McThreeWay

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Oct 6, 2007
This is perhaps a question for Japanese residence or people who happen to visit Japan a lot. While I'm not entirely sure why you'd eat at McDonald's in Japan when you could eat at a ramen shop for approx. the same price, I'm a bit curious about it...

Is the McThreeWay something some white dude made up or is it known by the general public in Japan?

In North America we have the McGangBang (Junior Chicken in between a McDouble) and I heard in Japan they have the McThreeWay. A Burger with a McPork and Shaku Shaku Chicken in between. The purpose is something cheap that will fill your stomach. I was curious and had to try and it does exactly that.

Has anyone tried this...or even heard of it?

The Junior Chicken and McDouble are part of the $1.39 Extra Value Meal (Canada), $1.00 Menu (USA) and the Burger, McPork, and Shaku Shaku Chicken are a part of the 100Y Menu (Japan).

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I've never heard of this. That said I've never heard of the 'McGangBang' before... and I know a lot of people who would talk of that sort of thing. I have a feeling that our buddy made it up, or it's known to a very select few by that name.

Oct 6, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaUnC604quc

This is where I saw it. If you search McGangBang you'll see tons of videos of most people TRYING to ask for it by name, but as far as I know it pisses off the managers (regardless if they know what it is or not). Something clearly made up by Americans but apparently has a following and popularity (both my room mates knew what a McGangBang was).

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I have never heard of a McGangBang before. But why not just eat the sandwiches separately instead of together? After doing a google search on the Shaka Shaka Chicken it doesn't come on a bun. Its like a giant chicken nugget or strip,so it makes a little sense putting that in a pork sandwich. Putting a sandwich inside of another sandwich just seems stupid.

The McDonalds in the US doesn't have MegaMacs, Shrimp Fillet-O, Croquette Burger, McPork, Teriyaki McBurger, Shaka Shaka Chicken, Bacon Potato Pie, Shrimp Thousand-Island Wrap, The Mega Muffin or the Bacon Lettuce Egg Wrap. I would so eat at a Japanese McDonalds if I ever visited Japan.

http://www.brandeating.com/2009/10/spotlight-on-mcdonalds-in-japan.html
http://www.tofugu.com/2008/11/02/the-japanese-mcdonalds-menu-im-actually-lovin-it/

Oct 6, 2007
I figured the Japanese McDonald's would have the Spicy Shanghai Chicken Burger but I guess that is also a Korean exclusive like the Bacon Tomato Deluxe. Funny thing is Korea only got the Quarter Pounder (and Quarter Pounder/Cheese, no double yet) in November 2010. Actually Korea also had the Big Mac Snack Wrap before Canada but they called it the Spicy Beef Snack Wrap and they also have a Spicy Chicken Snap Wrap that doesn't exist in Canada...ahhhh culture is an amazing thing...

The MegaMac is just a double Big Mac, that exists in North America.

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
not sure if most of you people know this or not. but when McDonald's open up in Canada. company in USA did not know big mac means breast in Canada for slag. so when they first open up they sell went threw the roof then drop out for some reason. when they did research they found out why they sold some much and drop off. i live in America and never heard of this McGangBang., only weird food item i know is at in and out burgers we have double double 3x3 or 4x4 or animal which extra on everything so you would ask for 4x4 animal would be double topping which is lettuce tomato onions pickles and sauce. 3x3 is thee times meat and 4x4 4 times meat. or this 3 meat patties 3x3 or 4 patties 4x4.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I've lived in Canada for over 20 years... I've never heard the phrase 'big mac' equates to breasts...

Oct 6, 2007
Exactly Aqua, I've been living in Canada for over 20 years too and Big Mac does NOT mean breast. Big Mac means heart attack.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Perhaps Mr. chrisfallout has some deep knowledge of Newfie regional dialect?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Made me chuckle out loud with that one.