JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
How to do when the app says "Unable to find online metadata for xxxxx" but i can find it online. can i direct it to that site ?

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
How to do when the app says "Unable to find online metadata for xxxxx" but i can find it online. can i direct it to that site ?
It depends on the scraper. We cannot manually tell it which sites to use (Yet) but you can download the image and right click where the empty DVD cover should be and select add. All the other info has to be manually added if for actress but some films it will never find im afraid which is not a fault of Javluv.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
In the subtitle sort folder, how come that it startet to get files what are not in the folders but in main folder same as on the picture. Also what is the difference from copy and move when you are sorting ?

That doesn't look properly sorted. I'd try resorting that folder. Maybe try move them out of that folder to a different folder first?

The difference between copy and move is that copy will leave the original source files in place. Move will move them to the final destination.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

You can't. Each site has a different way of displaying info, so each site's scraper needs to be hand-coded. In some cases, due to the heavy use of Javascript or other technical issues, I'm unable to write a scraper at all. If you see a site that you think JavLuv should scrape, let me know and I'll consider it.

Here are some of the sites under consideration: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues/45

Reactions: Moxy and mei2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
For movies, JavLuv scrapes:
* JavLibrary.com
* JavDatabase.com
* JavRave.club
* Jav.guru
* Jav.land
* JavSeen.tv

For actresses, JavLuv scrapes:
* JavDatabase.com
* JavModel.com
* JavBody.com
* JavRave.club

Reactions: Nsan and bestbuy

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
It depends on the scraper. We cannot manually tell it which sites to use (Yet) but you can download the image and right click where the empty DVD cover should be and select add. All the other info has to be manually added if for actress but some films it will never find im afraid which is not a fault of Javluv.
How can i add it manually when i cant see the empty dvd cover ? when it says " Unable to find online metadata for BFHD-81 " it dosent show, but yest if it would show a empty box i could manually add the cover.
It also seams the Javluv wont recognice mkv files.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 3

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
How can i add it manually when i cant see the empty dvd cover ? when it says " Unable to find online metadata for BFHD-81 " it dosent show, but yest if it would show a empty box i could manually add the cover.
It also seams the Javluv wont recognice mkv files.

I'm aware that it's not real intuitive to import movies into JavLuv manually. Hopefully I can do something about that someday.

For now, you do have the following option:
1710880345519.png

Once the movie has been added, you can manually edit all the metadata, including title, ID, etc. All of the display fields in the movie detail view are editable. If you can't find the movie you just added, try sorting by "Recently Added", which sorts those recently added movies from top to bottom (newest at the top).

As far as the cover... in Settings, make sure Show Advanced Options is checked.
1710881031014.png
Then you can right-click on any thumbnail, and you'll have an option to replace the cover image.

The other option is in the detail page, you can typically right-click where the image usually is and import a new cover.

Last edited:

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
Something really useful would be an exclusion of the "System Volume Information" folder when scanning a drive. Even better, excluding all hidden folders ised by Windows...

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Something really useful would be an exclusion of the "System Volume Information" folder when scanning a drive. Even better, excluding all hidden folders ised by Windows...
I'm not sure I understand. JavLuv lets you pick just the folder you want to scan. I guess in theory you could pick an entire drive, and scan all subfolder, but... why would you do that?

Last edited:

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
I'm not sure I understand. JavLuv lets you pick just the folder you want to scan. I guess in theory you could pick an entire drive, and scan all subfolder, but... why would you do that?
I have a drive dedicated to JAV videos. The bulk of the movies goes there, at root level. Am I to understand that I should, instead, create a main folder and then add subfolders in there instead? I'm not too comfortable with the "all eggs in the same folder" approach.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I have a drive dedicated to JAV videos. The bulk of the movies goes there, at root level. Am I to understand that I should, instead, create a main folder and then add subfolders in there instead? I'm not too comfortable with the "all eggs in the same folder" approach.

If the movies are at the root level, you should be able to uncheck "Scan in subfolders" to avoid deeper, irrelevant scans. Does that help you?

Edit: although, I guess if you're organizing movies in folders off the root folder, that's not going to help. Re-reading your description, it sounds like that might be the case. I should also remember that rescanning your entire collection makes more sense if you're not using automatic move/renaming feature.

Time and time again, I'm surprised by how different people organize their libraries. You'd think I'd learn to stop making assumptions by now.

Last edited:

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
If the movies are at the root level, you should be able to uncheck "Scan in subfolders" to avoid deeper, irrelevant scans. Does that help you?

Edit: although, I guess if you're organizing movies in folders off the root folder, that's not going to help. Re-reading your description, it sounds like that might be the case. I should also remember that rescanning your entire collection makes more sense if you're not using automatic move/renaming feature.

Time and time again, I'm surprised by how different people organize their libraries. You'd think I'd learn to stop making assumptions by now.
I'll have to make do. Still, I think that making it so Javluv ignores any system folder that might make an error pop up would make it more nimble and adaptable to specific cases. This way, the "scan subfolders" would never get hampered. I like the idea of scanning subfolders...

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I'll have to make do. Still, I think that making it so Javluv ignores any system folder that might make an error pop up would make it more nimble and adaptable to specific cases. This way, the "scan subfolders" would never get hampered. I like the idea of scanning subfolders...
Yeah, don't misunderstand, I'm not saying that won't happen. But my time for working on JavLuv is really limited, so I need to be able to justify any changes as being more important than the hundred or so other requests I get for new features or capabilities.

BTW, errors pop up when those folders are scanned? You didn't mention that earlier. Are those errors in JavLuv or Windows?

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
Yeah, don't misunderstand, I'm not saying that won't happen. But my time for working on JavLuv is really limited, so I need to be able to justify any changes as being more important than the hundred or so other requests I get for new features or capabilities.

BTW, errors pop up when those folders are scanned? You didn't mention that earlier. Are those errors in JavLuv or Windows?
The reproductible way to get the error is to scan the drive itself, at root level, with the subfolders option. For this test, the drive letter is X.
Here is the pop-up I get:

Attachments

• 001144.jpg
    001144.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 7

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Ah, okay. You gotta lead with that info next time. ;) Will definitely look into fixing that with the next update.

Reactions: mei2

vidocq

Mar 23, 2007
Sorry ^^; if I come across any issues in the future I will try to be more specific from the get go.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Sorry ^^; if I come across any issues in the future I will try to be more specific from the get go.
Heh, no worries. I've got a fix in for the next update. I've got some scrapers to fix, but will push a new version after that.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
@TmpGuy Hi. I am still working on getting the subtitles to add them self to the folder and i was going trough your previous comments. " The other way you can enable subtitles is just by choosing Rescan Files, and it should find the subtitles. " could you please explain this little deeper, i don't seam to get it to work.