meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

lilgurlsrfun

Loliphile
May 29, 2008
Ah, the preset. Thanks for pointing that one out again.

I selected "faster" and its a serious lot better now. 10 mins for the first pass instead of like 30. :tea:

monteyuma

Dec 28, 2008
Hello! Just hopping by to say that the 1.0.0 beta-3 is the first working version for me of meGuIVit (didn't try beta1/2 though). Good job on that :D

And I might add this: I encoded a part of a DVD with frames at the start and end trimmed (oh yeah! good feature!) which worked fine. Encoding the same DVD without frames trimmed though would bring up the Visual basic whatever crash I had with earlier versions all the time (except for the naked meGuIV). Unchecking Auto for "Cached Memory" and setting it to 1000 fixed this problem though (not sure why... got 8GB RAM which should be fine anyway).

So yeah - this is getting better and better - really good work @ Vitreous :cheer:

Lastly though I'd wish you asked a moderator to insert a posting or two for/from you as post #2 and #3 for e.g. in this thread, so the information and versions of meGuIVit is to be accessed and found easier for everyone :)

Inca

Feb 27, 2007
Pardon the noob question, but I'm trying to get back into encoding and have apparently forgotten everything. :notagain:

I'm using MeguIVit 1.0.0.0 Beta-3.

I extracted the ISO using DVD Decrypter. Went to the One-Click and selected the first VOB file VTS_01_1.VOB as always and let it encode. I came back later to find it finished encoding but it only encoded the first VOB file (19 out of 68 minutes).

If I remember correctly it should have automatically encoded the whole video by selecting the first VOB file right? Is there a setting for it or something?

BTW, it encoded the first VOB file quite beautifully I might add. Very nice work, Vitreous.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
If I remember correctly it should have automatically encoded the whole video by selecting the first VOB file right?
Yes, that's exactly how it should work. So what happened there is a puzzle.

- Did it crash maybe? And you are looking at a partial intermediate AVI rather than the final MKV?
- Is there something odd about the ISO? In MeguIV(it) go to the menus, "Tools->File Indexer", and drop your first VOB in there, then "Queue". It should index all the VOBs, then drop you into a "AVS Script Creator" tool, with a preview of the video. Check if it's a preview of the whole thing.
- You didn't set any other settings in One-Click did you? Just dropped the VOB and "Go"? [which is the recommended process in general].

Inca

Feb 27, 2007
-Did it crash maybe? And you are looking at a partial intermediate AVI rather than the final MKV?
- Is there something odd about the ISO? In MeguIV(it) go to the menus, "Tools->File Indexer", and drop your first VOB in there, then "Queue". It should index all the VOBs, then drop you into a "AVS Script Creator" tool, with a preview of the video. Check if it's a preview of the whole thing.
- You didn't set any other settings in One-Click did you? Just dropped the VOB and "Go"? [which is the recommended process in general].

- pretty sure it didnt crash. I deleted everything and decrypted the ISO again and ran the first VOB and it is only encoding the first 19 minutes again.

- The preview video only showed the first VOB.

- No changes were made whatsoever. Dropped VTS_01_1.VOB in Input File and hit Go.

Hmm...I'm going to test another ISO to rule that out. Thanks for your help.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i have found that 1 in 20 or so DVD files unpack to VTS_01_1, VTS_02_1, VTS_03_1 etc and not VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3 etc. this situation is the simplest explanation for what happened.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
When that happens, I simply use vobmerge to create one big vob and then you can encode the whole video.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
When that happens, I simply use vobmerge to create one big vob and then you can encode the whole video.
This is a good idea and works fine with MeguIVit. I've never come across VOBs like this, but looks like I've been lucky...

Inca

Feb 27, 2007
I tested another ISO and it does the same thing. Only encoding/indexing the first VOB.

It's extracting properly as far as the naming goes: VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB
, VTS_01_3.VOB, etc.

Autoload VOB files incremently is checked in options for DGIndex...

...strange.

Anyway thanks SamKook I will try that vobmerge.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Got a really weird bug I've never encountered before.

Using QuickTGMC 3.31 on MeGUI 2028. Trying to process a 1080/30i file to 60fps.

Normally, you would expect proper frame order, as such:
12345678... (where SelectEven would return 2468... etc)

My frames now appear switched, giving me output:

Which, needless to say, makes for quite the seizure-inducing video. (See sample below.) Not sure if I missed a setting/flag somewhere, or if the source video is messed up.

Code:
http://hotfile.com/dl/122924041/43ddb67/SSEB_001.rar.html
pass: guy@AO

Advice?

no__One

May 27, 2007
Hello Mr. Guy,

If my memory does not fail me, in this particular case, must be included in the AVS script command: AssumeTFF () or AssumeBFF ().

I hope this will be of any help.
Regards.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Yep that did the trick. Not sure where it got mixed up, never had to manually set it before. ʅ(‾◡◝)ʃ

Anyway, you can expect a 1080p and 720p rip of SSEB-001 soon.

no__One

May 27, 2007
Finally, the sky cleared a bit ...

Thanks a lot for your hard work and help.:bow-pray:

no__One

May 27, 2007
Having prevailed on SD videos, HD points the tip of its nose!:thief:

Being a novice on these 2 subjects, I would need some clarification.
When I load the first file of the Blu Ray, in contrast to VOB files, the following are not encoded. Is this normal?
Must I manually encode each file and mkvmerge the result ? :puzzled:
Also the audio is not encoded. The options are grayed out in the selection of audio format while it is well recognized during the drag & drop.Strange?:study:
I use, of course, meguIVit_beta3 .
Thank you time and care that you grant me.
Regards.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
When I load the first file of the Blu Ray, in contrast to VOB files, the following are not encoded. Is this normal?
Yes, you must identify each part that you wish to encode (some .m2ts files contain menus or other non-video data - easy to see by the filesize or use BDInfo). Then mkvmerge or easier, just make separate rips (e.g. main + bonus)

Also the audio is not encoded. The options are grayed out in the selection of audio format while it is well recognized during the drag & drop.
Where an m2ts has audio it should appear as "PCM" when you drag and drop. It should be encoded and muxed into the vid as normal. If this isn't working on an m2ts which definitely has audio then please let me know the source so I can test. I added the Blu-ray LPCM export code to MeguIVit myself because it isn't supported in standard MeGUI, I only tested on a couple of blu-rays. Possible that there is a problem.

BTW. You can add blu-ray chapters on the "Advanced Config" tab. Browse to the BDMV\PLAYLIST folder and choose an .mpls file. Use BDInfo to find the mpls to use for each m2ts (they don't necessarily have the same number).

no__One

May 27, 2007
Thank you very much Mr. Vitreous for all these clarifications.

All my tests are done using:
[SSEB-001] (BD-ISO) SASAKI Miyuu - SHINING STAR (uploaded by Mr. Taruo Here -^_^->) Thanks a lot to him!

When I proceed to the "Drag and Drop", Audio is identified as AC-3 but not encoded.
For perfectly accurate, audio is extracted but not encoded and not muxed in MKV.
Regarding the last step, not surprising since the choice of audio encoding format is grayed out.

Regards.

no__One

May 27, 2007
Hello Mr. CmoarIdols

I don't know if I could really help you but could you post the full log file of meguIVit ?

Regards.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
Hello Mr. CmoarIdols

I don't know if I could really help you but could you post the full log file of meguIVit ?

Regards.

just in case you were unsure:

in the main meguIV window, move to the 'log' tab, right-click and go to save>>save log.
this will prompt you to choose a location to save the log as a .txt file which you can c&p the contents of as a reply.