Mature Samurai Anime

calientenueve

Oct 18, 2009
I need some suggestions and opinions...

I'm looking for a Anime series' that's similar to Shigurui or the OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin. I basically need mature samurai anime. I just need the titles and if you have the location on where I can download them, that would be even better. Please help. Thanks in advance!

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
Afro Samurai got gore, quite good.

I remember another old anime that i have watched, Samurai 7.

Both have some mecha, so its not the usual samurai anime.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I would advise against watching the anime because it sucks but if you must then please read the manga first.

snusnusurvivor

25 star General
Jan 2, 2010
Been hearing good reviews about Sword of the Stranger (movie). Haven't watched it though. Will check out Blade of the Immortal- ppl say it's one of the best manga ever.

calientenueve

Oct 18, 2009
Been hearing good reviews about Sword of the Stranger (movie). Haven't watched it though. Will check out Blade of the Immortal- ppl say it's one of the best manga ever.

I actually grabbed a copy of that yesterday and I was surprised on how good it was. Any more bloody samurai anime with a touch of nudity (no hentai stuff) out there? I love the Feudal Japan Era!

Mushibito

Sep 19, 2009
Hmmm... people already listed the ecentials but here are a few: Tenjo Tenga, Gintama, and Peacemaker Kurogane.