Saaya Irie (入江紗綾)

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
what was special about this?
Judging by the description, it was only distributed to people who attended an event, probably one of those handshake/photo op/autograph events. Judging by the fact it also says it’s a DVD-R disc, they may have been burned right there at the event so that they didn’t make any more than they needed to, thus increasing its rarity. Burned discs also have a shorter data life than traditionally stamped discs (as I recall, it’s due to the fact that the adhesive in the disc eventually reverts to its “blank” status), so at some point these will no longer work.

As for its content, that’s up for debate. It probably at least contains a message from Saaya thanking the recipient for attending, but beyond that, who knows? Maybe some exclusive gravure, or exclusive behind-the-scenes photoshoot footage. The disc artwork may or may not provide a clue (DVD covers are not always indicative of video content; I know this firsthand).

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
I found that event-exclusive DVD for cheaper:
https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m96092666127/

It would be nice if there was crowdfunding interest in this, if for nothing but preservation. Like a bunch of people contributing $25 each.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I have to say just over $290 is a lot
I did not use the translate page as it done a poor job, what else is there apart from DVD, signed photos T-Shirt or anything?

Stooky Bill

Nov 3, 2015
I have to say just over $290 is a lot
I did not use the translate page as it done a poor job, what else is there apart from DVD, signed photos T-Shirt or anything?
The DVD is the only thing in either of those listings. That doesn’t mean there was nothing else distributed at the event, though.

The Mercari listing’s description is mostly a copy-paste of the Suruga-ya description, except with an added sentence about the disc being somewhat dirty (though it claims not to affect playback).

Reactions: CoolKevin