Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
Looks like Fileserve may have disabled sharing again.

"FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally. "

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I won't complain, they banned my ip so I couldn't download from them anyway.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
some additional tweaks to hotfile.com . . .

for a couple of years i have uploaded to hotfile.com and have usually .rar split my files into folders entitled something like "zool-FM.no.100"

today i uploaded to hotfiles.com which indicated something to the effect that "anonymous files are now prohibited"

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
AO seems to be back online again, thank god :cheer: Wupload has disabled sharing, who's next? And Uploaded.to dropped free dl speeds from 200 kb/s to 50 kb/s...

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
today i uploaded to hotfiles.com which indicated something to the effect that "anonymous files are now prohibited"

Thats a deal breaker. And I can't understand how they are allowed to do that, as it seems to go against privacy rights. I mean I understand that it's their servers and all, but then people need to just boycott these company's. Stop using them. I had three months left with one of the big file hosts before all this went down and lost all downloading privileges. I got screwed. They're never get my business again.

We need some kind of system, like a uTorrent app that could be channeled through an anonymizing peer to peer network like tor. Ya, it would be slow (though it might not be horribly slow if there were a large user base), but you would get your files eventually. If it was secure we wouldn't have such short limits on seeding also because people would feel safer and seed longer.

joenook

Jan 5, 2009
Yeah, I've noticed Fileserve, Wupload, and now possibly Uploadstation have all blocked downloading from others as well. Sigh...

big C

Clinton D
Mar 7, 2012
And now Filejungle is only allowing you to download your own stuff...Another one bites the dust! New kid on the block "rapidgator" seems to be working reasonably well though.