Request thread disappeared.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012

Welcome to the club, Fox 1710! I am here to corroborate that what has happened to your thread was not an isolated incident.

I am glad you decided to bring this up, because I have been in communication with a moderator over this issue, and judging by the time period that has passed since I last approached him, I think he may be too flummoxed to give a reply. Perhaps another will be better-in-the-know.

The first time I took note of this phenomenon was with this thread of mine in the "Request + Trade" section:

Title:
"Double"-CROSS with a mother and daughter

Link:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2257371#post2257371

The mod responded that the post had been hard deleted from the forum, adding he had no idea why. So I let it go as one of those things.

Yet the curious thing was that no rules had been broken, and it could not have been another explanation, that the older posts are done away with to make room for the new. For one thing, my post was not that old, and older posts still remained intact.

So why would it have been deleted? I reasoned, perhaps what occurred was one of those technical glitches. (Although the best clue thus far was that someone had "hard deleted" the post from the forum. Meaning, somebody went in there and deliberately got rid of it.)

So that was that, until I was giving someone a hand with his "Request + Trade" query. It was a new one, and the page was still open in my browser by the time I was ready to post my reply. When I finally responded hours later on March 1st, I got a "No Thread specified" message.

Title:
GXXD-88 Superheroine Domination Hell - Afrodite The Fighter of Love and Peace

Link:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1291398

I thought it odd that another mystery deletion would take place in the same "Request + Trade" department, so I got the bright notion to check two other threads of mine in that department, a few months old, and that I had bookmarked ... in order to check, periodically.

Title:
SACE-084 - Teacher, Bondage Cream Pie, with Ren Ayase

Link:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282853

Title:
Reunion With Homeroom Teacher Turns Into Assault By Former Students

Link:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2274221#post2274221

Not just one, but both had disappeared.

There was nothing offensive in any of these posts; all were normal, run-of-the-mill compositions describing the title, and request.

It appears to be too much of a coincidence for four posts in my direct experience to have been yanked, and now we have the one Fox 1710 reported. I hope an explanation may be offered.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hello. I create a request thread days ago and i can't find it. I like to know if it just vanished or was deleted. If was deleted by any admin, can I now the reason?

Google still finding the thread.

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2295733

If I brake some rules ou I'm posting in wrong forum, my apologies.

first can I ask, what was it about? is there a code, and was it in the right section, the link you supplied, I cannot access either :study:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
This is really strange that the link is dead, even the format:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2295733

does not work.

Posts always keep their identities, even if they are moved or soft deleted. The only possibility I see is that it was hard deleted, but we do it only for special cases (CP ewwww)

Thread links on the other hand can die, if they are merged with other threads (there can be only one lol).

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Hello, CK and EG14! Thank you for your responses, gentlemen.

Thread links on the other hand can die, if they are merged with other threads (there can be only one lol)

Far as we know, there have been no merges in any of these cases (I spot-checked one by title, at least, running a search - there is no sign of it).

Posts always keep their identities, even if they are moved or soft deleted. The only possibility I see is that it was hard deleted, but we do it only for special cases (CP ewwww)

I suppose this explanation may not technically apply, since we are talking about threads, and not posts; but it is not inconceivable - and as far as I can see, purposeful deletion can be the only explanation, other than that occasional technical glitch - and if this is what lies behind what has happened, the question becomes why would anyone have chosen to deliberately get rid of these non-offensive threads.

There is no way to get to the bottom of this one, then? Are there others on the crew who may be consulted?

Otherwise, we will have to assume the problem will keep occurring, at least in the Request + Trade section; given that at times significant work goes into putting up a thread, or even a post, that can lead to woe, heartbreak and sorrow.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Si, ElGringo14 - posts different than threads. I now noticed two of the four links I had provided for my vanished threads (above) has the word "post" in them, for some odd reason. I don't know why, because when I bookmarked my threads, they were for the threads, not for the individual posts within.

I just ran a general search for the one you had helpfully contributed to, "Reunion With Homeroom Teacher Turns Into Assault By Former Students"; the top Google listing leads to the ghost of what once was, and the link:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1279045

... Must be the pure one, containing only the word "thread."

