Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
Update links faster on older and newer posts also keep seeding torrents, torrent should be on every single post then just DDL, that way we dont need to worry about DDL servers being out of business any time soon.. :joker:

torrents are past, magnet links now :perfectplan:

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
but there is no real japanese specific usenet scene. and i think thats a pity.

Yes, there is, it's a.b.m.e.a., as in;

alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica.asians

The VAST majority of posts there are of JAV. Then, if you are looking for specific niches or fetishes--lesbian, scat, uro, etc.--check the relevant groups for those. :study:

hmaulwurf88

Oct 2, 2011
Yes, there is, it's a.b.m.e.a., as in;

alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica.asians

The VAST majority of posts there are of JAV. Then, if you are looking for specific niches or fetishes--lesbian, scat, uro, etc.--check the relevant groups for those. :study:

yes, i know about this group. i think i actually posted it in this thread a page prior to this.

anyways. by "scene" i meant something like akiba, but usenet specific. there are already several japanese groups, but no platform to share information about what the uploads include. there are no cover images and sometimes filenames are decrypted and you have no clue what's behind a file.

if you simply browse a group, you are also unable to filter by genre for example. you just have a BIIIIG list of files with size and upload date information.

maybe we can open up a usenet section on akiba for that sort of stuff?

again, my personal opinion is that usenet is superior to DDL and torrent. you have thousands of terrabytes data, every minute someone is uploading something new. once uploaded it's accessible for everyone, without wating queues or speed limitation. some providers offer 100mbit. this cannot be beaten by ddl or torrent.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The p2p section always had a couple of usenet post, it's just not very popular.

BreastQuest

Jun 13, 2008
FYI: While RS is still alive, it has curtained the d/l speeds greatly (used to get 500 Kbps +, now it can take 2 hours just to d/l a 100 MB clip).

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
FYI: While RS is still alive, it has curtained the d/l speeds greatly (used to get 500 Kbps +, now it can take 2 hours just to d/l a 100 MB clip).

Yeah, they throttle the dl at 30KB/s for free users and for me, it often fails near the ends and has to start from the beginning so it's become a pretty bad host, once again, for free users.

shakespeer

Oct 3, 2007
yes, i know about this group. i think i actually posted it in this thread a page prior to this.

anyways. by "scene" i meant something like akiba, but usenet specific. there are already several japanese groups, but no platform to share information about what the uploads include. there are no cover images and sometimes filenames are decrypted and you have no clue what's behind a file.

if you simply browse a group, you are also unable to filter by genre for example. you just have a BIIIIG list of files with size and upload date information.

maybe we can open up a usenet section on akiba for that sort of stuff?

again, my personal opinion is that usenet is superior to DDL and torrent. you have thousands of terrabytes data, every minute someone is uploading something new. once uploaded it's accessible for everyone, without wating queues or speed limitation. some providers offer 100mbit. this cannot be beaten by ddl or torrent.

hmaulwurf88, I agree. It would be great to have a usenet section with preview pictures of the posted items (filenames on usenet are often not recognisable by there name as a precaution)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
hmaulwurf88, I agree. It would be great to have a usenet section with preview pictures of the posted items (filenames on usenet are often not recognisable by there name as a precaution)

I love how you completely ignored my post following his.

There is a usenet section here, but it's incorporated in the p2p section since it's too small to have its own(I'm guessing). The post in there are clearly identified as such and there's so little activity there that you can't miss anything.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
SamKook said:
There is a usenet section here, but it's incorporated in the p2p section since it's too small to have its own(I'm guessing). The post in there are clearly identified as such and there's so little activity there that you can't miss anything.

Yeah sometimes you have to put the bread directly in their mouth:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196

I don't feel like we need a separate Usenet area, unless we get at least 10 new posts per day.

Also I suggest you discuss further the Usenet details in that thread:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334721

hovhaness

Feb 1, 2008
4-Shared is the host that seems to fly under the radar for most.
Kind of like Mediafire was back a few years ago.
It is lightning fast.
For sharing huge files it may not be ideal because you have limited space.
Although i have done this without issue by creating multiple accounts.

donnyxme

Apr 8, 2007
well, one possibility lightning fast since it has less users compared to others. Meaning less traffic they have to handle.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
USENET SUCKS!

it's ridiculous, painful, you have to PAY and as easily to be taken down as any DDL site, so please stop saying to use this shit :evil:

domojoe

*sigh*
Dec 10, 2009
USENET SUCKS!

it's ridiculous, painful, you have to PAY and as easily to be taken down as any DDL site, so please stop saying to use this shit :evil:

I disagree. It's not "ridiculous" or "painful". You just need to learn how it works. Yes, you have to pay for the best servers like giganews, but we've also had to pay for premium accounts on so MANY different filesharing sites! It would cost a lot less to use giganews in the long run...unless you're happy with super slow "free" downloads from hotfile?

and it certainly CANNOT be taken down as any DDL site...that's just completely false. Usenet has been around since the earliest days of the intertubes, and it's not going anywhere! A News server can decide not to carry a group, but it doesn't mean you can't find another server that DOES carry it, and an uploader can easily choose a different group to upload files.

