BDISO playback ?

sts

neo-otaku
Apr 11, 2007
I tried to open the blu-ray iso file with VLC but it failed :evillaugh:
I only have VLC and Windows Media Player on my computer.
Can you tell me please what is the best way to play it ? which player/software to use ?

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
not sure if it is compatible with BDISOs but i prefer magicdisc over daemon tools.

cannonball

Nov 10, 2007
How I Play Blu-Ray BDISO on My PC/Looking for Slo-Mo Feature

I tried to open the blu-ray iso file with VLC but it failed :evillaugh:
I only have VLC and Windows Media Player on my computer.
Can you tell me please what is the best way to play it ? which player/software to use ?

I know this is a very old thread but some may find what I do much easier. I'm also on the search for a player that will slo-mo as well as VLC does. I do likes me slo-mo on the good parts. Since VLC has no intention of adding a blu-ray codec, I've been on the hunt and downloading trial versions.

I searched and read all kinds of techie stuff on playing BDISO and was left dazed and confused. So I said to hell with it and then a thought struck me with something I had totally forgotten. I learned years ago that a iso seems to be nothing more than a rar in disguise. The same holds true for BDISO. Simply rename it as an rar, bust it open with winrar, go to the STREAM file folder and lo and behold, there are your m2ts files. If you set your player as the default for blu-ray, double click the big ass file and you are off and running if you have the horses.

My trial versions of Corel WinDVD Player and CyberLink PowerDVD12 work great but there seems to be no slow motion feature and I find them to be expensive ($79-$99).

So far, I have found one player that will recognize and play a BDISO (without busting it open) but it does not play well on my pc. It's called Easy DVD Player. I downloaded it from c/net. The audio is perfect but the picture constantly freezes and jumps. I did not even look to see if there was slo-mo available. It is low cost at $29. More power to ya if it works.

I hope this helps anyone who has struggled with this issue. If anyone knows of a blu-ray media player that has slo-mo, please let me know. My trial period has run out with Corel and I have 30 days left on CyberLink.

Thanks

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I use Arcsoft Total Media Theatre for BluRay playback and it's pretty good but not cheap(100$). You can play them at half speed, but it disables the sound. I can't compare it since I have no idea how VLC slomo works since I hate it so I never used that feature.

There is no free way to play BluRay menus which is why VLC, MPCHC and all the other free player don't support BluRay(or BDISO) playback. But since BluRay's use h.264(which is very common nowadays) as their codec, most software(including VLC) should be able to play them fine if you open the .m2ts file located in the STREAM folder after you mounted or extracted the BDISO with your favorite method.