...Leading to the dreaded "No Thread specified" page, as well. (Same page and message that we get from the previous link I had provided, which included the word "post.") End result? As you wrote, "Still doesn't explain what happened."

IdolFun, it was very impressive for you to have located Fox 1710's vanished thread in Googleusercontent.com's cache. Yet I would have been very interested to hear your theory regarding why his thread vamoosed from the Request + Trade section, along with the four other threads I have pointed to. After all, the bottom line is... Whass goin' on here?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
just a thought, you say you posted a few days ago, also on that day, the time on akiba had shifted by 1 hour :study:

or was it on the day we went down

Fox 1710

Aug 22, 2009
first can I ask, what was it about? is there a code, and was it in the right section, the link you supplied, I cannot access either :study:

It was about a film whose code is YNB-001. I have posted in the Request and Trade board and I have 1 reply in there. The reply have two links to Ryushare but it was necessary to have premium accounts to made the downloads.

Readind the forum rules I noticed that are forbidden link who ask for premium acconts. So I thanks the user and ask for a torrent or a valid link.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Indeed, Fox 1710, at this point Cool Kevin is much aware of the contents of your vanished thread - thanks to IdolFun's managing to dig up the thread from Google's cache. If IdolFun had put his mind to it, undoubtedly he would have also been able to snatch the other examples of vanishings. Yet other than for the fun of it (not to say digging up the contents may not be useful, for example if a member wishes to reconstruct a disappeared post again), such discoveries don't address the issue.

While Fox 1710 may have begun this thread, the issue has become larger than his individual work's disappearance. For example, if time changes or Akiba-Online's having briefly gone out of whack present clues, they would have nothing to do with the other threads that have disappeared. We are talking about a sizable number of threads that have gone up in smoke. We are aware of these five, but what about the ones we don't know? (It is reasonable to conclude there would be more.) This is a serious problem.

Unless the problem involves mysterious gremlins, the only explanation I can think of is that someone has deliberately polished these threads off. If so, who has made such a decision, and why? (Where is Agatha Christie, when you need her?) What is to stop such arbitrary deletions from taking place again?

In a case such as this, I would have hoped others on the team would be consulted, if the answers are beyond our helpful moderators who have been kind enough to respond so far.

ShinnAsuka

ガンダムSEED Destiny
Jan 7, 2013
The one and only thread that I created in the Request + Trade section has mysteriously vanished as well, and it was only a couple of days ago when I had it posted.

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing such a phenomenon! :surprised:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
The one and only thread that I created in the Request + Trade section has mysteriously vanished as well, and it was only a couple of days ago when I had it posted.

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing such a phenomenon! :surprised:

what post is missing, we need more details than my post is missing,

ShinnAsuka

ガンダムSEED Destiny
Jan 7, 2013
what post is missing, we need more details than my post is missing,

If you're referring to the topic of my thread, it's somewhere along the lines of: "[R+T] For all those azumi mizushima fans out there".
If you're asking for the details, I can only provide a vague description.
However, to locate my missing post isn't the purpose of my previous comment...I was simply trying to point out that multiple cases are present.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
If you're referring to the topic of my thread, it's somewhere along the lines of: "[R+T] For all those azumi mizushima fans out there".
If you're asking for the details, I can only provide a vague description.
However, to locate my missing post isn't the purpose of my previous comment...I was simply trying to point out that multiple cases are present.

this is more of a case why is it happening, because it should not,

and just in case, it was miss worded/spelt, or even got accidentally removed/moved,

and sorry I have no idea why,

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
I put this thread out of my mind as it looked like a lost cause, but I bumbled by the Request +Trade section earlier, and noticed a member (Bubble825) was looking for a movie; I thought I'd help out.

I looked around, and found a link for the movie he was looking for, and put up my post. While at the thread I noticed another super-moderator had a hand in this section years ago (Desioner), and noticed he was still active with Akiba-Online. I figured it wouldn't hurt to send him a note about the problem. Perhaps he will look into it, and contribute his insight here.

Luckily, I didn't shut off my computer or browser (with the window for my post still open) for the next few hours, and now I have noticed... Bubble825's thread has joined the list of disappearances. (Thankfully, I can send him the link to his movie via PM.)

