Kim Dotcom Refuses to Give Up Passwords

ardo

Mar 2, 2010
Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom is demanding access to 135 computers and hard drives that were seized from his home in January, so the data can be used for his defense. Until then, he refuses to give up passwords to encrypted data stored on the machines.

[Dotcom's] lawyer argued that the data is needed... not only to fight the extradition, but also to show that “excessive police action’ was used during the raid. The raid was captured by CCTV data which is stored on the computers in question.

The FBI, however, is objecting to the data handover because some of the files are encrypted. Megaupload’s founder is refusing to hand over the passwords to these files before he’s guaranteed access to the data himself...

http://torrentfreak.com/megauploads-kim-dotcom-refuses-to-give-up-passwords-120523/

During the hearing Dotcom and his legal team also learned that the data stored on the computers has already been sent to the U.S. authorities. Previously the court had offered assurances that this would not happen without prior warning.

Davison responded to these revelations by saying that the process was “off the rails” and that the rights of Megaupload’s founder have been “subverted”.

The hearings had an emotional affect on the Megaupload founder. When his lawyer recalled how Dotcom was “ripped from his family” in January in a raid which may not have been legitimate, he had to wipe tears from his eyes.

dotcom.jpg

Whether Megaupload will have to defend itself in the U.S. is still uncertain. Last month Judge O’Grady informed the FBI that a trial in the United States may never happen because it is impossible to serve a foreign company with criminal charges.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Thread moved to "Chatterbox" forum.

teenytinydik

Nov 24, 2008
I'd cry too if my private jets and yachts and Mclaren cars were being taken away from me. Not to mention my huge mansions and boatloads of willing teenage girls..and mountains of cash.. :scared:

Bedlam66

Mar 1, 2007
I'd cry too if my private jets and yachts and Mclaren cars were being taken away from me. Not to mention my huge mansions and boatloads of willing teenage girls..and mountains of cash..

Someone needs to give us Mountains of cash and then threaten to take it away so we know how he feels :p

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
I'd cry too if my private jets and yachts and Mclaren cars were being taken away from me. Not to mention my huge mansions and boatloads of willing teenage girls..and mountains of cash.. :scared:

I cry for you Argentina.. :joker: