apploc installation troubles for vista

Manaphy2007

Awesome guy
Feb 19, 2009
:virtuous:having troubles installing apploc on vista? well there is a simple solution:
:hypno:1. Right Click on the Command Prompt option on the Start Menu and choose Run as administrator.
2. Click Continue when the User Account Control dialog comes up (assuming you have UAC activated).
3. From the Command Prompt, just run X:\Directory\apploc.msi (where X is the drive and "Directory" is your directory path) and it should install without any trouble at all. Hope this helps. (if i were u i would put the apploc file to the windows directory under the C: drive for an easier way but u don't have to if u don't want to) :bingo:Of course, bear in mind that this is a workaround - not a permanent fix, which is much more desirable. I would strongly suggest (as I did) make a System Restore point before you attempt this. (almost forgot here is the apploc link to download http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx)

Manaphy2007

Awesome guy
Feb 19, 2009
Two questions:

1/ Where can I find the "apploc.msi" file ?

2/ Is it for all versions of Vista ? I think the "professional" version has the AppLoc included in the installation.

i posted the a link to download the apploc. in the command prompt u type "apploc.msi" the actual file is just apploc. sorry for the confusion.to answer #2, normally it isn't for versions under "professional" (because it doesn't include the apploc, i think, i know vista basic doesn't) but my tip will "bypass" the installation. do u still need some more info? if u do just ask.