saddest anime scene(s)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
While studying differential equations and listening to music, a track came on that brought back a recollection of a moving scene in an anime series. That track was the OP for Chrno Crusade.

The scene in Chrno Crusade that made me shed a tear is when Rosette and Chrno are sitting on the front porch at the very last episode iirc.

Another scene is from Dragon Ball Z, believe it or not. It's when Goku dies when fighting Cell. Mind you, dbz was one of the very first anime series I watched back in my high school days.

So what anime scene(s) have made you cry?

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
Actually no anime scene has managed to make me cry yet :ridiculed: but i have been "teary eyed" in most sad scenes.

Alright just a warning - spoiler for D-gray man arystar part and Full Metal Alchemst

The scene where Edward and Al discover that Nina has been turned into a chimera by her father was by far the saddest scene i have ever seen :cry: , oh and when Ed had to kill their mom ( Sloth ) too. As for the scene where Arystar holds the dying Eliade in his arms, it comes really close since i just saw it not that long ago.

spore

Mar 16, 2007
Th ending of Elfenlied, where Lucy gets shot. It was one of the most painful moments I've ever seen in an anime. At least it was for me...

Maximus_Ahriman

glasses...
Dec 23, 2006
The saddest scenes that really affected me were from Grave of Fireflies and the Kenshin OVA's and Wolfs Rain. These are all on my top anime list. I really like sad animes its good to see other people in worse situations than you. The animes that really make me sad are the ones where everyone is happy... :...:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Oh yea, that part in FMA about Nina was just heartwrenching. I know there's more but my memory blows.

legacydraco

Mar 20, 2007
AIR TV >_> it was pretty damn heart-wrenching during the last half of the serie

then when Misuzu die in her mother's arm >_> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

can't tell whether I'm relief or not taht old HDD died and take down AIR TV along with it(+ Shana, Elfen Lied, and other animes I had)

finalending

Mar 24, 2007
season 2 of rozen maiden where hina ichigo was dying. she was such a cute yet annoying character but her death scene was...very noble. didnt cry but that was sad.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
season 2 of rozen maiden where hina ichigo was dying. she was such a cute yet annoying character but her death scene was...very noble. didnt cry but that was sad.

yeah that was quite sad, that made me not look forward to a season 3 cause a new season w/o hina ichigo just doesn't seem that fun

JimBond007

Somewhere in the world...
Dec 19, 2006
The two last episodes of Cowboy Bebop
The end of Chrno Crusade
The end of AIR
The end of Wolf's Rain (the 4 "OAVs)
The end of Kenshin First OAVs when the girl died (don't remember her name)
and the end of the second episode of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, when Haruka Suzumiya have a car accident. I thought OMG "she's dead" and I wanted to watch the next episode.

I'm sure I forgot some others sad scenes :abandoned2:

kamikaze87

Mar 6, 2007
I would have to say the last few episodes of the first negima series. Why oh WHY did you take her nooooooo!! :runintears: :cry: I was definitely teary eyed

starcaptor

Jan 13, 2007
So many sad scenes, hard to pick...

However, the scene from Fushigi Yuugi TV series sticks out the most for me, when Tamahome goes back to his village and sees the carnage...

"Yuiren was a good girl..."

And Nuriko holding him back from going Super Saiyan 3 mode :miserable:

And then when Miaka goes to see how he is doing later on, and you just see him stacking the rocks, and all you see is this really detailed face of angst, despair, and tears.

Soooooooo sad.

When I saw that scene, I was his so hard that -I- wanted to kick Suboshi's ass too.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
oh yeah i totally forgot that ! i just saw season 1 of fushigi again and it ended before that episode. that scene ( or entire episode ) was just too sad that my brain probably erased it from my memory :sick: the one where Nuriko and Chirico dies were quite sad too...too many characters were killed in this anime

ChapteR_BlacK

Mar 29, 2007
In FMA when they were at Maes funeral and his daughter started crying saying dont bury daddy he still has work to do made me a little misty eyed.

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It was sad like throughout. (Great anime, I recommend it to everybody who likes a good story.)

Opera

Rex Irae
Mar 21, 2007
The end of Kenshin First OAVs when the girl died (don't remember her name)
Tomoe. Me too, but I must say the OAV is sad all along. Some scenes of Haibane Renmei and Wolf's Rain too, and graves of the fireflies. Find all of these sad but have never been affected nor dropped a tear because of an anime, maybe I've listened too much to "boys don't cry" or I'm an insensible bastard...

JimBond007

Somewhere in the world...
Dec 19, 2006
ha yes it's Tomoe ^^
Haibane Renmei was sad too but I didn't cry for this anime :crazed:
Graves of the fireflies, yep agree T_T . How can I forgot this movie by Ghibli ?????
I remember when I first watched this movie with my brother and sister. We all cried. It was impossible to not cry :(

Nilo

Apr 3, 2007
Wow no one mentioned where Wolfwood dies in Trigun. Maes was sad as hell. Nina was even worse.Frys dog(see Futurama(not animu)) has got to be the saddest ending evar.

:donotwant: :nooo:

shujin

Thats Dr. Shujin to you..
Nov 29, 2006
I think we're forgetting Saikano.

When the world is ending and the Shuji's parents embrace one last time

:why:

Valkyrie

Mar 12, 2007
I would say when in blue gender when poor Yun is killed by a blue despite Yugi trying to save her. Almost made me cry, heart breaking.