Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ppdian

Sep 29, 2008
Warning.
DO NOT subscribe BITSHARE!
80-90% of the time won't work.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Warning.

funny that I have heard they are really good, some ISP's block certain parts of the net, because I have heard they are so good, I was even thinking about opening an account, as a free user, I have found them fine

zepp

Dec 5, 2009
Warning.

i bought the premium account and it works well sometimes and
sometimes it gets really slow. i thot it was my internet problem, but it aint.
other file hosts such as oron, deposit files, fileserve were fine when bitshare had problem with speed.

It happens for filepost too.

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
funny that I have heard they are really good, some ISP's block certain parts of the net, because I have heard they are so good, I was even thinking about opening an account, as a free user, I have found them fine

For bitsahre, Honestly, they are having problem with their file stored in the fileserve, especially the s27.bitsahre.

I queue a number of file, about 50 of them, 30% of them is not working as it will just say file is not found...

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
Bitshare is a BS service, even now I can't download anything... I just get an error page when I push the download button after the timer.

ppdian

Sep 29, 2008
I am not worried with speed. Problem is that always certain parts within the batch are broken... When you test the links with BS... the checker claim that they are ONLINE!

From my observation, I believe they got some sort of mechanism installed that will be prevent user from leeching (simultaneously) the files. Or their lousy servers cannot fulfill the requests!

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
Bulletupload has been a cpanel default index for the past couple of days, but now they're back, sort of. Now they're "FiberUpload".

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
It seems that Hotfile has capped the download speed for free users to about 60 kb/s, and now you have to wait 90 seconds before downloading a file. Why do the filesharing sites do this? First Rapidshare and now Hotfile... If they think they're going to get new paying customers like this, then they're sorely mistaken! The funny thing is, that Uploaded.to seems to be one of the best alternatives at the moment.

example100000

Old Timer
Sep 26, 2009
It seems that Hotfile has capped the download speed for free users to about 60 kb/s, and now you have to wait 90 seconds before downloading a file. Why do the filesharing sites do this? First Rapidshare and now Hotfile... If they think they're going to get new paying customers like this, then they're sorely mistaken! The funny thing is, that Uploaded.to seems to be one of the best alternatives at the moment.

I'm sure they would get more subs by capping download speed and waiting time. Nobody wants capped download speed, ads, Capcha's and waiting time, so they put them in to piss you off so that you sub to them to get rid of the capped speed, ads and waiting time if you really want to download that file.

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
Anybody having problems with Depositfiles? I am PREMIUM but JDownloader keeps disconnecting from Premium and throwing Captchas at me. I have e-mailed them three tiems, and no answer. Saturday and Sunday USA time, March 24 and 25.

:puzzled:

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Good news uploaded.to now works for users in the US.

I do not know if this is some weekend thing or if they decided to stop restricting users in the US.

The bad news is that it works similar to file factory where if they do not have any free slots open then you are not downing anything unless you are a paying memberIt doesn't seem as bad as file factory.

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
Anybody having problems with Depositfiles? I am PREMIUM but JDownloader keeps disconnecting from Premium and throwing Captchas at me. I have e-mailed them three tiems, and no answer. Saturday and Sunday USA time, March 24 and 25.

:puzzled:

yes, i have the same problem where my movie can't completed and it's just disconnect every now and then....