he cant do it if they cover him up...daddy has work to do he told me so...why are they burying daddy, why are they burying daddy?" - roughly, that's what his daughter says ... I'm dreading getting to this episode on the re-watch ...

Chobits and Wolf's Rain, which again played with my heart.

Gungrave had many moments for me ... towards the end - talking of the part where Brandon protects Harry and is on the floor ... when Harry asks why he protected him after all the pain he'ad caused ... and Brandon says "Because I couldn't harm you" or something in that effect (can't remember the exact dialogue)

One Piece has it's own share with the dog ChuChu ... then when Sanji's just about to leave the floating restaurant with Luffy, and at that moment, the old man says "Sanji, don't get a cold..." ... I think I broke down the same time as Sanji did >_> ...

The start of Blood+ when George told Saya to kill him using her blood ... that was just awful ... and then at the end, just when Haji confesses his love for Saya and dies protecting her ... made me feel miserable to say the least.