Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

delightfuldenny

Sep 17, 2011
I am new at this--can you tell me what is usenet?
I download file usually with oron since filesonic and the rest closed.
If I subscribe to usenet would I be able to download files ?
When I go to a site to download I don't see usenet.
Hopefully I don't come across as being too dumb.
Thanks in advance for any information you might give me.
Delightfuldenny
If it makes sense maybe you could reply to me at my email--dennyd1941@comcast.net

Bakajin

Nov 20, 2007
Paypal cut off Oron, too.

Paypal is getting out of the FBI crosshairs. They were a named "co-conspirator" in the dotcom case. While there is no way in hell they could be considered a conspirator and there's no real case to be made against them, the feds sent a message to Paypal and they heard loud and clear. With the biggest e-commerce site no longer doing business with ANY filehost, the feds are going to cut off the money from the filehosts. And it won't stop with paypal. They will name credit card companies, too, if they have to. Pretty soon if you want access ur gonna have to send them cash in a manilla envelope.

One thing: this is an election year. Hollywood money means a lot to the current US administration and their candidates. This is no coincidence, this SOPA stuff and the dotcom case happening right now. That doesn't mean we can expect it to go away after that.

patton

Dec 31, 2011
If it makes sense maybe you could reply to me at my email--dennyd1941@comcast.net

no it doesn't..
the discussion should be kept opened to public so any other people could also get an answer (including me since i also don't know about usenet, torrent, and any other *net and *rent)..

please keep in mind, whatever forum you have joined in, don't ask for private answer regarding public discussion..

franklee

Range Rider
Mar 6, 2008
As of 8:00 pm, GMT I have not been able to reach filepost.com. This may be a case of service down but given the general tenor of what is happening elsewhere it probably means that the service is either no longer active or is not accepting connections to U.S. IP addresses. This makes this service the latest victim of "interesting times."

Keep your powder dry, boys, and sharpen up your knives, the shi,shi,....manure is about to fly!

Sorry this was premature, filepost is back up and accepting downloads. I understand there is a temporary issue with their uploads also, but that is expected to be back on wednesday night.

kikaida1

Oct 17, 2009
And now, as of 10:00 AM, GMT, Depositfiles is down. Hoping it's a server problem, but who knows?:notagain:

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
As of 8:00 pm, GMT I have not been able to reach filepost.com. This may be a case of service down but given the general tenor of what is happening elsewhere it probably means that the service is either no longer active or is not accepting connections to U.S. IP addresses. This makes this service the latest victim of "interesting times."

Keep your powder dry, boys, and sharpen up your knives, the shi,shi,....manure is about to fly!

I am downloading on FilePost right now and I am in the US, so I see no problem.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

richie619

Feb 19, 2009
start using mediafire on all the vids and pics, it's faster to download and can do parallel downloads as well

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
Anyone have problems with Bitshare (again)? The main site works fine, but when I try to download, I get the following message: connection to main server failed. Is Bitshare going under too?

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
And what the hell happened to Fileserve's download speeds? Usually I've gotten nearly 500 kb/s as a free user, now it's gone down to 100 kb/s.

felicemaggie

Dec 9, 2011
I have been using Zevera.com recently - for a small payment that was equivalent to just one file-hosting service, you can access at least 20+ hosts to download at a premium account rate.

Please note, I stress that this is a personal recommendation ONLY - completely independent of Akiba-Online and other JAV sites.

The service is good for what you get, I'm impressed with it.

jeeperr

Oct 25, 2008
tried oron a while ago ,yes was slow last night ,this morning gained the proper speed
above 400 (and rising :notagain: )
dont worry bro ,it could be traffic or maintenance issue :study:

vian85putra

Feb 1, 2011
And what the hell happened to Fileserve's download speeds? Usually I've gotten nearly 500 kb/s as a free user, now it's gone down to 100 kb/s.

It's not just fileserve.
Rapidshare, oron, depositfile all have slower download than usual.

Probably it's their policy to get more customer to buy premium as many file host dead.