Moderators please delete this post if you find it out of place here on akiba. An open letter of appe

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Maybe some questions first: Did you ever met her? Do you know her (last) address?

I hope that is not one of this cases where someone get to know a Japanese girl on some online dating plattform. She sends some photos and tells him a little bit about her life. After a few message exchanges she writes that she has some money related problems. Normally she wouldn't ask and it is very emberassing for her. But she doesn't know who she should ask instead. And she is telling the guy that he seems to be a nice person and so on. So the guy is sending her some money. And after a while contact breaks up - also they didn't ever meet or maybe even didn't video chat. Wouldn't be the first time...

Reactions: 1 person

tylersailer

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks CodeGeek for pointing out the perspective. Before I read your comment I was recalling my bad day.

holdonthere, I tell you, it will not be nice to go fly to foreign country and look for someone so broken and miserable (if you ever plan to do it). I know it because I did it before. I had a friend who was sick and suicidal in a way and she was in a foreign country, away from home and alone. I decided to go over there to chill her out, even though I did not know where she really was or her latest residential address. I could somehow meet with her, (I had her email address) but it did not end romantically. I thought I saved her life but she said I was nothing but bothersome to her. I admit I was selfish and I dreamed about being a hero or something. It still pains me a lot. For suggestion, maybe Facebook will help, somehow? You know in Japan you can find your wallet you have lost in subway. So why not a human being?

After all, it is up to you how or what you are going to do with it. But hey keep your head up mate. Surprised to know US gov. publishes the detective services in Japan on their website.

By the way, I thought you wrote your message in English, Japanese, and Spanish at the first glance. But realised you wrote Japanese words in Alphabet. That is neat but makes me wonder what I was reading...

Mar 28, 2008
Is this legit?

:| please dont make stuff up like this, my heart is too vulnerable right now. :wryyy:

Hope its legit and at the same time i hope it isnt cause it sounds real sad.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Hoooo boy.

This type of scam was super popular like 3 years ago in Japan. It wasn't even the Yakuza directing it, it was a group of Chinese assholes in ONE apartment complex in Asakusa. They raked in TONS of cash by doing this to americans and european weeabos who desperatly wanted to win the affection of a Japanese girl. They skyped, had phones that were registered to other parts of Japan and even arranged 'meetings' for a couple of the locals who got fleeced out of thousands and thousands and thousands.

One 'murican who was featured on TV, a 44 year old guy about as wide as a refrigerator laid on its side and as ugly as a bowl full of vomit-feces soup said his 'Japanese girlfriend' steal over $30,000 of his since he was helping her with cancer treatments in Japan. News flash, cancer treatments are free, as is every other health related item. If you can't afford the mandatory health insurance, it's still GIVEN to you for free.... That includes dental, hearing, **ALL MEDICAL** and MENTAL health...

So if you were supporting her medical bills, you just got ripped the fuck off.

Sorry buddy, only one persons fault it seems.

I ask mods do NOT delete this post.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah, that was an embarrassing thread topic there, now. Ya, know he feels like shit. A real crappy way to scam some poor horndog.

I ain't laughing though, my ex-wife stole my money all the time and then would bitch about me not paying the bills or putting food in fridge. Hell, she cashed three or four checks before I noticed she was forging my signature. Anything worth a red cent I had she ended selling, if she could get her hands on it (wedding rings included). She was a real rat but the kids just loved her.....go fucking figure that out (I never could). So don't feel stupid bro, women play guys for suckers all the time.......it is kind of what they do. You learn to take a hard line with bitches....they might not like it but they will respect it.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Shit, should have quoted the original post. Would have been a good warning for all other one-handed typers who think that some cute girl from a non-third-world-country would actually be totally into them.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I ask mods do NOT delete this post.

and we didnt, but everything that is posted gets recorded and mirrored, somewhere there is a mirror of this page on google

you may ask the thread starter to restore his post

Last edited by a moderator:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Hm, yes, maybe that is not the right space for something like that. I guess everyone here assumed that it is one of these stories. I just want to check that with my post, no offend intended.

I know that some people disappear because they are in trouble. Crime happens everywhere. But I never experienced myself. I mean none of my friends, family members or relatives every told me that something like that happened to him or her.

Did you every consider that she is simply perfectly fine (means in her circumstances), but cut off communication for personal reasons (not longer interested, maybe even annoyed by you, etc.)? That would be a much more simple and realistic case. And I also know stories like that. They happen every day, are less mysterious, but also not less heart braking.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
aquamarine told you like it is but knowing the truth and accepting it are two different things.