Request+Trade section

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

torenz

Tegumi
Jun 22, 2012
Is it me or does Request+Trade section appears to be neglected?
The majority of its posts appeared to end with 0 post. We often see threads with bump post. And no indication whether the request was fulfilled or not.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
This sort if indicator would also be nice for the identification forums. And if you would be able to filter the threads (or post in such threads) by that indicator it would be really great.

Reactions: 2 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Is it me or does Request+Trade section appears to be neglected?
The majority of its posts appeared to end with 0 post. We often see threads with bump post. And no indication whether the request was fulfilled or not.

I make a habit of looking at the request threads and if it is a topic I might be able to help in I try to help. If I can, I reply in that thread.

The truth is, however, that the Request section appears neglected because few people actually give a shit. That may seem harsh and it is but it is also accurate. Members here just don't take the time to care. You or I could debate the reasons for this attitude but that will not change a damn thing.

A forum is what its' members make of it. Moderators and Administrators can only provide the framework, guidance and enforce the rules that they set. The rest is up to us. If you want more activity in the Request and Trade section....then be more active in that section. It may not seem like much but that is the only answer there is.

little ripples make big waves

Reactions: 3 people

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Ceewan pretty much nailed it. More users than not are simply generic leeches that have no ability or desire to actually post a requested item. There was a time when I did more than my fair share maintaining the request forums, however time is what is most important when it comes to forum maintenance. The [RF] tag that I and only a few others use is an indicator that a request has been filled.

Reactions: 3 people

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I've recently tried my hand at helping with requests. And I've tried to have requesters actually do something in the community to earn things. Right or wrong, I feel it gives at least a push to do things other than want and ask and expect. True to form, though, the ones I've asked to contribute so far haven't. No downloads for them. :fingerno:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I've recently tried my hand at helping with requests. And I've tried to have requesters actually do something in the community to earn things. Right or wrong, I feel it gives at least a push to do things other than want and ask and expect.

We all respond as we see fit. That being said I would like to voice my opinion about the "Right or wrong" in your comment:

Giving is not about receiving in return. That would be exchanging, or charging for services rendered. Filesharing is a form of giving. We do not do this to set an example, (although that may be a side effect), we do this because sharing what we have with others is the epitome of humanity and our heart tells us this is so. That is the right and wrong of it.

Of course we each must walk our own paths and I am no saint myself. The truth should be said though.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Ceewan, my intent is not malicious. At least in my eyes it isn't. There are those here who have been members for a long time but only ask for things. All I ask of them is to see if they can help others in any way. Sure, I can just say Here is the file you want. But I want them to become a part of this community.

Reactions: 1 person

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Ceewan, my intent is not malicious.

You are missing the point. I never meant to imply that your intent was malicious. I am just saying share with others because that is what you want to do or you are missing the whole point of filesharing. You can freely choose not to do so, you have that right and so does everyone else. A person must have the desire to share, it cannot, (and probably should not), be extracted or coerced from them. In sentiment I agree with you, I want more people to be an active part of Akiba-Online to. If you want to encourage others or newbies than do just that, encourage. Make a point to thank new posters, greet people in the Lounge (I haven't even been doing that but it makes others feel welcome), be nice to other members and ignore annoying ones (that is sooo hard to do).

Don't make this a thing bro. No insult or slight was intended, even if it did seem that there was. I just have strong feelings on this matter and wanted to share it.

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas,

Ceewan

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Don't make this a thing bro. No insult or slight was intended, even if it did seem that there was. I just have strong feelings on this matter and wanted to share it.

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas,

Ceewan

:bigthumbs:

No thing. I guess I did miss your point. And you're right. I'll wait for these guys a bit more. If they interact with others like I suggested, cool. If not I'll just feed the leech in them. I respect how you feel about sharing. There are many views of it. In my opinion those who post title after title after title are not so much sharing as they are doing it for other reasons. Nice to have them available, but they are just throwing up things in hopes of some downloads. Meh...it's a living, I guess. Feeds the machine.

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas to you, too, my friend.

Reactions: 1 person