JULIA: fans or foes

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Continuing my quest to start or support sustainable threads for each top idols... I presents my personal long time fav

JULIA (yeah all caps).

Why do I love her? Tits! What else?! Well one more thing she has, she does make (slightly) more interesting vids than the top top idols. Perhaps it's a more interesting, second-to-top studio, Moodyz, than S1. Well I admire her choice of studios.

E.g. this is one of the best AV series, Public Bath Servant (not to be confused with an onsen, a hot spring resort). Aimi Yoshikawa in that series is an absolute all time best AV. Noticing JULIA will star the next one is almost enough to make me lose it... It's at least enough to make me finally start a thread for her.

MIDE-495.jpg

I will add more posts later. Now I just want to bounce this out (boin) and hope to attract some posts.

Including foes. Contrarian views are welcome in my threads. But I hope everyone will stay civil and try to make your posts interesting. E.g. if you want to dis her, then share some pix/clips of someone (prefer specific scenes that are comparable) else who's better.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
I'm more her fans, she not my top favorites but I do like her, she is good enough

she is great if compare to "celebs" such as yua mikami, ecc

Reactions: TGWM

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
She seems to have a pretty toned body and that's usually something that I really like. Not really a fan or a foe. Kind of a meh, if I like the theme (fan thanksgiving as an ex) I'll probably grab it because she's a good performer. I just don't follow her closely and I can't give you a reason like "Julia sucks" or "vanilla themes" or anything like that. She's good. I watch some of her stuff. That's it.

Now if she was to resurrect the 出会って速攻、女優の方から襲いかかる生中出しSEX series and put in a decent performance, I would forever be a huge fan. Anyone who does that and puts in a good performance, I become a fan.

Public baths (and onsen) themes are usually pretty good so maybe I'll give it a go when it gets released.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
I like Julia because of her body. A lot of girls with big boobs don't have a good lower body (Anri Okita, Kaho Shibuya, ...), so she already stands out. Doing vanilla movies with Moodyz produce better vanilla products than S1, as they have more various themes. It's the same with Shouko Takahashi, I skip far less movies than Yua Mikami (S1).

Julia also has a very charming personnality on camera and she smiles a lot. At first, I was a bit disappointed because she seemed to avoid facials but that point changed with her recent releases I think.

Reactions: TGWM

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I'm neutral. Sometimes I watch a few of her videos but apart from a few exceptions they are all the same. On one hand this makes me get bored with her easily, on the other hand it makes her consistent in a way so I always know what to expect and never disappoints when I'm in the mood to watch her.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
There's something seriously wrong with all of you if you don't think Julia is one of the greatest things ever.
Everyone has different tastes. For example, there are guys who prefer more hardcore movies, don't care about the body shape, so they will probably not be interested in Julia. But I'm sure even if some don't like her, I'm sure every jav fan knows at least her name. It's like Sora Aoi, Yuma Asami, Hitomi or Ai Uehara, those are the names every jav enthusiast knows.

firefly1

Jan 7, 2014
I want to like her, but her performance is too tame. Her boobs have also deflated with age

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
she has a nice body, never liked any of her performances and still really don't but if the theme interest me i'll check it out, I mainly liked her earlier work

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
I want to like her, but her performance is too tame. Her boobs have also deflated with age
Natural thing. They are dropping a bit, but they are still really fine and far from being around her navel like Kaho Shibuya, it looks horrible in that case.

Handsome Pete

Sep 4, 2010
She's an all-time favorite. Incredible tits and body and I find myself keeping several of her videos every year. A couple faves:
pppd297pl.jpg

mide163pl.jpg

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
She looks good. Long, curvy body. If she did anal or bukkake I would definitely watch her. But even simple facial is hard to find.

I prefer actress like Kaho Shibuya who really enjoys sex. And there were big breasted girls in the past like Nayuka Mine, Koharu, Azusa Nagasawa who also had no boundaries. Julia lacks the same enthusiasm. "One of the greatest things ever"? Sorry I am skeptical.

MIDE-163 looks okay though. Maybe if I am desperate I will try that one.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
I prefer actress like Kaho Shibuya who really enjoys sex. And there were big breasted girls in the past like Nayuka Mine, Koharu, Azusa Nagasawa who also had no boundaries.
I like Azusa Nagasawa. Her anal movies seem to be kinda rapey so I will probably never watch them, but she has many good movies beside that, not to mention her angel face and gorgeous smile.

Restrepo

Jul 7, 2015
I'm fine with her, if not super interested. & I'm a boob man...I just find her, yeah, a bit time I guess. Certainly less boring than...what's her name. There's perfect example of how boring she is to watch, can't even recall her name. We have a thread here where people pretty much just argue if she's awful or not, if that helps.

I dunno, as I said, definitely a boob guy, but there are ladies like Aimi who are good performers, TIA who is incredibly fun to watch, and then you have Miharu Honoka who is literally down for anything...NAOMI (who I think is a fine performer, but her titles are sadly vanilla, they need to cast her in something with a story/kink), etc. Several other big boobed ladies I like that I'm forgetting.

