ThThread creators should be able to delete thread

Nov 18, 2007
Is there a way of deleting a thread created by myself. I can see move and copy option but no delete. I ask because I posted what I thought was a new download only to find it under a different thread spelled slightly differently. Obviously these things happen now and again by mistake. it would be useful if the original creator of a thread could delete it rather than getting a mod to do it or risking a ban.

ryuuga

みうみうの恋人
Super Moderator
Apr 2, 2007
Sorry, the answer would be NO.

Members can delete their own posts, however, they cannot delete their own threads.

This is becoz when you delete the thread you created, that means the whole thread will gone, including other people's posts in that particular thread. That would be unfair to the other posters in that particular thread (especially to the contributors in the pic threads). Not to mention that it mess up the order in the forum.

Therefore, you would have no choice but to be careful when you are trying to create a thread. Do post in the correct section. Do check whether there's a duplication. Double posting is definitely not allowed in the forum. If you find out that you created the wrong thread accidently, then be sure to PM the mods asap. The mods are only persons who can remove your thread without touching the other people's posts (by seperating your posts from the thread).