JavLuv JAV Browser

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I think I've mentioned before that it would be nice to visually see in my collection JAV that is hard-subtitled and/or uncensored. I realize there may not be a field for uncensored. SexTb does a nice job.
Screenshot (52).png

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I think I've mentioned before that it would be nice to visually see in my collection JAV that is hard-subtitled and/or uncensored. I realize there may not be a field for uncensored. SexTb does a nice job.
View attachment 3398123

Yeah, I like that method of showing custom tags. What do they do with multiple tags, though?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Yeah, I like that method of showing custom tags. What do they do with multiple tags, though?
Good question. How about if a movie is uncensored it shows ups in the top right-hand corner and if it's subtitled it shows up in the bottom left corner? Or both.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Good question. How about if a movie is uncensored it shcws ups in the top right-hand corner and if it's subtitled it shows up in the bottom left corner? Or both.

I was kind of hoping there was a system of showing arbitrary numbers of tags, not just two, which seems pretty limiting. Well, will give it some thought.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Sorry to irritate you again with Kodi, @TmpGuy But it seams the only way to get Kodi to load the subtitles automatically is when they are in the same folder as the movie and they are named the same as the movie EXP : Movie name (2006).srt or what ever type. Is all described in Kodi subtitles Wiki. https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles

And as JavLuv so nicely is doing this with Move and Rename function for the movies should it maybe be easy to do it for the subtitles. It doesn't matter where they are located so why not together in the movie folder. Other wise i need to do it one by one now for all the movies, please give me an easy solution.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
@TmpGuy here is a picture of the many folders what are created. folders 2-4 are empty

Attachments

• error in javluv with multible same folders.JPG
    error in javluv with multible same folders.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 33

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Sorry to irritate you again with Kodi, @TmpGuy But it seams the only way to get Kodi to load the subtitles automatically is when they are in the same folder as the movie and they are named the same as the movie EXP : Movie name (2006).srt or what ever type. Is all described in Kodi subtitles Wiki. https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles

And as JavLuv so nicely is doing this with Move and Rename function for the movies should it maybe be easy to do it for the subtitles. It doesn't matter where they are located so why not together in the movie folder. Other wise i need to do it one by one now for all the movies, please give me an easy solution.

Subtitles are automatically named the same as the movie files and are stored in the same folder. You may be fooled by the Subtitle storage folder, which is just a way of managing and sorting many subtitles, but these are not associated with any movies. You can right-click and import subtitles, or rescan files if they're in the proper folder. You'll see an icon appear below the movie cover image if JavLuv is managing subtitles for that movie, like in this post: https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/javluv-jav-browser.2058398/

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Subtitles are automatically named the same as the movie files and are stored in the same folder. You may be fooled by the Subtitle storage folder, which is just a way of managing and sorting many subtitles, but these are not associated with any movies. You can right-click and import subtitles, or rescan files if they're in the proper folder. You'll see an icon appear below the movie cover image if JavLuv is managing subtitles for that movie, like in this post: https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/javluv-jav-browser.2058398/
i am sorry, i dont get it, i tryed several things now and still dont get it to work. I must be have something wrong in settings. i cant find the import subtitles when right click. please do you have little bit more detailed. sorry again.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 40

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
i am sorry, i dont get it, i tryed several things now and still dont get it to work. I must be have something wrong in settings. i cant find the import subtitles when right click. please do you have little bit more detailed. sorry again.

Sorry, it's not very intuitive, but you need to go to the details page, and right click on the image cover. I should really add that to the browser right-click ment as well, I suppose.

The other way you can enable subtitles is just by choosing Rescan Files, and it should find the subtitles.

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Hi tmpguy i am having issues using concatenate movies function, whenever I select a part it just keeps that one and not the prior selection, I tried all kinds of click combinations and looked at wiki. So the process is I navigate to the directory and filter on the movie id, then select part1 in the popup and click open. Part1 shows up in concat panel, then go back to select parts and pick part2 but part 1 disappears

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Hello I think the JavBus api is broken, it throws an error when it does not find the Movie ID, now instead of defaulting to to the file name it shows partial error message

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi tmpguy i am having issues using concatenate movies function, whenever I select a part it just keeps that one and not the prior selection, I tried all kinds of click combinations and looked at wiki. So the process is I navigate to the directory and filter on the movie id, then select part1 in the popup and click open. Part1 shows up in concat panel, then go back to select parts and pick part2 but part 1 disappears
You should be able to either drag-select all the movies with the mouse, or use CTRL-click to select them all.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hello I think the JavBus api is broken, it throws an error when it does not find the Movie ID, now instead of defaulting to to the file name it shows partial error message

Yeah, just went to the JavBus site and it doesn't look like it did previously. I might have to remove the scraper for that site. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reactions: bestbuy

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Sorry, it's not very intuitive, but you need to go to the details page, and right click on the image cover. I should really add that to the browser right-click ment as well, I suppose.

The other way you can enable subtitles is just by choosing Rescan Files, and it should find the subtitles.
Hi. When i go to detailed page and right click cover and import subtitle i must select the file name. this way the 3 small dots come up. How to i do this for all movies and only select the folder.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi. When i go to detailed page and right click cover and import subtitle i must select the file name. this way the 3 small dots come up. How to i do this for all movies and only select the folder.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but there's no way to bulk import subtitles. However, if you already have subtitles in the appropriate folder, the second option I listed will also ensure JavLuv sees them (scanning files).

There are also some options for managing collections subtitles in order to help match them up with your own movies, but the description is kind of complex, and I've described it elsewhere. It's a bit of a manual process because there are a lot of duplicate subtitles, and there's no practical way for an algorithm to choose which one is the best one for a given movie.

If you have a collection of subtitles like this:
Subtitles.V6.zip (443.4 Mb)

JavLuv can search through them, find matches with all of your movies, and output the results in a folder. It'll be up to you to import them one at a time though.

Reactions: mei2

TacoBelmont

Dec 21, 2020
You know, I've gotten to play around with the browser more, and really thank you for this. It's amazing to see the actress/movie and then play the movie all in one go. This is a really great solution for jav.

Reactions: Moxy and TmpGuy

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
You know, I've gotten to play around with the browser more, and really thank you for this. It's amazing to see the actress/movie and then play the movie all in one go. This is a really great solution for jav.
Yeah it automated by OCD with my Jav collection which hit the milestone of 6k movies yesterday :)

TacoBelmont

Dec 21, 2020
Another question: I'm trying to update my collection with no covers (a lot of the FC and caribbean stuff). Yet when I click the movie and where the cover is supposed to be, it doesn't give me option to import a cover. Is there any way to import a cover?