New User looking for a new community.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

MetalGearStork

Mar 11, 2010
Hello everyone. I came to akiba-online originally for the JAV/Gravure content, but I've recently been looking to settle down in perhaps a new online community so I suppose I'll be posting here for a while and seeing how I fit in. My username is of course based on the console game series "Metal Gear Solid", my personal favorite. "Stork" is a Korean StarCraft Progamer, playing Protoss for the team Samsung KHAN.

StorkIsReady.jpg

Stork before his OSL run

My primary community is http://www.teamliquid.net , but I have recently taken a break from there for personal reasons. However, professional Korean StarCraft is my main interest. I have been a member of the TeamLiquid Writers Team and have written many articles about E-Sports in Korea.

Here's an example (I personally consider it my best work)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=108774

I'm also really into tabletop RPG, such as Dungeons and Dragons. I played Yu-Gi-Oh competitively as a TCG for about a year but have now ditched it in favor of Magic: The Gathering, which I am quite new to (late to pick things up as always)

Photography is another huge interest of mine and I am currently planning on buying a camera. Next year, I'll be traveling by train from the West to the East coast of the US taking photos of everything along the way, to grow as a photographer and as a person.

My favorite gravure/AV idols are Aki Hoshino, Sora Aoi, Mai Nishida, Miyuu Uehara, and Miho Maeshima.

Hopefully I'll find the community to my liking, cheers.;"} ;"}

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hello and welcome to Akiba-Online, enjoy your stay !

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I think you'll like it here, too! Welcome!

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Nice intro MetalGearStork

Hope you like it here enough to settle in

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Ah, that takes me back to when I still played, downloading replays and whatnot. I also used to frequent tl.net as well under a different name though it's been a few years since I've been there. I stopped going after hold-em took over a good chunk of the site. Welcome!