If everyone would stop thinking about making money from these uploads then it would be a lot easier to share the videos.

I guess I'm just living in a dream world.

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
JAV content on Usenet is quite limited at the moment, but I see no problem with people encouraging others to give it a try.

Perhaps some people that have been critical of Usenet have not used it for quite some time.

The old way:
>Download headers for a group
>Search for files you want
>Download files
>Check integrity of files with parity index. Missing x blocks
>Download x blocks parity
>Repair files

The new way:
>Search headers/NZB online to find files
>Double-click NZB file
>Newsreader automatically downloads, repairs if necessary, and optionally extracts.

I think as Samkook said, the only real downside is that you have absolutely have to pay. It's about $7-10/mo or $50-80/TB with most providers, but with that comes in excess of 1,280 days of retention (>3.5 years, and growing 1 day per day).

agx9

Apr 2, 2007
Well, multiupload is gone. Now I can't can't get a bunch of things I was planning to download. :notagain:

jplond

Nov 5, 2007
Usenet would be a great alternative. Posts CAN'T be taken down, providers can choose to drop groups but most dont. and u just call the group something non-revealing. But sadly that probably wont happen as people like to make money off of sharing.

Which hey, i cant necessarily blame them, i dunno if they are paying for these titles, then they have to rip them all to their PC, rar them all up, and i bet its time consuming uploading stuff to all those sites. so if they can break even or make a buck or two then what the hell more power to them.

but at the same time, newsgroups would provide a faster simpler solution to uploaders and downloaders with everything in one nice place. all u have to do is choose your newsgroup provider which will probably cost what the file sharing sites cost, for the most part anyway.

Sorry just read previous page and saw people suggested moving this discussion to the newsgroup thread. Will continue there....

domojoe

*sigh*
Dec 10, 2009
I think as Samkook said, the only real downside is that you have absolutely have to pay. It's about $7-10/mo or $50-80/TB with most providers, but with that comes in excess of 1,280 days of retention (>3.5 years, and growing 1 day per day).

And in case the reader is completely new to Newsgroups (aka usenet), the term "retention" means that a news server keeps the uploads available for download. 3.5 years of retention, folks! This means that if I upload a video, it will be available for a minimum of 3.5 years on a premium news server like Giganews.

If all the IMOB and IMOG titles were uploaded ONCE...they would be available for a long, long time.

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
BITSHARE PROBLEMS and USENET COMMENT

I have premium Bitshare account, but for the last two days I cannot get the downloads to work, even though JDownloader shows that my account is active and that the links are all online and available. I keep getting "Wait 9 minutes" and a few plug-in out of date errors. Am I the only one?

AND ON USENET:

The major group for JAV has been adding a lot more of the censored titles which I prefer instead of the usual, boring uncensored stuff which has dominated the group for the last year or two. Many of the same new releases posted on Akiba on various file hosts are being posted there every day, but as others have said, once they are posted, it is VERY rare for the server to take them down, almost unheard of. And premium accounts are available with reputable servers for as little as ten dollars a month. I still use Giganews, which is thirty a month, but they are the best.

Bakajin

Nov 20, 2007
Usenet does have to deal with DMCA requests. Fortunately for us, take down requests have not happened much at all with adult stuff. It has with mainstream movies. The MPAA will leave no stone unturned. I recall, though, when I was posting pics from a website in the early years of usenet posting (before RAR, way before nzb, lol) the site owner called me at my house. I scared him off with some legal talk, lol.

pocs

Multi-Terabytes Collector
Apr 8, 2010
BITSHARE PROBLEMS
I have premium Bitshare account, but for the last two days I cannot get the downloads to work, even though JDownloader shows that my account is active and that the links are all online and available. I keep getting "Wait 9 minutes" and a few plug-in out of date errors. Am I the only one?

Hi buddy,

You are not the only one, It appaers that there SXX.bitshare.com server is not stable.
Sometime s27, S17 and other are always show file offline when you try to access uisng web broswer, However, when you move the queue to other adsl line and it will work, or sometime when you try to resume it will work.

I have been in contact with bitshare support and ask them to solve this shit, but no reply at all...