Long delay going from forum list to individual forums

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this: I begin at the long list of forums and then click on--say, perhaps "U-15 Torrents," where I am then stuck with merely the header (Neo-Otaku graphic, RS Ad, "Welcome Back" and "ryushare link reminder" blue boxes) and then things just sit there while Firefox tells me it's "Connecting to www.nogripracing.com." The delay is over a minute, and has happened on every forum I've clicked on from the main forum list.
Once I *get* to a specific forum, no problems whatsoever.

Can anyone else a) confirm this odd behaviour, b) explain why this is happening or simply c) make it stop?
I guess if no-one can do at leasr a), it's time to upgrade my browser...

Reactions: 1 person

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
For starters use the No-Script add-on for Firefox, it is one of if not thee "must have" add-on. Secondly deny script for "nogripracing". I just noticed that script a few days ago and it is likely very new and attached to the Ryushare banner, (I don't know for sure as I have no desire to investigate it), nonetheless it has nothing to do with board performance. Allowing javascript for akiba-online is all that is neccessary (I would deny google-analytics too by the way, it is not neccesary here and performs no function for the users browsing here). This board is slow enough when 3000+ people are browsing here, no sense in slowing it up more by connecting to unnecessary sites and services.

Reactions: 4 people