R18 Prime Subscription

That.Guy

Apr 24, 2018
Has anyone here ever subscribed to the Prime R18? Does it grant download access to the videos? Or is it strictly streaming?

If downloading rights are permitted, how limited is it?

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Has anyone here ever subscribed to the Prime R18? Does it grant download access to the videos? Or is it strictly streaming?
If downloading rights are permitted, how limited is it?
Even if you could download the videos they're DRM protected and as far as I know that DRM hasn't been cracked so you can only view them in the designated player with your account credentials. While convenient for a quick fap for archival purposes DMM & R18 are my least recommended…

Reactions: paparoach408

That.Guy

Apr 24, 2018
I'm guessing the privilege to watch any downloaded videos comes to an end when the subscription ends as well?

What other service is recommended though? R18 seems to provide the most extensive collection of a any actress.

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
I'm guessing the privilege to watch any downloaded videos comes to an end when the subscription ends as well?

What other service is recommended though? R18 seems to provide the most extensive collection of a any actress.
Quite honestly use a screen grabber/recorder.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
R18 prime is streaming-only I believe and yes as others noted, all downloads from them have DRM.

Our site (see below)'s downloads are all DRM-free.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Even if you could download the videos they're DRM protected and as far as I know that DRM hasn't been cracked so you can only view them in the designated player with your account credentials. While convenient for a quick fap for archival purposes DMM & R18 are my least recommended…

With that kind of "service", honestly, it doesn't help to fight piracy because like many here, I like to keep the movies on my computer. I guess for people who don't care about the actresses and watch 10 secondes of all new movies of the week/day, it's worth it (if it gives you access to all movies on streaming). But let's say you want to watch the movie where you don't have an internet connection, you're screwed ! (I watch my movies in my bedroom and I don't have a Wi-Fi connection on my TV, as it's not a smart tv, just a 42" LCD TV).

That.Guy

Apr 24, 2018
Problem is, I can't seem to find any other site that has an extensive collection. I'm primarily looking for Haruka Sanada's entire works. From there, I was hoping to archive all her works in the best quality available.

And it seems that R18 prime provides some sort of download option next to streaming. Just curious as to how the download option works. Or I could be mistaken and the prime option only allows for streaming.

asterlong

Mar 3, 2018
No DRM removal tool can crack R18 yet?

there goes my wish list on R18 :(

is there any good replacement for "amateur" section?

ionmu

Fellatio, Irrumatio, Gokkun and Bukkake fan
Jun 21, 2008
You have two options:
  1. Record the screen of your computer while it plays the video;
  2. Figure out a way to download the videos "without" the DRM protection. Since it's being played on your browser, it certainly can be done because all the data needed to play the videos are being downloaded to your computer.
Good luck.

Reactions: supersam

asterlong

Mar 3, 2018
i mean there are many videos of professional actress but released in the "amateur" section in R18, the LUXU series for example

do DMM has DRM? :-s

Reactions: Casshern2

ionmu

Jun 21, 2008
i mean there are many videos of professional actress but released in the "amateur" section in R18, the LUXU series for example

do DMM has DRM? :-s
Yes, R18 and DMM are the same company I think. The servers from where you download stuff will be different (can't confirm if they are really different or just use different IPs), but the encryption method is the same. Only practical difference is that since they are different websites with different domains, you'll have to use two different accounts to buy and download videos (AKA videos are not interchangeable between the two platforms).

Last edited:

Munakata

May 4, 2018
The download servers of DMM and R18 are the same. They don't distrubute dupilcated contents to different servers. The two websites use different video players to connect to different licenses servers. DMM Player connects to DMM license server, and R Player connects to R18 licesne server. It's the only difference.

The PlayReady DRM could be removed 2 years ago, but the tool isn't available in public and authors don't want to share them. I'm sharing DRM-removed videos, but I cannot touch that tool directly. It's a platform. I just send files there and get the processed files after some minutes passed.

Last edited:

ionmu

Jun 21, 2008
The download servers of DMM and R18 are the same. They don't distrubute dupilcated contents to different servers. The two websites use different video players to connect to different licenses servers. DMM Player connects to DMM license server, and R Player connects to R18 licesne server. It's the only difference.

The PlayReady DRM could be removed 2 years ago, but the tool isn't available in public and authors don't want to share them. I'm sharing DRM-removed videos, but I cannot touch that tool directly. It's a platform. I just send files there and get the processed files after some minutes passed.
That's interesting. I'm assuming it's a backend web service? Do you pay anything to use it?

Munakata

May 4, 2018
That's interesting. I'm assuming it's a backend web service? Do you pay anything to use it?
It's not web-based but a traditional client/server software. My current team is forked from a website and the founder of that website developed that tool. I heard that a Chinese engineer gave him the idea and a prototype written in Python. He re-wrote it in C++ and developed it to a platform in order to allow team members to use it. I'm a team member so I can access it, but the founder only wants to share near-extreme contents on his own website, so I was told to create another team to share normal contents elsewhere. I've never heard the founder wants to sell the service or the platform unfortunately.

Munakata

May 4, 2018
If you don't mind me asking what is the 'Founder's' website
You could find one of my posts and see the top-right corner of the thumbnail image. The URL of the founder's website is their.

Munakata

May 4, 2018
While I do appreciate the help that was contrived way to help. You could have just posted the URL and saved us both time.
I am sorry for the inconvenience to you. The founder told me that he doesn't hope the URL is posted in the text format in order to avoid some trouble. I don't know what his consideration is.

Reactions: LimeLemon

201flyer

Akiba Citizen
Dec 8, 2009
This conversation is absurd given that R18 will read everything posted here...including pointing out the "founder's" web address. Good grief. .

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I will clarify this.

YES! YOU CAN DOWNLOAD as many movies as you want if you are subscribed to PRIME channel or any other channel. (2 days Trial period does not include download option but normal subscription has download option).

You can download as many movies as you want to watch it later whenever you want as long you are still subscribed to the channel.

If what some of you are asking is if you can pay subscription for one month to PRIME and download the 230,00+ movies that PRIME offer in one month and then cancel the subscription and be able to watch this movies forever... NO. THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS. You can stream or watch your downloaded movies as long you are still subscribed to the channel.