Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You guys are wasting your time. Meanwhile i downloaded 10 new Lesbian JAV in FLV format from flv video sites. There's so many content and full movies out there. I don't know why you guys don't do that.

I personally do'nt care filesonic, and megaupload and whatever are out

1 word: quality(even though there are a lot of not so great encodes out there)

patton

Dec 31, 2011

i agree!
i used to have some FLV videos, but now i'm searching for their AVI/WMV/MKV version for replacement...for my viewing pleasure..
i hate FLV..and also RM/RMVB

because i'm only a downloader, i like mediafire
but yes i know it's a pain for uploaders..

nervx

Feb 20, 2007
i agree!
i used to have some FLV videos, but now i'm searching for their AVI/WMV/MKV version for replacement...for my viewing pleasure..
i hate FLV..and also RM/RMVB

because i'm only a downloader, i like mediafire
but yes i know it's a pain for uploaders..

imo the standard needs to become h264 set to two pass encoding. quality is excellent and file sizes are small. for example i took a 720p 5.5GB 2 hour movie and re-encoded it with h264 and it takes up half the size with no quality loss. i used xmedia recode which is free to do it.

moving to 264 would sastify both those that want smaller files and those that want better quality. it's always disappointing to download something only to see it compressed at vhs quality.

i really dont understand why anyone compresses with rm these days. thats a dead format.

Well isn't this just great... Uploaders seem to favor the WORST filesharing services now. Well I'd rather shoot myself in the leg, than wait for hours at a 30kb/s speed. Thanks but no thanks. I feel like I'm done with JAV for a while.

the warez community has moved back to rapidshare. seems like the jav community which is more concerned with money is dead save for a few stranglers trying to squeeze the last few dollars out of shitty file services. when jav uploaders realise they're not going to make money anymore maybe we'll see them return to some good file services.... hopefully.

patton

Dec 31, 2011
imo the standard needs to become h264 set to two pass encoding. quality is excellent and file sizes are small. for example i took a 720p 5.5GB 2 hour movie and re-encoded it with h264 and it takes up half the size with no quality loss. i used xmedia recode which is free to do it.

moving to 264 would sastify both those that want smaller files and those that want better quality. it's always disappointing to download something only to see it compressed at vhs quality.

that's an exception..
most of FLV videos outthere are stil encoded in VP6 or worst

i really dont understand why anyone compresses with rm these days. thats a dead format.

neither do i..
look at http://www.av123.org
most (if not all) of their videos are encoded in RM. i think they're the king of realmedia

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I think what we have to do is to go 100% torrents, also make the site private and invitation only, including the tracker.
Also we need to have a ratio or a minimum seed-time system as there will be less users.
I am a member of some private trackers and they are running smoothly, will incredible speeds, some are even ratio free, just seed back 48 hrs.

Sounds like a hand made darknet version. Maybe Freenet has not a good usability, but I think that this way is also somehow complicated. In that case I would prefer a system which is more similar to a real Darknet. A real darknet is always private (this is the main point of the system) and you also only can enter it by invitation (means sharing keys). Maybe there will be Darknet application one day that is as secure as Freenet, but as easy to use like JDownloader, eMule or BitTorrent.

I for myself love torrents because they don't require waiting time to download each part and all that business. However, you probably haven't realized that uploaders like to upload onto DDL sites to EARN MONEY, they have nothing to gain just uploading them to torrents. When I seed 1:1 or more, I feel I have contributed my part of the share. There used to be a private AO tracker, but I think that screwed up and AO gave up on it. Making this place private and invitation only doesn't help the case that the uploaders want money for providing their material (except for a couple of generous people who solely provide like Vitreous and guy). You say you are a member of some private trackers, I'd be really interested if they provided JI material...haha.

In my opinion it is not okay to download copyright material and everyone should be aware of this - regardless if he/she is doing it or not. But even want to earn money by doing it is the worst.
In my case I'm trying to seed 3:1 (sometimes it will be more as I didn't set-up any hard limit, but stop the seeding by hand). But I think everythink 1:1 or more is totally okay.

Agree to that. Watching FLV movie on some streaming sites is okay if you want to have a peek. You don't have to wait hours for the download only to realise that the movie isn't what you had expected. But for really enjoying it I prefer a better quality.

By the way: This issues are not really related to the subject of this thread. Maybe someone can open another thread about alternatives to the file hosters and post a link here.

falcon26

Nov 7, 2009
So it seems that bitshare and oron are really the only options now for us USA users. I have oron already but the speed is not very good. How is bitshare? Now if most uploaders would just use bitshare or oron :)

nghiagay

Jul 29, 2011
Ok!The last question?How to earn money from internet today?Anyone have an idea?
I have just checked my HotFile statitics.It show 3000 downloads/3 days but 0$ for me.What the hell?I have never buy anything from my account,just earn money from download count.I'm so boring,tiring,pooring.Haizzzzzz.

Tranman409

Jan 5, 2009
Ugh I just bought a turbobit premium and I'm so disappointed. All of my favorite JAV uploaders use that site and my download speeds are 50kb max....

Kusanagi

Dec 30, 2008
I've seen on a different (non-AMWF) forum, someone re-upping whole movies in single Rapidshare links. I'd be willing to try doing that - re-upping something already posted - if someone would give me instruction for doing it. I have a Rapidshare account now.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Just noticed that Netload and Filefactory aren't on that list and both are still working.

UptownYardy

May 12, 2010
Dammit at btjunkie goin.
It's quite shocking how the FBI's shut down of Megaupload has had such an effect on other file-sharing-related sites. :why:

dixieflyer8

Jun 1, 2009
"It's quite shocking how the FBI's shut down of Megaupload has had such an effect on other file-sharing-related sites. "
strange that the media is not covering this. of course, nobody in the world has ever downloaded anything without paying, have they?

glower

May 18, 2008
And now Google!

and now links from Google are being replaced with "takedown" message.

Death of the 'Net!

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It's funny how everyone thinks it's the end of the world just because ddl site are closing.

It's just like when they stopped website from hosting MP3's directly a few years back. It was inconvenient, but we all survived.