Lack of HD titles as of late

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
I like downloading the HD files to make my own clean, high-quality SD versions. Now there are just SD files that are poor quality even by SD standards, and with very obnoxious watermarks.

I hope that JAV fans do not download these watermarked files. It's just encouraging people to add watermarks... I think Akiba-Online and other websites can take it a step further and prohibit all links to these type of files.

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I like downloading the HD files to make my own clean, high-quality SD versions. Now there are just SD files that are poor quality even by SD standards, and with very obnoxious watermarks.

I hope that JAV fans do not download these watermarked files. It's just encouraging people to add watermarks... I think Akiba-Online and other websites can take it a step further and prohibit all links to these type of files.

that has been suggested before but itwould do more harm than good.

Buttaz

Aug 23, 2015
is quite hard to go back to SD after the FHD, I mean I do still see some FHD scattered around from new releases... but geez, this changed the game... in a bad way.

- buttaz

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
The lack of HD uploads is one thing, I usually don't download those, unless no other choice is available, otherwise I'd already have like 5 external hard drives at this point.

But what's really unforgivable to me is that even the regular SD uploads are particularily shitty as of late. That's not cool.

Reactions: mightyeel

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Is there a listing of JAV titles available in HD?
You mean a list of titles which where produced in HD? Hm, you can search for blueray discs at DMM, for example. They are definitely in HD. But also some titles produced for DVD are available in HD because the streaming version is - for some reason - in HD.

Fisheraaa

Aug 9, 2014
brace-yourself-winter-is-coming.jpg

Reactions: CodeGeek

Gitarooman

Apr 25, 2008
still 1 mkv HD release from the last couple of days, so I assume it was from him. Won't be like before where almost all releases get a HD MKV version.... sad.

Buttaz

Aug 23, 2015
Like Gitarooman said during the golden era of FHD's we would get pretty much mirrored copies of SD and FHD releases a couple of days apart. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what Yipman is doing, but at times still can't grasp the fact that one man in the entire internet holds the key to FHD releases.

- buttaz

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
He doesn't hold "the key" by any means. You do. I do. Everyone does. The key is DMM or R18. All the HD in the world is there if you are willing to pay for it. A more fitting description for Yipman, to use your train of thought, is that he seems to be the one man in the entire internet who is willing pay and buy things so he can get them to the web. No one should think he's finding them where no one else can't...for free.

Buttaz

Aug 23, 2015
I could be wrong but I thought is the DRM that is difficult to crack on the purchased HD contents from dmm or r18? That yipman knew or still knows a way to crack it?

- buttaz

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Not sure anybody can crack the current DRM but there are ways around that. You can just play the video on your computer and use screen capture software to make a new DRM free copy. The problem is that this is slow, a 2 hour movie takes two hours to capture,obviously, and then you probably have to convert it to a smaller file version which could take a long time too.

So you need somebody who is willing to buy the movie and then spend lots of time on it. That's why there are so few out there these days.