Megaupload not so popular anymore,why?

big_cloud

May 21, 2009
I don't know if this is the right section to post, but megaupload is a non-BT protocol... so.....

I just want to know, it seems that direct download links for megaupload is just getting less and less, people always want rapidshare why is that?

There're alot of older released movies i wanted to download, that're really really slow on BT for downloading, and I don't use torrent often because it lags the whole network in my hosue....

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
It's most likely a $$$ problem.

Websites that offer storage space are usually providing money (or points that can be used to purchase premium accounts, thus winning money) to users, for each time a file is downloaded from them.

rapidshare and hotfile are probably giving more $$$ than megaupload right now.
I think MU has a reward program, but it seems more restricted and complicated to set up.

I personnally prefer MU for the very good download speed, the large file sizes allowed, and the storage reliability.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106589

Read through that and be disgusted really..

I don't know, partially because MU blocks out a lot of foreign countries (mainly the ones that aren't available to BUY a premium account)

But honestly the main reason seems to be that they simply want the 10cents per thousand dl's (or something equally ridiculous) or points towards a free premium account per dl more often then not.

Same reason almost every single link on here was a freaking linkbux for a while sadly..

It is sad, MU and Mediafire are such good services, but because they don't offer any of the pyramid scheme/scam type of stuff they're neglected so much..