JW Player downloads

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
Can someone help with downloads from streaming sites that use the JW Player? Every time I try to download, all I get is a 219mb file and none of the download helpers seem to work. There are some good titles out there that i would like to to download, but sites like tanix.net and japanhub.net won't allow me to do this. Any help would be appreciated- using FireFox 45.9.0 on OS X Sierra (Chrome won't play the files at all while FireFox will play but not download).

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
jdownloader2 worked fine for me with tanix.

I copied the webpage link for the movie, manually clicked the Add New Links in jdownloader, chose the mp4 in the list of files since it detects all the images and stuff on the webpage and added to download list.

Reactions: bluearp

bluearp

Mar 31, 2013
jdownloader2 worked fine for me with tanix.

I copied the webpage link for the movie, manually clicked the Add New Links in jdownloader, chose the mp4 in the list of files since it detects all the images and stuff on the webpage and added to download list.
May I ask how you got jd2 to download successfully from tanix? It keeps stopping with a server error every 15-30 mins then restarts from 0%.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Didn't so anything special, just exactly what I described. Only tried on 1 file though, I'm not interested in such low quality.

Larecjv

Seriously Weird
Nov 2, 2007
You can download from japanhub using a firefox addon called Video Downloadhelper, just search for it on the firefox addon page. But it is a bit tricky to download, first you must play the video a bit so that the addon can grab the file, then you reload the page and try to download, if you end up with a 300 byte file then you must reload the page again. It can take a few tries but eventually you will be downloading the file. You will not get a good download speed but it should be downloaded in 1-2 hours depending on the lenght of the JAV.

bluearp

Mar 31, 2013
Didn't so anything special, just exactly what I described. Only tried on 1 file though, I'm not interested in such low quality.
Do you remember what the file size might've been? I'm thinking it was small enough, you could've finished downloading it before the server reset/timed out or whatever.

You can download from japanhub using a firefox addon called Video Downloadhelper, just search for it on the firefox addon page. But it is a bit tricky to download, first you must play the video a bit so that the addon can grab the file, then you reload the page and try to download, if you end up with a 300 byte file then you must reload the page again. It can take a few tries but eventually you will be downloading the file. You will not get a good download speed but it should be downloaded in 1-2 hours depending on the lenght of the JAV.
I just tried japanhub, but I can't even play them. I just get an error message after clicking play.

Larecjv

Seriously Weird
Nov 2, 2007
"I just tried japanhub, but I can't even play them. I just get an error message after clicking play."

Just keep hitting that F5 button, eventually it will play. It takes me several tries to initiate a download or even play the video.

Reactions: CoolKevin

bluearp

Mar 31, 2013
"I just tried japanhub, but I can't even play them. I just get an error message after clicking play."

Just keep hitting that F5 button, eventually it will play. It takes me several tries to initiate a download or even play the video.
I must've tried over a dozen times, but still getting that error.

Larecjv

Seriously Weird
Nov 2, 2007
I must've tried over a dozen times, but still getting that error.

Try to use the site when there's less traffic, it's currently evening in Asia so there's likely more traffic at the moment. I have found that at certain times it just wont play, then i wait a few hours and most of the times that helps.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Do you remember what the file size might've been? I'm thinking it was small enough, you could've finished downloading it before the server reset/timed out or whatever.

Pretty big actually, 725MB.

But I tried again today with another one and I'm getting the same problem as you. Guess I got lucky the first time.

bluearp

Mar 31, 2013
Pretty big actually, 725MB.

But I tried again today with another one and I'm getting the same problem as you. Guess I got lucky the first time.
Ahh, shame I missed the boat. I can't even finish a 300MB file. Do you also remember if you had good dl speeds? I was maxing out at 200KB/s even though my isp can handle a lot more.

Thanks, I'll try again later during calmer times.

Last edited:

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
The only way I have found to download from sites like japanhub, etc using JWPlayer, is to utilize quicktime. The problem is you have to download in real time and its quite laborious. You play the selected movie,launch quicktime player and select new screen recording, click on the record button and you can either record the whole screen or just drag your mouse over the screen playback area. In addition, at least on a Mac, you have to download the Soundflower audio application which allows you to record audio while in the screen capture mode, and select Soundflower 2ch. As I said, it is quite time consuming and a real pain. Once recorded, you quite quicktime and save to a desired location. The real drawback besided the realtime recording is you also capture those annoying video ads that are on each page of those sites. The only benefit is that you can find some hard to get titles that are nowhere else on the web except for R18.com.
Larecjv I will try your method, but I don't think it will work for me, but worth a try. I have had the same problem that
bluearp has had. If anyone else, can add, I would appreciate it as I said there are some very hard to find titles on these JWPlayer sites.