Please post all forum bugs here

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
the mailserver is also used as a public-server for a-o
as soon as the problem with the isp is solved, we will switch back :)

so, don't worry ^^

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Yes, it does. The notification mail to that post of yours was the first mail of the system I got. Thanks a lot. :)
Just out of curiosity: Means AO will use your mail server permanently? Or is it just a temporary solution? Feel somehow bad about the fact that AO has its own mail server (which is paid every month) and we use yours.
we hae now switched back to the mailserver we have bought for akiba.

Please reply if you get the email from this post. (or not)

Moreover some general information:
someone tried to hack our servers and is now probably trying to take us down via a DDOS-Attack. (though it's not a large attack)
We are miggitating the attack as good as it's possible with our infrastrucutre, but there could be some limitations on how much we can take.
The board could answer slower than you would expect it to do or even can get timeoutes (atm it's fine, since we can handle quite a bit of traffic - just so you are warned and informed)

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
we hae now switched back to the mailserver we have bought for akiba.

Please reply if you get the email from this post. (or not)
I got the notification for that post as well as for 2 other posts. So it seems to work. Thank you. :)

Moreover some general information:
someone tried to hack our servers and is now probably trying to take us down via a DDOS-Attack. (though it's not a large attack)
We are miggitating the attack as good as it's possible with our infrastrucutre, but there could be some limitations on how much we can take.
The board could answer slower than you would expect it to do or even can get timeoutes (atm it's fine, since we can handle quite a bit of traffic - just so you are warned and informed)
That's really bad. :(

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
hum.
i have found the error ...
the system is protected against people trying to abuse this.
unfortionately i've forgotten to add the local servers to the exception list - so they were banned, after trying to send lots of emails.
sorry :/

should be fixed now.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
hum.
i have found the error ...
the system is protected against people trying to abuse this.
unfortionately i've forgotten to add the local servers to the exception list - so they were banned, after trying to send lots of emails.
sorry :/

should be fixed now.
Works like a charm. Your post triggered the first notification mail I got. Thanks. :)

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
just for your info:
the search-function is atm limited. i've moved the search-enginge to a new server - so we now have to rebuild the search-cache.
this could take some time. (i think about 2 - 4 hours)
during this time, the search-function won't find all possible results.

sorry for any inconvenience

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
faster than expected.
should be back to normal now.

FYI: Unread-Post-Count won't come back (at least not now)
the query will put too much strain on the DB - the request will take about 2s for each request - and considering that we sometimes more than 3k users, this is not acceptable, since then other users have to wait till the CPU can handle the next query.
the newest version does have a caching-method, but this won't reduce the strain on the database that much (i've tested it).
so ... until i have time to find a faster query, we won't add this.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Akiba-Online is not quite up to speed, we used to sometimes have more than 4k users....just something to keep in mind. Don't know if AO will ever become that popular again but you never know. You would have to ask one of the mods, we might have actually busted the 5k barrier before.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
yes i know that there were more users online in the "good old days"
and i would like to have them back :)

to handle more users, i will move akiba to new configs as soon as there aren't that much users online and i have some time.
it's already setup (more or less), but will result in a minor downtime from around 1 hour.
After that we should be able to handle around 6k users, before we need a bigger server or an even more complex setup
and the planned one will be complex enough :)

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
at our peak we went well over 6k, perhaps nearer 7K, plus at that time we also got hits that was not recorded, and some estimates went 10k +

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
i hereby announce, that i've successfully switched to the new setup.
there still could be some small problems, but i'm sure we will find this error and figure it out :)

As far as i see it now - there is still a small problem with getting traffic to the second system, but we will see, what happens, when time passes by :)

as for now - i've added a link to the IRC-chat at top - feel free to join us :)

edit
figured out the problem with the second php-system.
the database wasn't ready, so all users got access to the first system :D mybad - fixed & working (as it looks from here)

for all that blocks cookies.
there is a new one called "akiba_location" you have to accept this, otherwise your login-session isn't handled correctly (you have the option of tokyo or osaka)
for all that don't: nothing to do here :)

edit2
if an attachement isn't available a few seconds after the post was made - this is normal. it takes a few seconds to synchronize the two storage servers. Just try it again after a few seconds (depending on the size ~10-30s)

edit3
there were some fileupload-errors.
i hope i have fixed this problem :/

Last edited:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Thank you so much for all your efforts. You have truly made a positive difference here.

Reactions: CoolKevin

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
i've found an error while syncing the files between the storage-servers.

this could result in some images / attachements not being accessible for all members.

i've restarted the synchronisation-process.
this will take some times - after this, it should hopefully be fixed & the sync will commence normally in both directions.

i've now got another appointment, but i will try to look into in on my way. Hopefully this is fixed in a few hours.
Otherwise, i have to do a full resync, which would result in an unplanned offline-time of about 5 hours :/

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I guess every change will bring some - fixable - problems with it. But if there is no change, there is no progress. And who wants no progress... :)
Thanks for your hard Sunday work.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Since the site came back today, I now see a chaturbate ad/plugin after every single post and in every single thread which looks like this:
akibaad.jpg
I had to disable it since it made scrolling difficult.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
chompy added new ads.

i've set this back to only be shown at the end of the content ...

i have to talk to him again.
This thingy ... is totaly annoying :D

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
After experiering strange things,
all i thought was:

aPygBXn_700b.jpg

but ... it looks like, it's back working again?
that was some strange xenforo error >.<

looks like it's not used to get it balanced over multiple servers :&

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Yea, that was a mistake. At least in every post and to logged in ppl.

Disabled for now.