Problems with posted videos with VLC skins

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Aug 25, 2010
I've been having problems lately with videos on here. Twice now, when I went to view the video on windows 7 on VLC, I get this error saying my system cannot support the skin. Once this happeneds, my vlc player is basically useless and the only way to get things working again is to reinstall VLC. Any advice on this? Tired of wasting my time and reinstalling.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
I doubt it is related to the videos you download here. I suggest you to use VLC with the default skin, or use another media player, like MPC HC with CCCP codec pack. This is definitely better than VLC.

Aug 25, 2010
I doubt it is related to the videos you download here. I suggest you to use VLC with the default skin, or use another media player, like MPC HC with CCCP codec pack. This is definitely better than VLC.

I do use the default skin. Alot of videos on here lately are trying to change that when I play them.

Do you have another suggestion for a player? I was trying to use media player classic before but it didn't seem to help things.

Really kind of worried that I won't be able to download anymore, because my computer hasn't really been the same since that error happened.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Well, like i said in my previous post, Media player classic home-cinema (MPC HC) is the best player in my opinion. Download CCCP codec pack at http://cccp-project.net and install the pack, MPC HC is included and already pre-configured for better playback.

But from what you're saying now, maybe your comp has a problem. Try running your antivirus, antispyware, etc... to make sure everything is ok. Restoring your system could be an useful option too, if you still have older restore points (when your comp was running correctly)