Help playing ISO file.

Jonsnoninja

Oct 29, 2007
Hi,

I usually play dowloaded ISO. files on windows media player without any ploblems but i transferred a certain ISO movie to my external HD and now when i try to play it a message reads...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because the disc prohibits playback in your region of the world. You must obtain a disc that is intended for your geographic region"

WTF?!?

I call upon tech wizards to help me in my hour of need....:bow-pray:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
It's because the region of the dvd is not the same as your dvd player. Download AnyDVD, it removes the region code, so you can play your dvd without problems

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
or simply buy a cheap chinese dvd-player like Denver, I-Box, RedStar, Yakumo or Yamada (to only name a few), those play everything and every region DVDs without problems. Only Japanese and European DVD-Player are causing such problem like one Philips I have, because the software / Bios installed is only made for the region you bought it in...

I have lots of region 1 DVDs which the Philips refuses to play, but the others do. Even the PS2 with a special update / memory stick can do.

Jonsnoninja

Oct 29, 2007
Thankyou guys for all your advice, but the problem is not that i cant play the ISO files, only that they will not play since being moved to my External HD.

Its ok, i'll just have to burn a DVD or keep the files on my internal HD.

Thanks again though guys, much appreciated.