I don't usually find time for JULIA due to this, but I'll be sure to give this bath title a look.

I digress but @ding73ding, which title is the bathhouse one w/ Aimi? Not sure I've seen that particular title despite having a bunch of her stuff, seems some serious research time is due.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Not only you, in fact it took me more than 5 minutes to recall/rediscover exactly which vid it was.

SDDE-456 明るい笑顔!たぷたぷの胸!ヌキあり!で下半身を癒してくれる銭湯の看板娘
SDDE-456.jpg

Ok you might complain it's a diff studio and series. Well technically you be right. SDDE is SOD, this vid is Moodyz MIDE, the Japanese titles also don't share enough words/phrase to say the Aimi one and JULIA one are the same series.

But the two covers share so much (color scheme, and design motifs and wordings phrasings... I am 90% sure MIDE-495 will model very closely to SDDE-456's pattern. I think there was at least one more vid in this particular genre/series, but I can't remember it now.

Anyway it's very valid point to compare/contrast Aimi and JULIA. Both have similar body type and proportion, particularly the word busty alone isn't specific enough. E.g. Hitomi (and maybe Kaho Shibuya) are of the "mega" (size is champ, some amount of droop is natural and desirable, at least according to their fans). More common in US are the mega+antigravity, or what I call rubberized: huge but don't sag at all, so actually look extremely unnatural. Asahi Mizuno and Mao Hamazaki are also of the busty type, but they look relatively common, very beautiful very attractive, but not the kind that knock you over with a single glance. There's even a tiny gap between Rion and Aimi/JULIA. Rion's figure is even more knock-out type. Most men, I would say, would see Rion's figure as a religious experience. Or some kind of CGI perfectness come to life(fantasy). Aimi/JULIA's figures are just a hair below that. As close as possible to Godly, or Goddessly, but still real enough.

Ha... there I go, writing a whole paragraph just to talk about different kinds or grades/busty... I was saying comparing Aimi with JULIA:

They have the same body type, they both have pretty, but not heavenly beautiful faces. But more important (to me) than beauty is distinctive features. Both of them have very very easy to recognize faces. I could ID Julia if most of her face is covered up and only shown say half of mouth, an eye or just a jaw line. Not to mention her unique nose. Same of Aimi, you can put her in next to other women even more beautiful than her, but Aimi would be the easiest to identify. That matters to me, because I am not good at recognizing faces, having a distinct face is more endearing to me than a beautiful one.

Then ok the difference, Aimi does many many more hardcore vids than Julia. Esp. orgy, gangbang, S&M, Aimi's range is much larger. That's that, I won't dwell on it.

But if we compare the same types of vids by Aimi and Julia, their altitude to the sex, the scene or the vid is very very similar. Fine, JULIA may be a cum-dodger (I leave that to future debate). But they way she do the cocksucking, handjob, cowgirl, cartwheel etc etc. Including the pre-sex foreplay, all that more subtle things. I think both of them are extremely enjoyable to watch. I feel what sets them apart from other top idols is professionalism. I mean I don't feel that when they fuck on screen, they are doing satisfying their own desires, but they come to it as a performer, now what do I do to satisfy the fans the agent/studio, the director. The issue with Rion (the unforgettable figure but forgettable performer) is that it seems she just disconnected her mind from her body and engage in sex (or allow sex to be performed on her body) with a "tell me when it's over" look.

With Aimi and JULIA, they also engage in the sex without their mind totally in it. Especially obvious is Aimi in any sub role (S&M), she can fake being r***ing and tortured and abused for the camera and as soon as the camera is off, she switch off her performance mode and return to her mildly playful, proud of her body, proud of her slutty self. I have not seen JULIA's behind-the-scene footage. But I imagine she can be doing a passive, being-fucked shot but actually very mindful of the camera angle and how she moves or being moved. Something like "hey, director, should I turn my shoulder up more or back more so that the camera can capture my swinging tits better when I'm being fucked that way?"

She seems to be the very deliberate/motivated kind of sex performer. So even in the type of genre vids that I like least: soapland, brothel, delivery health (any kind of real world sex-for-pay service). Even in those vids, she is unique that she can bring me a little joy to watching the vid. Because she seems to be genuinely trying to give pleasure to the customer. I.e. professionalism.

Reactions: avoltaire

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
Everyone has different tastes. For example, there are guys who prefer more hardcore movies, don't care about the body shape, so they will probably not be interested in Julia. But I'm sure even if some don't like her, I'm sure every jav fan knows at least her name. It's like Sora Aoi, Yuma Asami, Hitomi or Ai Uehara, those are the names every jav enthusiast knows.
For Americans, it's either the very Asian looking to them like Asa akira and Marcia hase. R18 also only invited big eyes and mixed/mixed looking girls like anri okita, Julia, etc to Las Vegas every January.