Kim Dotcom says Mega offer free 50 Gb per user.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Wokkonno

Wokkonno XP
Jul 15, 2011

The bet is controversial creator of Megaupload of
the strongest that have been made in the Network
in a while, and threatens to sweep the cloud storage
sector, if it is finally confirmed announcements of its
creator, leaving a situation delicate frankly platforms
today are reference, like Dropbox, iCloud or Google
Drive, whose basic versions, free, no offer nowhere
near capacity announcing Dotcom not reaching more
than rare exceptions 5GB.

Megaupload founder, Kim Dotcom, has announced this
week through your account Twitter that the new platform
Mega to replace the defunct Megaupload will be launched
on January 20 at 6:48 am, local time New Zealand

The official website also remains a slogan:
" I promise. Deliver " (referring to that no legal problems
which are ensure accommodation and downloading content).

In this regard, insures that has Dotcom the back
cover from a viewpoint legal for the service could
not be closed.

However, it is inevitable that the worry survival of a
cloud platform that will be in the crosshairs of the
United States and Hollywood and that is certainly
face complaints and reports, as which is difficult to
avoid staying rights-protected content.

Considering what happened with Megaupload be
seen whether users are hesitant to save Mega
important in personal content and not just files
of third parties who want to redistribute and
who are not afraid to lose.

According to the businessman, Jan. 20, in addition
to the platform launch, there will be a press
conference at the " Dotcom Mansion " to present
Mega, noon.

That day will have to answer many answers.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Is the file manager's source code open?
I didn't see anything mentioned about that on the site. I think someone has Kim by the balls.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I think someone has Kim by the balls.

Kim is actually doing some pretty impressive things and has governments on their heels and has embarassed many of his antaganists. I am cheering for him. I do not think he is the type to buck under any type of pressure and has a nice staff of lawyers and advisors. Go Mega!
picture.php

hmaulwurf88

Oct 2, 2011
bare in mind mr. schmitz only has it's own interests in mind and that's mostly money. he's not a political activist.

but go ahead. until this is shut down as well. :)

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Kim is actually doing some pretty impressive things and has governments on their heels and has embarrassed many of his antaganists. I am cheering for him. I do not think he is the type to buck under any type of pressure and has a nice staff of lawyers and advisers. Go Mega!
It's a game of cat and mouse right now, and the gov is the cat. Kim is not the mouse. (The people who use his services are).
No one has any gov on their heels.

If the software code is not open, no matter what the politics you resist the tug of popular sentiment. Looks like the encryption code is open, that's really great!, but what about the client software itself? You're probably right, and I have read the complete Kim-Dot story and he does "seem" on top of his game. But what about all the other dozens of story's we don't get to read. Even if his software is credible today, who is to say a future client update whon't make it not so credible? We are all speculators and always will be for the future is always unknown. Interesting news though.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
1) Open a file sharing website

2) Allow storing pr0n

3) Profit

4) Plus all the free pr0n is yours too. :pandalaugh:

Jul 1, 2009
Too bad Mega has decided to treat everyone not using Google Chrome like a moron.

Websites that work in only one browser are so 20th century. :gayprance:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Why haven't people use Mega as download links?

Great fucking question. I search for titles on the net from time to time and Mega links have not come up...not even once.

Jul 1, 2009
I actually saw Mega links in a thread here yesterday but I admit I can't find it.

In any case this is what you see if you click a Mega link and aren't using Chrome.

:scared:

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I actually saw Mega links in a thread here yesterday but I admit I can't find it.

In any case this is what you see if you click a Mega link and aren't using Chrome.

I've tried a couple mega links that worked just fine in firefox. What browser were you using at the time?

I'd also like to echo the sentiment that hopefully people will start posting more mega links on AO. The service does seem to work very well (provided that your only incentive to share isn't making a quick buck off referrals or whatnot).

asylum09

Nov 23, 2009
I've tried a couple mega links that worked just fine in firefox. What browser were you using at the time?

Basically this. I rarely use anything except Firefox and have no trouble utilizing it on Mega. I don't know why you'd be getting that error unless it was something added just the other day.

Jul 1, 2009
I figured it out.

I use Linux and Adobe stopped releasing new version of the Linux Flash plugin a while back. Mega detects the old plugin and complains.

Google releases new Flash versions for Linux bundled with Chrome, but they use a different plugin system called PPAPI that the other browsers can't make use of.

JDownloader lets me get Mega links so I just use that.

moorglade

Sunset-Sky
Nov 1, 2007

:scared:

I got an error message in Opera saying the address was closed by a remote server.When I used IE I got the same message about installing google chrome and making it my default browser.Talk about forced advertising.:distressed:

Flammz

Jun 2, 2012
I got an error message in Opera saying the address was closed by a remote server.When I used IE I got the same message about installing google chrome and making it my default browser.Talk about forced advertising.:distressed:

It does work with firefox, but all big files (can't remember how big, 100MB+ I think?) it says "to download this big file, please upgrade to chrome".

Above it says JDownloader can download from MEGA though, so that's an easy fix.