Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
rapidshare has always been one of the fastest services if you pay. if you're too cheap, use torrents or wait out the slow speed. you can get free rapidshare by doing their points offers though.

you must be blind for quoting my question and replying on another subject.

nervx

Feb 20, 2007
you must be blind for quoting my question and replying on another subject.

i told you the speeds dont suck if you arent cheap and actually pay for the service. as far as im concerned question answered. a majority uploaders are returning to rapidshare, like it or not. hotfile seems like a possible secondary but who knows how long they'll be around.

EDIT: you can earn rapidpro for free for a month or two by doing the free offers after you sign up. that way you can check out the speeds of the pay service for yourself.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
UPLOAD speed don't suck if you pay for the service?
can you tell this by direct experience?

that's what i was asking.

and as far as i am concerned, gathering informations before PAYING for a service which will let other people download stuff FOR FREE has nothing to do with being cheap.

i spent more than my share on MU (1 year in october, and 2 added years when they offered the discount), so it's logical for me being more cautious now.

thanks for your replies anyway

zwil

ɛχєɭʋʂȉ˅ѐ ͛ ᶁᶞẉṅḼᶿḁďȝƦ
Mar 14, 2007
Hotfile changes

Hotfile is changing now as well...

COPYRIGHT EDUCATION PAGE

You have been sent to this page because Hotfile received a DMCA copyright infringement notification for content uploaded on your affiliate account. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended. You can only restore your affiliate account in one of two ways: 1) filing a counter notification (as outlined at http://hotfile.com/ippolicy.httml) if you wish to contest the DMCA notice; or 2) reviewing the materials and passing the quiz below. Please note that if your account is restored and Hotfile subsequently receives a second DMCA notification for content uploaded on your account, your account will be permanently terminated from the Affiliate Program. A third DMCA notification will lead to termination of your account from Hotfile’s services.

Hotfile is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). Hotfile respects the rights of copyright holders and requires that all account holders receive permission from copyright holders before uploading and sharing, distributing or displaying copyrighted works.

Copyright infringement is a violation of civil and criminal law and infringers can face civil lawsuits and fines, as well as, in some cases, criminal prosecution resulting in possible incarceration. The information on this website is not legal advice and is intended for general informational purposes only.
Primer on Copyright Law
Copyright law recognizes ownership rights in the expression of ideas or inventions. The creator of a work is given the exclusive right to reproduce, distribute, perform, display, or prepare derivative works from the original work. Copyright law exists in most countries and copyrights obtained in one country are generally applicable in other countries under the Berne Convention.
Material That Is Protected by Copyright.
Examples of copyrighted materials include computer software, motion pictures, sound recordings, books, pictures, and architectural works. Television shows, motion pictures, recorded music, music videos, and recorded dramatic or musical performances are very likely to be copyrighted works.
Copyright Infringement
Copyright law forbids copying, distribution, public performance, public display and the creation of derivative works of a copyrighted work without the permission of the copyright owner.
Sometimes the authors of a work will widely grant permission for others to copy and distribute their works. Some common examples of this include open source software, freeware, shareware and Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.org) licenses.

The law also allows for certain “fair uses” of copyrighted works without the copyright holder’s permission. There are no set “fair uses,” though courts in the United States consider four factors in determining whether use of a copyrighted work is fair use: 1) the purpose and character of the use (whether for commercial or non-profit or educational use); 2) the nature of the work; 3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4) the effect upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. By balancing these four factors a Court may find that certain otherwise infringing uses may be legally permissible.

Uploading copyright-infringing material may result in the temporary suspension or permanent termination of your account. Hotfile will discontinue service to users who repeatedly make such content available or otherwise violate Hotfile’s Terms of Service. Please see Hotfile’s Terms of Service (http://hotfile.com/terms-of-service.html) and its Intellectual Property Policy (http://hotfile.com/ippolicy.html) for more information regarding its repeat infringer policy.
Avoiding Copyright Infringement
The best way to avoid copyright infringement is to obtain the copyright holder’s permission before uploading and sharing, displaying or distributing a copyrighted work.

It is your responsibility to know the laws in your country and to understand what constitutes copyright infringement and the consequences associated with infringement.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright holder (or authorized representative), you may send a notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA as outlined at http://hotfile.com/reportabuse.html.

Copyright Infringement Quiz
Note: You must provide the correct answers to each of the questions above to be reinstated as an Affiliate.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
i got that too, and i took the quiz (i never felt so stupid in the last few years...)

time to move, i guess...
i just hope they won't delete everything in the next days

nghiagay

Jul 29, 2011
i got that too, and i took the quiz (i never felt so stupid in the last few years...)

time to move, i guess...
i just hope they won't delete everything in the next days

I got that too,and i took the quiz too.So f*ck!What can i talk now?I only know upload and earn money from count of download,i have never sold any premium account before.:puzzled:
And now!Affilate is change.I can not do anything with my movies.So bored!
What can i do now?Tell me?Where host is safe to earn money now?Why??????????????????????????????Why SOPA rob my last earn money tool?

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
You guys are crying too much.
Just stop caring too much about this and go outside and do something.

You guys are just addicted.

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
way i see now most file sharing place will do check to see if file your trying to upload so people could download them. so looks like there doing background check of files now just to stay within the law. so if people where to post legit stuff to download for free we could still have file sharing sites

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I wonder if they will allow files with passwords to be uploaded now. I hope they don't delete personal photos from users.
It could be a good thing if they delete the JI stuff though before prosecutors us it. Torrents seem like a better way to go for now, but I'm not sure how I feel about usnet. The retention is too long.

hats off to the OP,
Thank you for informing us of this information, great topic. Well not great, but good to know.

xwizard

Apr 9, 2011
Any news about freakshare and uploaded.to?
Will they shut down affiliate program soon like everybody has???