The thread was entitled:

"request RBD004 鬼責め隷属美人妻 汚辱編 深田夏希"

It used to be located at:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2334367#post2334367

The thing of it is, there are members who put in thought and work into their threads and posts. (It certainly took me precious time to locate the download link for the sought-after movie.) If the perception of threads arbitrarily going up in a puff of smoke begins to take hold, the integrity of the site becomes threatened. I believe this is a serious problem, and if the answers are evasive for individuals, the time should come to bring in other teammates, to address what the heck is going on.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Thanks for your input. I don't mean to delve into the excruciating details, because the point is not to dig up Bubble825's thread; the point is to uncover why threads are amscraying, and to do something about correcting the situation.

But I never ran into the thread that Google's webcache has a record of. (It's a three-post thread; 1.Bubble825, 2.Bladeleon, 3.Bubble825.) This thread was entitled, "request RBD-004."

The thread I responded to was entitled "request RBD004 鬼責め隷属美人妻 汚辱編 深田夏希"; there was no other post on this second and different thread until I responded to it. The single post's content read: "looking for RBD-004 鬼責め隷属美人妻 汚辱編 深田夏希." (If one throws "looking for RBD-004" into Google, with the quotation marks, five entries show up. The one I am referring to may be seen, at this point, as the fourth and fifth listings.)

It appears then that two separate threads were created by Bubble825, requesting the same movie. I think the reason for the second thread (which was at the top of Request + Trade's list) was because Bubble825 discovered his first thread could no longer be found.

We can actually make an important conclusion: not just one, but both of these threads have disappeared.

Who knows how many others have gone bye-bye, as well.

I mentioned I had sent a note to Super-Moderator Desioner; could not others in charge be similarly contacted?

Maybe this is a sensitive issue, because the disappearing threads may only be affecting the Request + Trade section. If someone is deliberately axing the threads, as appears to be the best theory, then perhaps nobody else would wish to step on his toes.

When I visited the Request + Trade section yesterday, I noticed the second thread (under the "Sticky") was entitled "[RF]奥様の脱ぎたて汚パンティで手コキして下さい2(ARMD-943)." When I returned hours later (and discovered that the thread I had responded to was gone), I noticed that this second thread (which now has become the top thread) was answered by none other than Elgringo14 himself. That was so nice of him. He does this repeatedly, trying to assist others... in fact, he had helpfully responded to one of my R + T threads, before it was taken down.

Elgringo14 warned, "Grab it while it's still alive." He meant the link that was kindly provided by him. The rest of us may also construe that to mean the thread itself.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
It does seem weird that some threads are missing in action as it were. I would simply suggest that if and when this happens that you re-request. There are many a time when the server has a hiccup and things get double posted and or not posted. Of course it's a rare occasion but not impossible. While I don't stalk the request forums I do drop by on a monthly visit to check em out, edit a few that need it and what not. Thanks for bringing it to our attention fellas.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
It was most good-hearted of you to heed my S.O.S., Desioner; my profuse thanks.

You are absolutely right, things go wrong, and the occasional hiccup has to be tolerated. But this is more than that; it's systematic, and almost an epidemic. I just mentioned in my last post how Member Bubble825 almost certainly noticed the disappearance of his first post, and then posted the request again. In short order, that one also vamoosed.

That doesn't mean a re-post is guaranteed to follow suit in Here Today and Gone Tomorrow, but if one can no longer rely on one's work sticking around, then naturally the wasteful investment of time and effort becomes questioned.

To follow up on the compliment I gave Elgringo14 in my last post, I realized his good effort may go to waste as well, so I figured I should let the last one who hoped for the download be aware of his wish getting fulfilled. That member - At9413 - was very polite in dropping me a line of gratitude in turn, and in his letter he also let me know (that in the Request + Trade section):

"BTW I posted a request for LHJF-801 イヤらしいお母さんに脱ぎたてのパンティで手コキされた息子たち but was deleted, don't know why..."

The problem is analogous (of course, not in seriousness) to r*** statistics in the U.S. military. Only a handful of cases get reported, and then there is that huge number no one knows about.