Rar extraction error's

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

moorglade

Sunset-Sky
Nov 1, 2007
I recently downloaded an avi that was split into 3 equal part rar files.After using the required password winrar begins extracting but stops around 65% and asked for part 4 which I've been assured ther isn't. Then when I hit cancel I get a CRC failed in the encrypted file on part 3 from winrar. Resulting in no file extraction. I tried the repair option in winrar but there is no recovery data in the rar's. I even tried using hj-join32 with the rar's before extraction. Can anybody suggest a fix for this situation or possibly a way of viewing the avi? Any help would be appreciated,thanks :bow-pray::bow-pray:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You most likely have an incomplete download resulting in a corrupted file and don't realize it. "Uploaders",(rapidshare,megaupload,depositshare,etc), are infamous for this. For some reason or another your uploadsession was interrupted at some point. It sounds as if the first file is okay, try downloading the second two again starting with part3,(just a guess there it could be part two that is corrupted).

After rereading your post it could also just be a password error, copy and paste it to a plain.txt file and see if it matches the password given, on some occasions an extra space before or after the password is accidently added by the original poster or perhaps your language settings are incorrecttly interpeting the data or even a special character is used,(or even being generated), in the pass that is giving you the trouble.

Whatever it is the solution should be simple.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
Believe me, you must be missing 4th part, and even more...
Show us the links on which webpage they came from, maybe we can get some clue...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
hmmm

Believe me, you must be missing 4th part, and even more...
Show us the links on which webpage they came from, maybe we can get some clue...

You could be right, CRC errors can be a little misleading and it really depends on whether the error actually occured after first file,(as I was guessing), or the third file. More information is always helpful.

moorglade

Sunset-Sky
Nov 1, 2007
Solution found and a thought

Thanks, for the help -found out it was missing the part 4. Still I,m curious that a vlc player can play a video right from an iso.rar file (a complete file),it just seems that it should be possible to play a even a partial set of rar files with or without extracting? :puzzled:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
probably not, it is possible to do a partial extraction from a damaged .rar file,(password protected split files not included), though I must admit I have forgotten that particular skill and would have to do research on it. But an .iso or any video file contains valuable information and using a compression such as winrar and then splitting it the chances of a player correctly rendering the file should lessen considerably. I have however succesfully played partial video files at 70 percent or more, (of course varying degrees of video damage should be expected if you do this).