Saaya Irie 入江紗綾

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
what was special about this?
Judging by the description, it was only distributed to people who attended an event, probably one of those handshake/photo op/autograph events. Judging by the fact it also says it’s a DVD-R disc, they may have been burned right there at the event so that they didn’t make any more than they needed to, thus increasing its rarity. Burned discs also have a shorter data life than traditionally stamped discs (as I recall, it’s due to the fact that the adhesive in the disc eventually reverts to its “blank” status), so at some point these will no longer work.

As for its content, that’s up for debate. It probably at least contains a message from Saaya thanking the recipient for attending, but beyond that, who knows? Maybe some exclusive gravure, or exclusive behind-the-scenes photoshoot footage. The disc artwork may or may not provide a clue (DVD covers are not always indicative of video content; I know this firsthand).

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I have to say just over $290 is a lot
I did not use the translate page as it done a poor job, what else is there apart from DVD, signed photos T-Shirt or anything?

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
I have to say just over $290 is a lot
I did not use the translate page as it done a poor job, what else is there apart from DVD, signed photos T-Shirt or anything?
The DVD is the only thing in either of those listings. That doesn’t mean there was nothing else distributed at the event, though.

The Mercari listing’s description is mostly a copy-paste of the Suruga-ya description, except with an added sentence about the disc being somewhat dirty (though it claims not to affect playback).

Reactions: CoolKevin

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Going by her Twitter, it seems that the photobook, etc. has been delayed by the pandemic.
I assume they already took this into consideration. This was all announced well into the pandemic. And I don’t know what it’s like in Japan, but where I live, the pandemic’s practically over. I don’t know whether it’s the high vaccination rates or the Fauci emails…

Oud Jacoby

Dec 2, 2019
I assume they already took this into consideration. This was all announced well into the pandemic. And I don’t know what it’s like in Japan, but where I live, the pandemic’s practically over. I don’t know whether it’s the high vaccination rates or the Fauci emails…
She referred directly to the ongoing state of emergency in Japan. I think it's interfering with her ability to travel.

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Question: she has a photobook from 2010 called さあや11歳の伝説, featuring previously unreleased material from when she was much younger. It includes a DVD. Are the disc's contents the same as COIN-002? The photobook uses the same cover photo. The photobook and its DVD insert are so poorly documented, I can't even find a source on how long the video is. The best I can find is this photo of the disc, and I can't make out a runtime or DVD code. I'm not really interested in her junior stuff, but the lack of info is frustrating. She deserves to have her entire career properly documented.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: granatnik

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
Here's another insert DVD mystery: Suruga-ya has two different entries for the insert DVD from the Sabra DVD Mook Innocent Girl Saaya by itself (just for the disc without the mook): this one and this one. They have two different disc label designs. The one I have is the first one with the plain teal color and white text. I got it still sealed in the mook. Why is there another design? Was it reissued under different circumstances, or is there some kind of difference in content?

azali201

May 16, 2007
anyone knows whats with the contents of her new projects saaya_select and elu.jp, coz most of it are blurr photos...