Recommendations for sources, if they exist

GCar

Mar 12, 2010
Are there any places where one can purchase higher quality videos from, say, two decades ago?

I know that if the original was shot on older (SD/standard definition/640 x 480) equipment, the commercially available version is probably also SD. But was that always the case?

Are there online stores where one can get HD versions of some of the older videos from producers like Moodyz, Dogma, Million, Deeps, among others?

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: leproph

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
You're probably going to be reliant on compilation/omnibus releases or dedicated remasters. Even then it's doubtful the recording was ever made in HD.

It's highly unlikely there's much interest or profit in remastering or upscaling 480p recordings given the disposable and high turnover nature of the industry, at least by the manufacturers. That seems like the realm of fan projects. There are some unofficial upscales out in the wild of varying quality.

Bear in mind that Blu-ray did not release as a format until 2006 and took a while longer to become the dominant format so your HD (720p) and FHD (1080p) titles are going to be few and far between even 15 years ago.

GCar

Mar 12, 2010
Thank you for your reply. I was pretty sure that was going to be the case, but one can always hope that there might be an as yet unknown source.

Again, thanks.

hairy_bush

SLF Refugee
May 20, 2016
as a last resort you could just look on ebay or mercari or such a site and buy a LD player and find a source for JAV on LD. I remember them being better than VHS

Reactions: intrepid8