JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
Something I could use help with: my collection is not stored on one single drive. Is there a way to manage that in JavLuv?

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Another question: I'm trying to update my collection with no covers (a lot of the FC and caribbean stuff). Yet when I click the movie and where the cover is supposed to be, it doesn't give me option to import a cover. Is there any way to import a cover?
You should also be able to do it from the browser view (right click on thumbnail) if you show advanced options in settings.

Reactions: TacoBelmont

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Something I could use help with: my collection is not stored on one single drive. Is there a way to manage that in JavLuv?

JavLuv can store movies on different drives, but some features like auto-renaming and moving won't work, as it requires a common root location. Just make sure the paths are unique across drives. But there's currently no way to determine if you're swapping drives out which movies are available.

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
JavLuv can store movies on different drives, but some features like auto-renaming and moving won't work, as it requires a common root location. Just make sure the paths are unique across drives. But there's currently no way to determine if you're swapping drives out which movies are available.
That's too bad. I've got Eric's Movie Database for mainstream cinema stuff and that one understands drives... this is really a missing feature.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Is there a way to add the studio code into the folder structure when moving files? Like putting all IPVR titles into the IPVR folder and SIVR titles into SIVR folder and so forth.

Library getting a bit too extensive, would be neater to have further sorting.[/code]

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Is there a way to add the studio code into the folder structure when moving files? Like putting all IPVR titles into the IPVR folder and SIVR titles into SIVR folder and so forth.

Library getting a bit too extensive, would be neater to have further sorting.[/code]

Studio name is supported, but not ID prefix.

Ryokurin

May 11, 2007
Is there anyway to disable JavBus identification? The majority of what I'm downloading nowadays is getting tagged from there, and I see that it's broken now from a previous post.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
@TmpGuy , just a quick thank you note. During the weekend I used JavLuv to sort my subtitles. It was such a breeze. Saved me a lot of time and headache. Thanks man !!!

PS. I'm amazed how fast it identifies the language. Well done, a very useful feature!

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Has anyone come across the error message: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path2" ? What does it mean and how to work around it? I have tried to rename or move files to get rid of the error but not successful.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Has anyone come across the error message: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path2" ? What does it mean and how to work around it? I have tried to rename or move files to get rid of the error but not successful.

That's an annoying bug if JavLuv gets into a bad state after failing to move a movie. For example, if you try to move something while the movie is open, or a movie was imported without setting a title (which can happen if it doesn't find metadata).

To fix it, you'll need to remove the movie in question and re-add it.

Reactions: mei2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Is there anyway to disable JavBus identification? The majority of what I'm downloading nowadays is getting tagged from there, and I see that it's broken now from a previous post.
Yeah, been super busy at work, so not a lot of spare time. I'll remove JavBus scraping when I get a chance.

Reactions: Moxy

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
it would be so so nice if there was a possibility to select all movies, import all subtitle from the sorted folder into the movie folders and rename subtitle same as the movie. I must be dreaming :)

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Just a update @TmpGuy

Im at 6048 movies now and its still running perfect except a misbehaving scraper (Javbus I think). Is there no way to add them to a text file (Cfg) so they can be amended by the user? or is that not possible.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
it would be so so nice if there was a possibility to select all movies, import all subtitle from the sorted folder into the movie folders and rename subtitle same as the movie. I must be dreaming :)

The reason I haven't done that is that it's pretty common to have duplicate subtitles, so there would need to be a strategy for allowing you to pick whatever is the "best" subtitles. So for now, you have to export everything to a folder and eliminate any duplicates for yourself. It's just an extra step for now - but the process is admittedly a bit obtuse.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Just a update @TmpGuy

Im at 6048 movies now and its still running perfect except a misbehaving scraper (Javbus I think). Is there no way to add them to a text file (Cfg) so they can be amended by the user? or is that not possible.

It's certainly possible to do that eventually. But I'll try to get JavBus removed in the short term. Sorry for the lack of maintenance patch to do this... just haven't have a lot of extra time.

Reactions: Moxy

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
It's certainly possible to do that eventually. But I'll try to get JavBus removed in the short term. Sorry for the lack of maintenance patch to do this... just haven't have a lot of extra time.
I think I speak for everyone when I say this and thats Thank You for even making the App in the first place cause its saved me so many hours over the time ive used it and it works perfectly so far except a few niggles (Minor bugs)

The only way I can see a weakness is like I said, the scrapers not being manually editable but I only ever programmed in Basic when I was much younger and so Im not sure exactly whats needed. Did you use Python? I could probably adapt to python but Im getting on :) . So obviously your work is much much more important and I am extremely grateful that we even have Javluv.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I think I speak for everyone when I say this and thats Thank You for even making the App in the first place cause its saved me so many hours over the time ive used it and it works perfectly so far except a few niggles (Minor bugs)
You're welcome. I'm glad people find it useful.

The only way I can see a weakness is like I said, the scrapers not being manually editable but I only ever programmed in Basic when I was much younger and so Im not sure exactly whats needed. Did you use Python? I could probably adapt to python but Im getting on :) . So obviously your work is much much more important and I am extremely grateful that we even have Javluv.

It was written in C#, and uses WPF UI library. It's open source, so you can see how everything works if anyone wants to take the time to dig into the code.
https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv

Example: here's the code for the web scraper:
https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/blob/main/src/WebScraper/Scraper.cs

I'll try to remember to set aside a bit of time to update JavLuv this weekend.

Reactions: Moxy and mei2

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Actually I could definitely adapt to that language, seems not that hard to wrap my head around since ive been at it for many years but using python/basic and such. I love how you are a real programmer and use reminders (Was a Rem statement when I was younger)

I used to find a lot of peoples code hard to follow as they never wrote notes that explained what was going on.

Thanks for sharing that, didn't thing of looking at the code on Gitgub :)

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
In the subtitle sort folder, how come that it startet to get files what are not in the folders but in main folder same as on the picture. Also what is the difference from copy and move when you are sorting ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    716.6 KB · Views: 8