Large IV covers

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

HaRiNa

Apr 17, 2017
Hi there,
Does anyone know the best place to find large covers of IV's ( not JAV's). I'm talking about 3000px and up dimensions. I've seen some users here post them but i'm having a hard time finding them online.

So far i've found that:
- Amazon.co.jp has some pretty decent sized covers.
- Tokyolily.jp has really large covers. The problem however is that i can only view them in google images search results. If u click on the covers on the site itself, then you get an extremely small sized one.

I'll post more findings soon. If you have a way or a source for getting large covers, then pease share. Thanks!

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
good question, you and me both, most posters do not care what is best, so we do not get a choice, I understand a lower quality for the board, but it would be nice to have a good one in the package

Reactions: Casshern2

HaRiNa

Apr 17, 2017
good question, you and me both, most posters do not care what is best, so we do not get a choice, I understand a lower quality for the board, but it would be nice to have a good one in the package

Yes, i don't mind those smaller sizes either, but as you said sometimes you just want (need:blink:) those really large covers.

The front of an IV cover and the back contain professionally taken photographs. I've been trying to hunt down those pictures for various IV, but man it's really hard finding them.

An example:
Some of photo's shot during Rina nagai's [ LCBD – 00697 ] IV can be found on her profile page at http://www.i-one-net.com/item/921 . But those are small sizes. So i know they exist online, but where to find HQ versions, that's the question!

I have noticed that with newer releases it's easier to find the photo's of an IV. But for those older IV's, a large cover is the closest thing we have to getting those official photo's from the shoot.

I'll keep hunting and updating this thread!

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
Five years on, your best bet is probably straight Google image searches. I would also recommend Yandex as a source although there may be privacy concerns related to that engine.

But for browsing for large covers I would still recommend (in this approximate order for quality):

1. en.xcream.net (typically extra high quality - up to 4K - images for a select few labels)

2. av-channel.com (better selection, typically 1280w images when available)

3. duga.jp (even better selection, usually at 1024w or 1000w)

4. asianscreens.com (good searching tools, wide selection at around 1024w)

5. dmm.co.jp (if available in your region for standard 800w images); javlibrary.com links to DMM for its images as an alternative

Twitter can be a good source if you follow studios/labels.

I would absolutely not use any links to javpop.link from Google image results - these are always low res images (probably 800w upscaled to 1280w). Probably an intentional ploy to attract traffic.

I hesitate to recommend tsutaya-adult.com as well for the same reason. I'd rather have the default 800w image than a larger canvas at the same low quality. This site is hit and miss, mostly miss.

Some of the official studio sites post covers in high res, but not many. Most these days redirect title clicks to DMM, Fanza, R18 or one of the larger distributors.

Last edited:

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
Another tip, be careful when finding some of the higher res covers out there. Some of them are probably new scans for recent digital only releases - they don't have the spine as part of the scan and this often means the code/ID is not displayed anywhere. You might not care, but I'd rather have a worse quality, lower res cover that has the spine.

Last edited:

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
@Casshern2

What did you use to upscale this one? In my experience, fonts and graphics don't do well with AI upscaling when they're too low-res.

Edit: without clicking, I thought the bigger one was the upscale, and the fonts look alright in that, that's why I asked. But after clicking in the smaller one, noticed that that one is the upscale.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
I've noticed that if the cover is around 1000px and above of height, it will produce alright/legible results if it's a good upscaler. Covers that are 1500px tall and above upscale very well. So the problem is only very low-res input (for today's standards), really.