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
Hotfile was still being used by JAV posters yesterday (2-01-12) but the posters who have been using it since the Megaupload affair suddenly stopped today. Today very few posts in this forum show (HF) at the start of the title. Anybody know what is happening? According to the first page of this thread, Hotfile is still alive. Links posted two days still work. Why would everyone stop on the same day? The affiliate program was closed a week ago but did not stop the posters.

I paid for a new Hotfile account after my Filesonic and Uploadstation accounts became useless (with no refunds, of course).

Senior Idol :puzzled:

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Hotfile was still being used by JAV posters yesterday (2-01-12) but the posters who have been using it since the Megaupload affair suddenly stopped today. Today very few posts in this forum show (HF) at the start of the title. Anybody know what is happening?

Hotfile is changing now as well...
COPYRIGHT EDUCATION PAGE

You have been sent to this page because Hotfile received a DMCA copyright infringement notification for content uploaded on your affiliate account. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended. You can only restore your affiliate account in one of two ways: 1) filing a counter notification (as outlined at http://hotfile.com/ippolicy.httml) if you wish to contest the DMCA notice; or 2) reviewing the materials and passing the quiz below. Please note that if your account is restored and Hotfile subsequently receives a second DMCA notification for content uploaded on your account, your account will be permanently terminated from the Affiliate Program. A third DMCA notification will lead to termination of your account from Hotfile’s services.

Hotfile is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”). Hotfile respects the rights of copyright holders and requires that all account holders receive permission from copyright holders before uploading and sharing, distributing or displaying copyrighted works.

Copyright infringement is a violation of civil and criminal law and infringers can face civil lawsuits and fines, as well as, in some cases, criminal prosecution resulting in possible incarceration. The information on this website is not legal advice and is intended for general informational purposes only.
Primer on Copyright Law
Copyright law recognizes ownership rights in the expression of ideas or inventions. The creator of a work is given the exclusive right to reproduce, distribute, perform, display, or prepare derivative works from the original work. Copyright law exists in most countries and copyrights obtained in one country are generally applicable in other countries under the Berne Convention.
Material That Is Protected by Copyright.
Examples of copyrighted materials include computer software, motion pictures, sound recordings, books, pictures, and architectural works. Television shows, motion pictures, recorded music, music videos, and recorded dramatic or musical performances are very likely to be copyrighted works.
Copyright Infringement
Copyright law forbids copying, distribution, public performance, public display and the creation of derivative works of a copyrighted work without the permission of the copyright owner.
Sometimes the authors of a work will widely grant permission for others to copy and distribute their works. Some common examples of this include open source software, freeware, shareware and Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.org) licenses.

The law also allows for certain “fair uses” of copyrighted works without the copyright holder’s permission. There are no set “fair uses,” though courts in the United States consider four factors in determining whether use of a copyrighted work is fair use: 1) the purpose and character of the use (whether for commercial or non-profit or educational use); 2) the nature of the work; 3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4) the effect upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. By balancing these four factors a Court may find that certain otherwise infringing uses may be legally permissible.

Uploading copyright-infringing material may result in the temporary suspension or permanent termination of your account. Hotfile will discontinue service to users who repeatedly make such content available or otherwise violate Hotfile’s Terms of Service. Please see Hotfile’s Terms of Service (http://hotfile.com/terms-of-service.html) and its Intellectual Property Policy (http://hotfile.com/ippolicy.html) for more information regarding its repeat infringer policy.
Avoiding Copyright Infringement
The best way to avoid copyright infringement is to obtain the copyright holder’s permission before uploading and sharing, displaying or distributing a copyrighted work.

It is your responsibility to know the laws in your country and to understand what constitutes copyright infringement and the consequences associated with infringement.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright holder (or authorized representative), you may send a notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA as outlined at http://hotfile.com/reportabuse.html.

Copyright Infringement Quiz
Note: You must provide the correct answers to each of the questions above to be reinstated as an Affiliate.

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
I just paid for Wupload premium, which one of my main posters started using today after dropping Hotfile. They accepted my payment through Paypal and sent me an automated notice, telling me that I was entitled to 30 days of service, etc., etc. But my account WILL NOT ACTIVATE and they do not respond to their customer service e-mails. JDownloader's window reads EXACTLY like Filesonic, with SERVER ERROR, RETRY LATER. I still have over a month of Filesonic paid for, but Wupload TOOK MY MONEY TODAY yet apparently offers NO SERVICE. The links show as ONLINE, but all I get is the slow "FREE" connection, not the premium I paid for.

Senior Idol :damnit:

UPDATE: The JDownloader window just changed to INVALID ACCOUNT. Why did I send them money? I can get INVALID for free.

xwizard

Apr 9, 2011
I just paid for Wupload premium, which one of my main posters started using today after dropping Hotfile. They accepted my payment through Paypal and sent me an automated notice, telling me that I was entitled to 30 days of service, etc., etc. But my account WILL NOT ACTIVATE and they do not respond to their customer service e-mails. JDownloader's window reads EXACTLY like Filesonic, with SERVER ERROR, RETRY LATER. I still have over a month of Filesonic paid for, but Wupload TOOK MY MONEY TODAY yet apparently offers NO SERVICE. The links show as ONLINE, but all I get is the slow "FREE" connection, not the premium I paid for.

Have you tried to remove old wupload cookies?
If you have already done so and still doesn't work then try to resolve through Paypal's Dispute Resolution Center. [Here]

And that doesn't get you anywhere then make a claim to Paypal. [Here]